The worst...? No doubt.

Originally posted by Psychoblues
The worst? I dunno, but certainly as bad as any and doubly threatening to the way of life our founders intended and that so many of our soldiers and civilians have fought to defend than any that I know about. It's good to have an Attorney General of strong will. It's very unwise to have one so superstitious, self-admiring and legally unsupervised as Herr Asscroft.

Psychoblues

Who will be Kerry's likely choice for the postion? You remember him don't you? the democrat? Give us YOUR option so that we may compare the two.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Sure, he scares you, so let's compare him to Hitler who was responsible for how many 'murders'?

Comparing Bush to Hitler or calling Ashcroft 'Herr' is no different, both asanine.

Not unexpected of childish liberals though.

Neither will be in office for much longer, and then they will be free of my "childish liberal" criticism.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Neither will be in office for much longer, and then they will be free of my "childish liberal" criticism.

Oh no flasher---at least 6 more months of it?:D

I dunno, dildoduck, he hasn't given public info on his choices for VEEP consideration yet. But, I hear Don Rumsfeld is taking a correspondence course in jurisprudence and is hoping to ride a bipartisan bandwagon into the justice department 'cuz he's got a bone to pick with a few of the as yet unforgiven right wingers that have critisized his handling of the troops and their prisoners. We'll certainly know by this time next year, don't you know?

Psychoblues

Being from Missouri, I saw John Ashcroft sit on his ass and do nothing for 8 years as governor. Then he went to the Senate and sat on his ass and did nothing for 5 1/2 years (right up until he derailed Ronnie White's judicial appointment for political gain). Now he's in the type of position he loves. Responsible to no one except Bush who gives him carte blanche, he can do what he really loves to do, trample on the civil rights of all Americans. For the last 12 years we've had nothing but complete idiots running DOJ. I'm a Democrat and I'll say it, Janet Reno was a pathetic Attorney General, it's amazing Bush was able to find someone worse but he did.

acludem

Um anyone else have to laugh about calling John Ashcroft the worst AG after 8 years of Ms Reno who spent longer trying to end the stand off at the Branch Davidian compound then our soldiers took to liberate Iraq?

I don't think you'll find many defenders of Janet Reno even amongst the left, Avatar, but to say she is even in the same corrupt/illogical/superstitious league as John Ashcroft is just folly and demonstrates a blind following of misguided advice, IMHO. If Mr. Ashcroft was half the diciplinarian defender of the Constitution and American law, he would've called for special prosecuters several years ago to investigate a multitude of alleged sins by our current commander in chief and his principle handlers starting with Dick Cheney. Whitewater, wasn't anything to it. But Harkin, Halliburton, and a multitude of other dubious dealings at least deserve token judicial examination for which to date there has been none.

Psychoblues

I don't think you'll find many defenders of Janet Reno even amongst the left, Avatar, but to say she is even in the same corrupt/illogical/superstitious league as John Ashcroft is just folly and demonstrates a blind following of misguided advice, IMHO.

Psychoblues

Ok Psycho, from a non-combative, what did Janet accomplish that was SO GOOD from WACO to Elian? What has Ashcroft DONE that was SO Bad?

Sorry, Kathianne, you must not have gotten the memo. Janet did try, admittedly poorly, to uphold the constitution as she understood it and address the concerns of otherwise detractors that merely wished to unseat a popularly and electorally elected President, among other GOOD things. Mr. Ashcroft has done everything possible to trample our Constitution, defend those that also trample on it, ignore the overwhelming evidence that something is amiss in our Presidents' and our Vice Presidents' business dealings before and after their appointments. He has denied the rights of millions and made millions for himself and others doing it. That's just a start, should I go on?

Psychoblues

Sorry, Kathianne, you must not have gotten the memo. Janet did try, admittedly poorly, to uphold the constitution as she understood it and address the concerns of otherwise detractors that merely wished to unseat a popularly and electorally elected President, among other GOOD things. Mr. Ashcroft has done everything possible to trample our Constitution, defend those that also trample on it, ignore the overwhelming evidence that something is amiss in our Presidents' and our Vice Presidents' business dealings before and after their appointments. He has denied the rights of millions and made millions for himself and others doing it. That's just a start, should I go on?

Psychoblues

Well her interpretation leaves me cold and others too. Now can you tell me HOW Mr. Ashcroft has tramled on the Constitution?

Psychoblues

Hey Psycho how about all the innocents her and Billy murdered out there at Waco? Did she try to uphold their constitutional rights?

Face it John Ashcroft hasn't trampled the constitution. I'll be the 2nd here to ask you to cite specific examples but I won't hold my breath while waiting for them you old addict.

Psychoblues

Then she certainly needs to read the Bill of Rights some more. She blatently violated it in regards to both Waco and Elian. I cant think of one thing she did that was good.

Funny thing is i didnt think youd actually provide any evidence where Mr Ashcroft has ever violated a single point of our constitution.

How about we start with the most logical question. What rights has he denied? And may i remind you provide specifics rather than just accusations. You can call Ashcroft Evil, or Bush a liar all day, it aint going to mean anything till you get off your behind and back it up.

What I've found most amusing is the lack of any real, considered rebuttal of the assertions in Mr. Krugman's editorial. But this is simply because there are none...So, Herr Ashcroft's supporters resort to childish name calling. Also, instead of addressing Herr Ashcroft's many shortcomings, attention is diverted to Janet Reno and her incompetence, which was legendary, but still not in Ashcroft's class.

I dunno, dildoduck, he hasn't given public info on his choices for VEEP consideration yet. But, I hear Don Rumsfeld is taking a correspondence course in jurisprudence and is hoping to ride a bipartisan bandwagon into the justice department 'cuz he's got a bone to pick with a few of the as yet unforgiven right wingers that have critisized his handling of the troops and their prisoners. We'll certainly know by this time next year, don't you know?

Psychoblues

He hasn't gone public on anything yet that he hasnt reversed himself on. You dems do realize that sooner or later you're going to have to stop the bashing long enough to PROMOTE your own candidate as hard as that may be for you. Your candidate is simply a default candidate. Keep him quiet so no one can see what he's really like!

New Topics

Forum List

Back