The Worst Generation Reacted To The Best Generation

I still have a Whole Earth Catalog. What a walk down memory lane. I never lived in a teepee or bathed in the river, except when I went camping (shampooing your hair in the Hudson is a senseless exercise). I never liked tofu, but their ideas were gentle, hopelessly idealistic, and a spark of light in a grey world. Let's not forget, without them, we wouldn't have rice cakes, which have saved many a gluten free-er from eating their tuna salad with a fork.

throwing-up-o.gif
Oh, Marion. I know they're like eating a styrofoam cup, but if bread is off the menu, they're handy. I like them piled with cottage cheese sprinkled with herbs and seasonings. NOW you can barf.

Cottage cheese and strawberry preserves. :p
Sounds good!

Not being greedy and not raping the Earth aren't awful concepts either.
To OldLady: Do it on your dime whenever you and your kind set out to save the world.
Yet you managed to twist it into a hateful ideology.
To OldLady: Nothing is more hateful than dirty little moralists forcing their beliefs on anybody.
Not being greedy and not raping the Earth aren't awful concepts either

If the Earth didn't want to be raped ... she wouldn't dress that way.

d016e186f0dbd231da96bfe335c3cc68.jpg
To fncceo: Lol.

Calvera: If God did not want them sheared he would not have made them sheep.​

It's is fine that humans can take from the Earth that which it needs, but at the same time humans must give back to the Earth for future generations...
To Moonglow: Stow the environmental crapola. Individual liberties is the only thing Americans owe future generations.
CON$ervoFascist conformists have always been insanely jealous of the Hippies' freedom, creativity, and individuality!
To edthecynic: A U.S. Marine Drill Team is disorderly compared to those ‘60s hippies. Only a fool would be jealous of the most lock-step group that ever marched in this country.

To edthecynic: A U.S. Marine Drill Team is disorderly compared to those ‘60s hippies. Only a fool would be jealous of the most lock-step group that ever marched in this country.
Okay. Now I KNOW you are talking about a group you have absolutely no first hand knowledge of. LOL. That's hysterical, right there.
I don't understand why these ideas are so threatening to you, but since it has pretty much been proven over time that communism doesn't work economically and living in a hut made of old tires with no indoor plumbing gets real old real fast, it is certainly not something you need to be sweating now.

To OldLady: Do it on your dime whenever you and your kind set out to save the world.
Yet you managed to twist it into a hateful ideology.
To OldLady: Nothing is more hateful than dirty little moralists forcing their beliefs on anybody.
Not being greedy and not raping the Earth aren't awful concepts either

If the Earth didn't want to be raped ... she wouldn't dress that way.

d016e186f0dbd231da96bfe335c3cc68.jpg
To fncceo: Lol.

Calvera: If God did not want them sheared he would not have made them sheep.​

It's is fine that humans can take from the Earth that which it needs, but at the same time humans must give back to the Earth for future generations...
To Moonglow: Stow the environmental crapola. Individual liberties is the only thing Americans owe future generations.
CON$ervoFascist conformists have always been insanely jealous of the Hippies' freedom, creativity, and individuality!

Yeah, environmentalism is wacko, nothing like the sanity of a land stripped bare with nothing to live off of..

The Gilded Need to Get Gelded

Hippy, Yuppy, Preppy. That is a clue to what has been going on since aristocracy overthrew democracy. The exclusive high school that Flower Children leader Abbie Hoffman went to charges $35,000 a year for tuition. Until we abolished the unearned power and privileges of this guillotine-fodder class, we have nothing to blame but our own gutless slavishness.

I LIKED that CocaCola commercial, and I still do. You can throw as many words at it as you want, but it is still a good ideal to strive for.
Yet you managed to twist it into a hateful ideology. That's on YOU, not them.

Actually the Coca-Cola commercial was inspired by the hippies.

The dirty hippies came first. Blech! Dirty hippies, I loathe them.
Easy Rider's Daddy Bought Him His Motorcycle and Financed His Wanderings

And bootlickers of the Plutes Who Wear the Boots sing, "I'd like to buy a Koch the world."

OLD SCHOOL: Drive /// NEW AGE: Drivel

They felt so free that they were driven into drugs to escape from it and eventually overdosed. Loved it when Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper got what they deserved from mature adults who worked instead of wandered.

Individuality? Slaves to the fads of irresponsible spoiled brats. Creativity? New ways to destroy themselves and drag suckers into their pit with them.

Imagine that! A generation of people smart enough to see the folly in risking your life in some misguided military escapade
Epitaph on the Wall: PROUD TO DIE TAKING A RICH KID'S PLACE

The self-righteous Snob Mob you glorify was exempted from ever having to take that risk. The guiding purpose of the Vietnam War was to kill off or take the fight out of the bravest sons of the working class. Mission accomplished.

We give back coal and other fossil foods by burning them.

You're welcome, Earth.

Forum List

Back