The World Protests Against Israel

you are not an ultraconservative in what way?

you said you are a reactionary. a reactionary is conservative by nature as their position is in opposition to proposed liberalism/change.

maybe it is your position that is conservative, even ultraconservative?

When you posed the question, you said it in terms of pro- something, as opposed to anti-something. What I'm saying is that I usually don't consider myself as part of a pro-anything movement - I try the best I can to apply my beliefs to a situation (ie react to it) and come to a conclusion.

If you were asking me if I was a conservative or an ultraconservative, then I misunderstood your question - I'm definitely not a conservative or ultraconservative.

is there too much nuance in the real world for you? Do you want to grow up to be a logic board or something?

killing is bad but often (not always) justified... in my view. now do you disagree on some level?

I don't think killing is always unjustified.

QUOTE=Kevin_Kennedy:
Whoever told you that apparently doesn't know that the Constitution allows for the freedom of speech. You don't have to appreciate what he says, you simply have to acknowledge his right to say it.
I said "nobody has to do any such thing." and you said:

---

thing is nobody, no individual has to acknowledge the right of every fool's every utterance. Free Speech can be and is restricted regardless of your reading of the 1st amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

When you posed the question, you said it in terms of pro- something, as opposed to anti-something. What I'm saying is that I usually don't consider myself as part of a pro-anything movement - I try the best I can to apply my beliefs to a situation (ie react to it) and come to a conclusion.

If you were asking me if I was a conservative or an ultraconservative, then I misunderstood your question - I'm definitely not a conservative or ultraconservative.

postions can be conservative.

I said "nobody has to do any such thing." and you said:

---

thing is nobody, no individual has to acknowledge the right of every fool's every utterance. Free Speech can be and is restricted regardless of your reading of the 1st amendment.

You cannot restrict somebody's freedom of speech without encroaching on their liberty, which you have no right to do. So you do have to acknowledge their right to say what they wish, but you may also choose to ignore it.

Indeed many Israelis want 'fairness' and 'peace.' Good goals I think we all agree with.

Where are the Palestinians condemning the anti-Semites? Silent.

How will a Palestinian condemning Hamas help the situation? Won't change a thing.

Europe is a group of declining democracies, Middle East a group of growing dictatorships. Now they're joining forces and we must be as resolute in fighting the soft Europeans and freedom hating Muslims as Reagan was fighting the Communists.

How will a Palestinian condemning Hamas help the situation? Won't change a thing.

Europe is a group of declining democracies, Middle East a group of growing dictatorships. Now they're joining forces and we must be as resolute in fighting the soft Europeans and freedom hating Muslims as Reagan was fighting the Communists.

Yet many say those Jews that 'speak out' about Israel are doing a 'service', go figure. :dunno:

Yet many say those Jews that 'speak out' about Israel are doing a 'service', go figure.

The Jews that speak out against Israel are morons, the Muslims hate them regardless of their viewpoint. Just like we had to kill innocent Nicaraguans to defeat Communism, we're going to have kill innocent Muslims to defeat Jihadism. If Jews and American liberals want to go soft and get all Jimmy Carter-like about this, then you can not only kiss Israel goodbye, but can expect Islamic hatred for freedom and democracy to enter this country.

I don't think killing is always unjustified.

nuances.

So what would you do if you were in charge over there...of Israeli reaction?

I will read Carter's piece more thoroughly and see what exactly he says/offers.

---

Carter writes:
I know from personal involvement that the devastating invasion of Gaza by Israel could easily have been avoided.

Carter writes:
On another visit to Syria in mid-December, I made an effort for the impending six-month deadline to be extended. It was clear that the preeminent issue was opening the crossings into Gaza. Representatives from the Carter Center visited Jerusalem, met with Israeli officials and asked if this was possible in exchange for a cessation of rocket fire. The Israeli government informally proposed that 15 percent of normal supplies might be possible if Hamas first stopped all rocket fire for 48 hours. This was unacceptable to Hamas, and hostilities erupted.

After 12 days of "combat," the Israeli Defense Forces reported that more than 1,000 targets were shelled or bombed. During that time, Israel rejected international efforts to obtain a cease-fire, with full support from Washington. Seventeen mosques, the American International School, many private homes and much of the basic infrastructure of the small but heavily populated area have been destroyed. This includes the systems that provide water, electricity and sanitation. Heavy civilian casualties are being reported by courageous medical volunteers from many nations, as the fortunate ones operate on the wounded by light from diesel-powered generators.

and then here...
The hope is that when further hostilities are no longer productive, Israel, Hamas and the United States will accept another cease-fire, at which time the rockets will again stop and an adequate level of humanitarian supplies will be permitted to the surviving Palestinians, with the publicized agreement monitored by the international community. The next possible step: a permanent and comprehensive peace.
The Us will accept a cease fire? I'm confused here. What the hell is Carter talking about?

Now Carter says the war was unnecessary. Most wars are unnecessary. He offered no solution only a story of what had happened before the last cease fire was broken by HAMAS.

What would you have done if you were Israel? Taken a few more missile strikes?
After visiting Sderot last April and seeing the serious psychological damage caused by the rockets that had fallen in that area, my wife, Rosalynn, and I declared their launching from Gaza to be inexcusable and an act of terrorism.

Although casualties were rare (three deaths in seven years), the town was traumatized by the unpredictable explosions.

About 3,000 residents had moved to other communities, and the streets, playgrounds and shopping centers were almost empty. Mayor Eli Moyal assembled a group of citizens in his office to meet us and complained that the government of Israel was not stopping the rockets, either through diplomacy or military action.

How would you or anyone stop the rocket attacks short of an incursion into GAZA?

Of course its "nuances".

So what would you do if you were in charge over there...of Israeli reaction?

---

Carter writes:

Carter writes:

and then here...
The Us will accept a cease fire? I'm confused here. What the hell is Carter talking about?

Now Carter says the war was unnecessary. Most wars are unnecessary. He offered no solution only a story of what had happened before the last cease fire was broken by HAMAS.

What would you have done if you were Israel? Taken a few more missile strikes?

How would you or anyone stop the rocket attacks short of an incursion into GAZA?

I feel no compulsion to defend Carter's words. I only feel compulsion to defend pfife's words.

The Jews that speak out against Israel are morons, the Muslims hate them regardless of their viewpoint.
sad to say I agree with much of what you imply here.

Just like we had to kill innocent Nicaraguans to defeat Communism, we're going to have kill innocent Muslims to defeat Jihadism.
you say this too nonchalantly and your logic is flawed. We did not kill innocent Nicaraguans in order to defeat communism. Whose bunghole did you pull this shit out of?

Muslims? Jihadism? Is somebody at war with Islam?

What has Islam got to do with Israel and the Palestinian issue?

If Jews and American liberals want to go soft and get all Jimmy Carter-like about this, then you can not only kiss Israel goodbye, but can expect Islamic hatred for freedom and democracy to enter this country.

WTF?

go crawl back under whatever rock you crawled out from under before you get stepped on and crushed, you little maggot.

_45343110_londongazaprotestgetty226b.jpg

Organisers of the London protest said it was "just the start of the campaign"

The world protests against Israel offensive in the Gaza Strip

People across the world protested today against Israel's airstrikes in Gaza, calling for an immediate end to the violence as Israeli troops have entered the Palestinian region.

About 21,000 people rallied in Paris, and about 10,000 hit the streets of London. There were also rallies in Madrid, Amsterdam, Stockholm and Athens.

In London protesters threw their shoes at the gates of Downing Street, and they carried flags chanting 'Free, free Palestine' and 'Israel terrorists'.

Smaller protests took part in Manchester and Edinburgh, while in Paris people chanted 'We are all Palestinians'. A few people set cars alight in Paris and some windows were smashed, while protestors also made their view heard in Marseille, Lyon, Nice and Mulhouse.

About 5,000 people protested in Milan, most of them supposedly immigrants.
Athens, which as seen protests over many days now, today protested against the invasion, and some scuffles broke out in front of the Israeli embassy in the capital. Salzburg also saw some protests as about 2,300 people hit the streets.

Canadian cities also held protests today as people waving Palestinian flags denounced the Israeli offensive in Gaza, with demonstrations starting in Ottawa near Parliament Hill, with other protests springing up in Toronto.

-- more at link
The world protests against Israel offensive in the Gaza Strip | NowPublic News Coverage

Muslims around the world protest Israel’s ‘airstrikes’ on Gaza Strip
Arab Times :: Muslims around the world protest Israel’s ‘airstrikes’ on Gaza Strip

World protests at Gaza conflict
BBC NEWS | Middle East | World protests at Gaza conflict

The answer is simple .. BOYCOTT AND DIVEST ISRAEL and BOYCOTT AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS

Perhaps the US and Israel does not need the rest of the world.

Just goes to show you that stupidity knows no international boundaries.

Let's see Jimmy Carter cut support for Samoza in 1979, the regime collapsed later that year, which forced us to support the FDN, which killed people, but fought against the Communist Sandanistas. We were ultimately forced to defeat Communism in a very ugly way.

He fucked up in Afghanistan, in Iran, in Nicaragua, and at home. Yet morons like you want to hear what Carter has to say, a man whose good intentions paved a road to hell for this country.

We either fight this or we don't. If England wants to embrace Sharia law, let them go down that path, they're declining anyway. But as Americans, we have a choice - either accept people who don't believe in liberty, or defeat them. The soft, mushy middle of U.N. agreements and conflicted foreign policy will only make the problem worse.

I've always said becoming oil independent so they couldn't fund terrorists is a security issue.

Seriously, how much do you think those Grads and Katyushas are costing Hamas? They're basically fighting with sticks and stones.

Doesn't matter if Prince Abdullah personally fills your tank, the only way to win this thing is to fight Jihadism clearly and consistently. No more playing nice with the dictatorships represented at the UN, no more condemning Israel for defending itself, no more criticizing our own government for Gitmo.

We won't be free to sit on our sofas watching American Idol or posting on message boards if we don't start flighting these people the way we fought the Communists.

Forum List

Back