The World's Most Authoritarian Nations?

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
4793710931_1ee3c8c186.jpg

Map of the Day: The World's Most Authoritarian Nations - Politics - The Atlantic

Esquire, who made the map, seems to be making a political statement -- after all, they could have mapped the nations that prohibit women from voting or censor the Internet -- but the magazine certainly makes its point clearly by grouping the United States with many of its enemies.

Those two issues don't make the US authoritarian.

If you live in a country where freedom and liberty are a dream then yes....but just because of those two issues...not so much.

Worlds least. They have no military.
Imagine.No Sarges. No gunny's. No Retarded Army guys.
No wingnuts.

Attachments

• $800px-List_of_countries_without_armed_forces.jpg
    $800px-List_of_countries_without_armed_forces.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 76

If you live in a country where freedom and liberty are a dream then yes....but just because of those two issues...not so much.
You DO live in a country where freedom and liberty are a dream. You're just too brainwashed to see it !
You don't think so? Order yourself a plane ticket from Miami to Habana and I'll meet you there and buy you $1000 worth of Cohibas to take home.They'll lock your ass up unless you're a Canuk ?:eusa_angel:

--
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You DO live in a country where freedom and liberty are a dream. You're just too brainwashed to see it !
You don't think so? Order yourself a plane ticket from Miami to Habana and I'll meet you there and buy you $1000 worth of Cohibas to take home.They'll lock your ass up unless you're a Canuk ?:eusa_angel:

--
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bullshit. Travel restrictions to a country that nationalized (stole) american property do not make an authoritartian country.

most European countries are FAR more authoritarian as they have much less freedom of speech, due to not having a 1st amendment. Ask the people being put on trial for denigrating islam about how much freedom they have.

I have other lists that show which nations provide the most freedom & liberty. I think these are better lists to study and cite. The U.S. does very well in these lists. While a country like Great Britain which openly spies on its people by way of massive video surveillance,ranks very low on these lists as far as freedom and civil liberties go. I think your list is very flawed. When you look at overall freedom & liberty,you will see that the U.S. ranks very high. You would probably be very surprised to see which countries actually rank very low in overall freedom & liberty. A nation like Great Britain for example,actually ranks very low and is on par with Communist China. I would advise that you check out more studies before you declare the U.S. so "Authoritarian."

I have other lists that show which nations provide the most freedom & liberty. I think these are better lists to study and cite. The U.S. does very well in these lists. While a country like Great Britain which openly spies on its people by way of massive video surveillance,ranks very low on these lists as far as freedom and civil liberties go.

Better to do it n secret like a real U.S. P.A.T.R.I.O.T.?
I think your list is very flawed.

It's not my list and I never said whether I agreed with it.

I would advise that you check out more studies before you declare the U.S. so "Authoritarian."
I made no declarations, my illiterate friend.

I have other lists that show which nations provide the most freedom & liberty. I think these are better lists to study and cite. The U.S. does very well in these lists. While a country like Great Britain which openly spies on its people by way of massive video surveillance,ranks very low on these lists as far as freedom and civil liberties go.

Better to do it n secret like a real U.S. P.A.T.R.I.O.T.?
I think your list is very flawed.

It's not my list and I never said whether I agreed with it.

I would advise that you check out more studies before you declare the U.S. so "Authoritarian."
I made no declarations, my illiterate friend.

What makes you think the Brits don't spy on their people secretly? They do so much spying openly so i can only imagine what they're doing secretly. Like i said,you should check out some other studies. You would be very surprised to see which nations actually rank very low in overall freedom & liberty. Many of these nations are nations that like to run around preaching to the world about human rights. Many of these nations are located in Western Europe. Some of our best friends over there have almost no real freedom & liberty anymore. It's actually pretty sad. Do some more research. Enjoy.

Forum List

Back