The World’s Filthiest Places

yup. me too. its nasty.

and actually Cairo is way worse than Alexandria.;)

Worse?

How? Seriously. After seeing the deep blue of the Med turn to shit brown the moment we passed the breakers into the bay, I assumed the city was on the edge of plague.

krist, we watched an animals stomach slowly roll down the street to the shore and the locals didn't seem to notice.

*shrugs* I went on a Nile 'expedition' back when Cairo was just creeping up on the Giza plateau archeological complex. I remember walking to the edge of the plateau and looking maybe oh, 2 miles north to Cairo and wishing they would never get any closer, out native guide said same, but he said it will in 5-8 years max, hug the Pyramids... and he was right and heres the thing, 80% of these "suburbs" are ghettos that make our ghettos look like the Fairmont Hotels here....its as bad as India.

My only experience in Alexandria was 2 nights the Mercury hotel, which is east of trhe harbor, and I am sure it was bad, but I saw the same type of "sewage treatment" :lol: in lloret del mar and thats a big resort town...*shrugs* its all relative I guess..;)

Kinda funny.

Ya know how when you first pull in you want to get a drink and try some of the local food.

Well, I have no idea what Egyptian food tastes like and I'm certain most of the crew didn't either.

I was able to turn a profit buy gold chains there and selling them to new arrivals.

If they ever learned what the glyphs meant, I woulda gotten my ass kicked. :lol:

It's just Naples.

Most of the rest of the country is like any place else, just with water restrictions.

Many Italians bath in the Med itself, but in Naples you would have to clean yourself after getting into the water. It was full of dead rats, condoms and gawd knows what else.

and yet, they look down on Sicily....lol I have been to signally Sicily a few times and its freaking beautiful there..

I will assume, you mean Sigonella?:rolleyes: dude...

When you drank as much Sangria as I did there, you would spell it incorectly as well. :doubt:

They forgot Washington D.C.

P022409JB-0615-red.jpg

Just look at all that filth.

Granny says ya'll oughta see Uncle Ferd's room...

... an' shed...

... an' pick`em-up truck...

... so dirty even the cockroaches don't come around.
:eek:

Sorry bout that,

High_Gravity: wrote

There are so many shit holes in the Middle East I don't even know where to start, but Italy really needs to get their shit together, why are they on this list? do they have low standards of cleanliness there like in Egypt and Saudi Arabia? shit in Saudi Arabia people just throw trash out of their cars onto the street and nobody cares.

1. Anyone else notice that this isn't a *one line* post lcoming from GH?
2. Is, High Gravity, *no name*, trying to change his spots?
3. Anyone think he can keep this pace up?
4. I do not.
5. This is killing him, to know I'm in his head, and he has to post more than a *one liner* everytime.....lol!!!!!!
6. Gosh this feels good getting in GH's head!
7. Hello,...hello,...hello,....I'm in here HG,......!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

There are so many shit holes in the Middle East I don't even know where to start, but Italy really needs to get their shit together, why are they on this list? do they have low standards of cleanliness there like in Egypt and Saudi Arabia? shit in Saudi Arabia people just throw trash out of their cars onto the street and nobody cares.

4. I do not.
5. This is killing him, to know I'm in his head, and he has to post more than a *one liner* everytime.....lol!!!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

One line from me is better than a whole novel by you clown, bank on it.:lol:

Sorry bout that,

4. I do not.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

:wtf:

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. Anyone else notice that this isn't a *one line* post coming from GH?
4. I do not.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

One line from me is better than a whole novel by you clown, bank on it.:lol:

1. Just like I said, he couldn't keep that pace up, and has slipped back to the *One Liner* posting method.
2. Lowers my IQ, just to read his crap.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jardim Gramacho, the worlds largest landfill.

I saw this documentary the other day and it is a really touching and deeply moving movie.
Artist Vik Muniz went there and made some beautiful artwork from "the filthiest place on earth"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acH1exBB2ow&feature=fvsr]Waste Land - Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

After watching trailer, I get all "mystie eyed".. good movie. Its on netflix

01-1.jpg

These images are made from tons of garbage and taken from above
1-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

001-1.jpg

Vik Muniz

03-1.jpg

'Waste Land' finds art in Brazil's trash - *

:thup:

Forum List