The word "racism" is overused these days

I see that every day on this board.

Is that true ?

Or do we see it used a lot because there is a lot of racism ?

I tend to think that the former is true and the term is used a lot because there is a lot of racism about.

Its pretty shitty to oppress people because of their colour or religion. Most of us will agree on that.
We’ve never had a president who comes right out and says some Mexicans don’t rape and a Mexican can’t be a good judge and calls a Hispanic Miss universe “Mrs. housekeeping“.
And it’s been a long time since we’ve had unarmed black children being shot by the police and put on such public display.
I can’t remember a president doing fake Japanese accents and fake Spanish accents at his rallies.
We’ve never had a president lie this much on a daily basis.
And it’s been along time since we had a party, like the Republican Party, run Nazis and KKK during the midterms across the country.
And the Nazis and the KKK did terrible during the mid terms. Completely rejected by the United States except for a couple like Steve King.

Is that true ?

I tend to think that the former is true and the term is used a lot because there is a lot of racism about.

Its pretty shitty to oppress people because of their colour or religion. Most of us will agree on that.

Errr I think your former and your latter are the same thing......

And it gets overused. People are rather numb to it. It started with Obama. Unless you agreed with everything he said, did, or wanted to do, you were instantly labeled a racist by someone or the other on the interwebz. As an anti-DNC Green Party progressive I couldn't tell you how many times I have experienced this nonsense. I was even banned from an allegedly progressive site for criticizing the DNC from the left because that was perceived as me really being a conservative by the brain dead moderators (including r/progressive at reddit). The DNC in the US is a center right party by any global standard, but Lord forbid you call them out on sucking Wall Streets teets or other appendages. That, my friend, is racist here in the good old US of A.

The left is a totalitarian movement; it always has been.

Black folks don't like dogs, and k9's are a symbol of our racist heritage of police oppression. You are probably on their list.....

The word is not overused. The racist behavior is. And blacks like dogs.

you see racism in the patterns your breakfast cereal makes in the milk.

Is that true ?
Tommy, racism is the belief that you are superior to someone else because of your race, or that they are inferior. You don't have to actually oppress anyone, just believe it. To a certain extent, it is a little natural to think you're better than someone else or can do better. It's called PRIDE. It is a natural self-defense mechanism that protects the ego.

But I see you come on here everyday (USMB, an American site) using the internet (an American conveyance invention) to tell us how much Americans suck! But I've not yet once ever seen you come on here railing about the Queen, or Brits or England. So yes, that makes you a racist.
But thinking it translates into acting upon it. And this affects employment,housing, public policy and personal relationships. Its toxic.
Bullshit. Have you done a case study to prove that? Every thought in your head does not translate into action. Belief in one's superiority is not toxic, it merely bolsters confidence. If I'm a track athlete in the Olympics and I believe I am superior there, it may bolster my performance to excel, but not necessary cause me to discriminate against others in matters of employment or housing.

You are conflating two separate things. Muslims may believe they are superior because Allah or Mohammad is the greatest cause, but that does not necessarily mean they will go out and join ISIS or fly a plane into a building, fool. Taking one's inner views and beliefs to the extreme and then acting upon them to discriminate against others in a harmful way is the point and quite a different matter from just thinking you are better.

Let me know the next time you start a thread railing on the faults, failings and evils of the UK and the British Empire and I'll take you off the Racist List.
I am no fan of the Empire or the british establishment.

Hoo Boy! That's really ripping into the British, isn't it?! :rolleyes:

Better send the Queen to the burn unit.

Now start a thread and tell us exactly how bad the UK really is! Don't hold back, Tom!

Is that true ?

We’ve never had a president who comes right out and says some Mexicans don’t rape and a Mexican can’t be a good judge and calls a Hispanic Miss universe “Mrs. housekeeping“.
And it’s been a long time since we’ve had unarmed black children being shot by the police and put on such public display.
I can’t remember a president doing fake Japanese accents and fake Spanish accents at his rallies.
We’ve never had a president lie this much on a daily basis.
And it’s been along time since we had a party, like the Republican Party, run Nazis and KKK during the midterms across the country.
And the Nazis and the KKK did terrible during the mid terms. Completely rejected by the United States except for a couple like Steve King.
He does set the bar very low. But him and the brexit trash in the UK are just stoking the fire. It has always been there. Putin,Trump,Johnson,Salvini, Orban et al are helping to stall civilisation.

Is that true ?

And it gets overused. People are rather numb to it. It started with Obama. Unless you agreed with everything he said, did, or wanted to do, you were instantly labeled a racist by someone or the other on the interwebz. As an anti-DNC Green Party progressive I couldn't tell you how many times I have experienced this nonsense. I was even banned from an allegedly progressive site for criticizing the DNC from the left because that was perceived as me really being a conservative by the brain dead moderators (including r/progressive at reddit). The DNC in the US is a center right party by any global standard, but Lord forbid you call them out on sucking Wall Streets teets or other appendages. That, my friend, is racist here in the good old US of A.

Black folks don't like dogs, and k9's are a symbol of our racist heritage of police oppression. You are probably on their list.....

I knew that you would turn up.

Is that true ?
Tommy, racism is the belief that you are superior to someone else because of your race, or that they are inferior. You don't have to actually oppress anyone, just believe it. To a certain extent, it is a little natural to think you're better than someone else or can do better. It's called PRIDE. It is a natural self-defense mechanism that protects the ego.

But I see you come on here everyday (USMB, an American site) using the internet (an American conveyance invention) to tell us how much Americans suck! But I've not yet once ever seen you come on here railing about the Queen, or Brits or England. So yes, that makes you a racist.
But thinking it translates into acting upon it. And this affects employment,housing, public policy and personal relationships. Its toxic.
Bullshit. Have you done a case study to prove that? Every thought in your head does not translate into action. Belief in one's superiority is not toxic, it merely bolsters confidence. If I'm a track athlete in the Olympics and I believe I am superior there, it may bolster my performance to excel, but not necessary cause me to discriminate against others in matters of employment or housing.

You are conflating two separate things. Muslims may believe they are superior because Allah or Mohammad is the greatest cause, but that does not necessarily mean they will go out and join ISIS or fly a plane into a building, fool. Taking one's inner views and beliefs to the extreme and then acting upon them to discriminate against others in a harmful way is the point and quite a different matter from just thinking you are better.

Let me know the next time you start a thread railing on the faults, failings and evils of the UK and the British Empire and I'll take you off the Racist List.
I am no fan of the Empire or the british establishment.

Hoo Boy! That's really ripping into the British, isn't it?! :rolleyes:

Better send the Queen to the burn unit.

Now start a thread and tell us exactly how bad the UK really is! Don't hold back, Tom!

You made up a racist list with no racists.

He does set the bar very low. But him and the brexit trash in the UK are just stoking the fire.

Hey, does it ever bother you, that people like YOU are why the cops were afraid to shut down the rape ring in Rotherham, and let hundreds if not thousands of MORE white girls be raped, and tortured and enslaved?

Hey, does it ever bother you, that people like YOU are why the cops were afraid to shut down the rape ring in Rotherham, and let hundreds if not thousands of MORE white girls be raped, and tortured and enslaved?
Oh dear. You are struggling arent you klan boy.?

Racism is not exclusive to white people, Christians, or any other group. I was born white. I had no choice in my skin color and see no need or point in apologizing for something I have no control over. I do have a choice in how I treat and think about people who are different from me in any way. Am I sorry that certain races, religions and groups of people are treated as "less than" openly and behind closed doors? Absolutely! Do I do my best everyday to treat and see people as they are without being influenced by their color or the religion they practice? I do! Am I always successful? Absolutely not! I am a human being. I'm not perfect. I'm not always right. But, I have the ability to choose my course and path every single day. I have the ability to change and grow as a human being. Racism is divisive, unproductive and is a path that leads to nowhere. It doesn't matter if it's racism being expressed against white people by non-white people or non-white people against white people. It's still racism. We can't change the past. We can't change other people. We can change the future. We can change ourselves. Isn't it time?

Racism is not exclusive to white people, Christians, or any other group. I was born white. I had no choice in my skin color and see no need or point in apologizing for something I have no control over. I do have a choice in how I treat and think about people who are different from me in any way. Am I sorry that certain races, religions and groups of people are treated as "less than" openly and behind closed doors? Absolutely! Do I do my best everyday to treat and see people as they are without being influenced by their color or the religion they practice? I do! Am I always successful? Absolutely not! I am a human being. I'm not perfect. I'm not always right. But, I have the ability to choose my course and path every single day. I have the ability to change and grow as a human being. Racism is divisive, unproductive and is a path that leads to nowhere. It doesn't matter if it's racism being expressed against white people by non-white people or non-white people against white people. It's still racism. We can't change the past. We can't change other people. We can change the future. We can change ourselves. Isn't it time?
You have benefited from a system of white racial preference. Provide me an example of racism against white people in public policy done by people of color in America.

Oh dear. You are struggling arent you klan boy.?

See, I never said anything that would support that slur, but you do support the "witch hunt" mentality that led to the the cops being afraid to shut down the rape rings.

That is the difference between us, I speak the truth in pursuit of more truth, and you lie in support of, you won't admit what.

Forum List

Back