The Worst Generation's war in Wisconsin

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
Ethics, duty, self sacrifice is a sticky business and seems to have a short half life. Personally, I can see her point(s). Have we as a society run out of ethical running room?

And I don’t excuse myself, I am a member of this generation and looking back I can see that I too have acted against what may be considered the collectives best interest(s) for my own gratification. I can only hope I have somehow repaid that debt. by service and giving back in general.

The Worst Generation's war in Wisconsin
Monday, February 21, 2011
By Ruth Ann Dailey, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

We baby boomers have been called, with good reason, "The Worst Generation."

Our parents survived the Great Depression, then donned uniforms to fight the Good War and save Western Civilization. We call them "The Greatest Generation." We use capital letters to honor their achievements and spirit of uncomplaining self-sacrifice.

But they gave birth to us, the cohort born between 1945 and 1964, and they gave us everything they never had. Since fate has demanded little of us, we spoiled "baby boomers" are, as former Clinton adviser Paul Begala (born 1961) has written, "the most self-centered, self-seeking, self-interested, self-absorbed, self-indulgent, self-aggrandizing generation" in U.S. history.

That epic selfishness is on full display in Wisconsin's budget battle.

Like the rest of the country, Wisconsin's government, unions and schools, led mostly by boomers, are trying to stem a tide of red ink. Unlike the federal government, Wisconsin can't just print more money or borrow from the Chinese.

So the rest of America is closely watching Wisconsin: Will the boomers finally step up, as their parents did, and do what's best for the next generation?

more at-

Read more: The Worst Generation's war in Wisconsin

Last edited:
The boomers are stepping up in Wisconsin. The unions offered to negotiate on wages and benefits. The governor does not want that, he wants to bust the unions. The people in capital that are demonstrating against the war against the middle class. I fully support their efforts.

No. In fact, they are trying to corrupt the next generation with them. And committing fraud as they do it. Any Doctors and teachers who produced & presented phoney doctors notes, need to be arrested.

Am I? Show me where Walker has dropped his demand that the state have no collective bargaining rights.

reading the new york times is bad for you, they retain their rights collectively bargain for wages....now you know.

But that's only half the story. There are also work rules. Why are you trying to hide that, while pretending others don't know the whole story? We all watch the same shows and read the same papers. Get real. This isn't just about money, on which the WI workers have already made concessions, but about a future where they'd have to accept any fiat the governor lays down. I'm afraid they're not going to take 100+ years of labor progress lying down.

The boomers are stepping up in Wisconsin. The unions offered to negotiate on wages and benefits. The governor does not want that, he wants to bust the unions. The people in capital that are demonstrating against the war against the middle class. I fully support their efforts.
Gubmint employee unions need to be busted.

Many of the moonbats demonstrating in Madison were engaging in an illegal wildcat strike and outright fraud....Little wonder that you support them.

don't you know its only class warfare when its the poor complaining or looking for a better life?

Am I? Show me where Walker has dropped his demand that the state have no collective bargaining rights.

reading the new york times is bad for you, they retain their rights collectively bargain for wages....now you know.

But that's only half the story. There are also work rules. Why are you trying to hide that, while pretending others don't know the whole story? We all watch the same shows and read the same papers. Get real. This isn't just about money, on which the WI workers have already made concessions, but about a future where they'd have to accept any fiat the governor lays down. I'm afraid they're not going to take 100+ years of labor progress lying down.

didn't you know anal rape by the government is what capialism is about ?

Tough shit...If your gubmint bureaucrat job is such a bad deal, go get a job out in the real world.

Tough shit...If your gubmint bureaucrat job is such a bad deal, go get a job out in the real world.

yea why bother giving teachers a decent life. its not like they do anything useful :cuckoo::cuckoo:

yea why bother giving teachers a decent life. its not like they do anything useful :cuckoo::cuckoo:
Judging from the test scores of students from gubmint schools, many teachers really aren't doing anything useful....Good point.

Judging from the test scores of students from gubmint schools, many teachers really aren't doing anything useful....Good point.

can't fix stupid - have you seen the people doing the most reproducing out there?

all the financial concessions have been agreed to. this is no longer about the budget. it's about the wi governor making a name for himself.

can't fix stupid - have you seen the people doing the most reproducing out there?

all the financial concessions have been agreed to. this is no longer about the budget. it's about the wi governor making a name for himself.
Right...Blame the customer.

The financial concessions aren't the point....The only collective bargaining privileges in dispute here are over non-salary related issues.

wisconsin has the third highest scores in the country I believe, with a very respectable ACT average... sorry but your broadbrush crap isn't going to fly

The financial concessions aren't the point....The only collective bargaining privileges in dispute here are over non-salary related issues.

no, i don't blame kids. i blame their parents who expect the teachers to turn their shallow end of the gene pool offspring into einstein with no effort on their part.

and if the financial concessions aren't the point why is the only justification given by the governor his state's budget problems?

no, i don't blame kids. i blame their parents who expect the teachers to turn their shallow end of the gene pool offspring into einstein with no effort on their part.

and if the financial concessions aren't the point why is the only justification given by the governor his state's budget problems?
The parents are customers, too...The people of Wisconsin are no more or less from the "shallow end of the gene pool" than those of any other state, you fucking bigot.

Let me see if you can grasp this.

The state cannot afford to negotiate over this. Two years ago Wisconsin had the same problem, and the unions tied up the negotiations for 18 months, and nothing was accomplished. Well, the teachers did get a pay raise, but they contribute no more to their benefits.

They actually "gave up" an increase in benefits, and accepted a lower pay raise, in the midst of a recession, and called that tightening their belts. Thsi at the same time that private sector jobs were disappearing at near record rates, and most private sector employees, even ones in unions, took pay cuts.

In order for a negotiation to be successful both sides have to negotiate in good faith.

Forum List

Back