• The Ponziest Scheme of All, Oct. 2008

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Disintegration of Detroit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guantanamo

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the worst of the worst in the first decade of 21th century?

Time magazine has publized their selection of the wort ten things in the worst ever decade. And which do you think is the worst of the worst?

Global Times Forum

Oh and just a note, there is still one more year in this decade. The end of next year will bring a close the the first decade of the 21st century. Why not ask it again in December of 2010?

Time magazine has publized their selection of the wort ten things in the worst ever decade. And which do you think is the worst of the worst?

Global Times Forum

My considered "worst of the worst" would be the corruption of the mainstream media. If we had a media without an agenda, then the American people might actually have had enough facts to avoid alot of the disasters on TIME'S list.

I would choose Iraq and afghanistan wars, because they are intentionally made disasters.

If not for 9-11-2001, Iraq, and Afganistan wouldn't be an issue, but, the terrorists put those 2 countries in motion with us.
I find it odd that you would choose those countries over the 3,000 plus lives we lost in our own country...very odd indeed.

Global Times Forum

My grocery store stopped carrying Turkey Hill All Natural Ice Cream. :evil:

Guantanamo - other things were done to us.
Al Gore caused the indecision.
Al Qaeda caused the 9/11 attacks.
Nature (ran out of Al) caused Katrina etc.
Invading other countries is so commonplace to be unremarkable.
But the US, in the person of our president, chose to put people in Guantanamo, which was essentially an attack on Our civil liberties.

Guantanamo - other things were done to us.
Al Gore caused the indecision.
Al Qaeda caused the 9/11 attacks.
Nature (ran out of Al) caused Katrina etc.
Invading other countries is so commonplace to be unremarkable.
But the US, in the person of our president, chose to put people in Guantanamo, which was essentially an attack on Our civil liberties.

And nothing was "our" fault?

I would choose Iraq and afghanistan wars, because they are intentionally made disasters.

If not for 9-11-2001, Iraq, and Afganistan wouldn't be an issue, but, the terrorists put those 2 countries in motion with us.
I find it odd that you would choose those countries over the 3,000 plus lives we lost in our own country...very odd indeed.

I disagree with his choice also but we have lost over 5000 of our own in the wars.

Global Times Forum

What makes this the worst decade ever?

I could think of some that were much worse

Global Times Forum

What makes this the worst decade ever?

I could think of some that were much worse

Disco alone puts the '70s in the running.

And the attacks on September 11th were accidental.

Compared to the War in Iraq, they caused far fewer deaths. More importantly to some posters here, they caused fewer American deaths.

But, it was the terrorists that did bring on the wars in Iraq, and Afganistan. Like I said, if 9-11 didn't happen, there wouldn't have been any of the wars over there.
Cause, and Effect

Last edited:

Forum List

Back