The world is going dark tonight

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Alright you leftist eco-wankers! Tonight is your chance to do something good for the earth and make yourselves feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Tonight is the yearly "Earth Hour." That's where you're supposed to turn off everything and sit in your cold, dark houses from 8:30 PM until 9:30 PM.

Very sorry, but I won't be celebrating along with you. I have a couple gallons of used motor oil and two tires with which we're gonna have a big ol, bonfire outside.

"(CNN) — Don’t be surprised if you find your neighbors turning off their lights for a full hour Saturday night. They’re taking part in a global movement called Earth Hour.

Earth Hour is an annual tradition in which people switch off their lights to spread awareness about sustainability and climate change. Started by the World Wildlife Fund, it takes place this year on March 30, from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. local time. (And it’s not to be confused with Earth Day, which is April 22.)

The symbolic effort started in 2007 in Sydney, Australia, when the WWF encouraged 2.2 million people to turn off their lights for one hour to support action on climate change.

Since then, millions of people around the world have taken part. Landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, Sydney Opera House, the Empire State Building, Buckingham Palace, the Colosseum and Edinburgh Castle also have gone dark for an hour..."

For A Brief Period Tonight, Some Parts Of The World Will Go Dark

and miss tonights rerun of Wonder Woman, starring Lynda Carter?

no effing way!

Man, I ain't doing that! I bet 99.9% of those that do are on their cell phones the whole time! I just recooked some stuff and it needs to be refrigerated.

North Korea is much more Progressive than Progressives

v4-North-Korea-at-night-01-e1490390513303.jpg

Alright you leftist eco-wankers! Tonight is your chance to do something good for the earth and make yourselves feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Tonight is the yearly "Earth Hour." That's where you're supposed to turn off everything and sit in your cold, dark houses from 8:30 PM until 9:30 PM.

Very sorry, but I won't be celebrating along with you. I have a couple gallons of used motor oil and two tires with which we're gonna have a big ol, bonfire outside.
"(CNN) — Don’t be surprised if you find your neighbors turning off their lights for a full hour Saturday night. They’re taking part in a global movement called Earth Hour.

Earth Hour is an annual tradition in which people switch off their lights to spread awareness about sustainability and climate change. Started by the World Wildlife Fund, it takes place this year on March 30, from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. local time. (And it’s not to be confused with Earth Day, which is April 22.)

The symbolic effort started in 2007 in Sydney, Australia, when the WWF encouraged 2.2 million people to turn off their lights for one hour to support action on climate change.

Since then, millions of people around the world have taken part. Landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, Sydney Opera House, the Empire State Building, Buckingham Palace, the Colosseum and Edinburgh Castle also have gone dark for an hour..."

"Very sorry, but I won't be celebrating along with you. I have a couple gallons of used motor oil and two tires with which we're gonna have a big ol, bonfire outside."

I respect your right to not turn off any devices but when you PURPOSELY TRASH the planet ......

I won't be turning my tv off tonight and i will NOT be burning fkn tires, either.

At least TRY to be a decent person.

"Very sorry, but I won't be celebrating along with you. I have a couple gallons of used motor oil and two tires with which we're gonna have a big ol, bonfire outside."

I respect your right to not turn off any devices but when you PURPOSELY TRASH the planet ......

I won't be turning my tv off tonight and i will NOT be burning fkn tires, either.

Just for that, I might burn a circuit board in your honor. :coffee:

I'll take that as an attempt at humor but anyone who thinks POISONING the water or air is funny just to spite liberals is a bit of an arse.

Go ahead and keep all of your devices on!

just don't PURPOSELY POISON the fkn air.

Conservatives call poisoning the planet making America great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is it "indecent" to burn shit? I guess I could take them to the township dump and throw them in the dumpster with all those old car batteries I have.

But it's more fun to burn them. I just cleaned out my burn barrel today. Anything that burns goes in there: Paper, plastic, wood scraps, and sometimes old ammunition and Li-Ion batteries. It's neat when they pop and make sparks go all over the place. But those tires won't fit in it.

Hell, the EPA would shut me down if they knew what happened last year: I was casting some bullets out in the driveway and accidentally spilled 10 pounds of molten lead in the driveways. That stuff went all over the place.

We're joking, dullard.

We're joking, dullard.

I wasn't joking. I'm serial.

Hell, we're all gonna die in 12 years, so what's the diff? :biggrin:

I'm going to use the hour of darkness to covertly dump all my used motor oil into the gutter in front of the house.

We're joking, dullard.

Highly unlikely, conservative scum.

LOL, that's just wrong :)

I'll take that as an attempt at humor but anyone who thinks POISONING the water or air is funny just to spite liberals is a bit of an arse.

Go ahead and keep all of your devices on!

just don't PURPOSELY POISON the fkn air.

What do you think the government actually does, dumbass?

Time zone anyone?

EST here. It's not cold, it's about 82.

Time zone anyone?

Between 8:30 PM and 9:30 PM.

Or you could just wait until the pandas show up. :laughing0301:

Earth-hour-2019-1107664.jpg

Forum List

Back