The Woods Fund (Obama and Ayres)

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
First the stale version to give you the absolute facts:

Woods Fund of Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fund describes itself as "a grantmaking foundation whose goal is to increase opportunities for less advantaged people and communities in the metropolitan area, including the opportunity to shape decisions affecting them. The foundation works primarily as a funding partner with nonprofit organizations. Woods supports nonprofits in their important roles of engaging people in civic life, addressing the causes of poverty and other challenges facing the region, promoting more effective public policies, reducing racism and other barriers to equal opportunity, and building a sense of community and common ground."

Now their version:

Woods Fund Chicago - Giving Voice to Less-Advantaged People & Communities

Woods Fund of Chicago is a grantmaking foundation whose goal is to increase opportunities for less-advantaged people and communities in the metropolitan area, including the opportunity to shape decisions affecting them.

Again from Wikipedia:

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He [Obama] served from 1993 to 2002 on the board of directors of the Woods Fund of Chicago, which in 1985 had been the first foundation to fund the Developing Communities Project.

Now, I ask you, folks, is this the kind of guy who you want as your President? A guy that serves on boards that are created to help dis-advantaged people? A guy who cares about people who are poor, homeless and sick? A man who thinks that these people need our help, attention and support?

Yes, he did indeed serve on this board with William Ayres and Rashid Khalidi. I've already spoken about Rashid Khalidi and how he's not a bad person, but actually someone who makes sense with his views on the Palestinian problem, that they should support themselves, put down their weapons and help themselves. That's not controversial, in fact, the middle east problem would be relatively solved if Fatah and Hamas actually listened to this guy. He was never a member of the PLO and his "sympathies" with the PLO are mis-construed. He sympathizes with Palestinians, meaning they are in horrible conditions and he wishes they weren't in horrible conditions. Since he's Palestinian, this makes sense. But he does not condone terrorism.

Now, about that William Ayres.... I'm going to talk about him in my next post. But, the fact of the matter is, all three of these people are on a board together that are trying to help the poor and dis-advantaged, thus trying to solve poverty. This board was created by a former ambassador to President Reagan, Walter Annenberg. Walter Annenberg became a multi-billionaire in the publishing industry and later sold his businsess to Rupert Murdoch, who controls FoxNews, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post.

Walter Annenberg, who is very Jewish invited Rashid Khalidi, William Ayres and Barack Obama among others to be on this board to help dis-advanted men, women and children living in the south side of Chicago.

I'm going to ask you people one more time. Is this the kind of man who you want to lead our country? A man who tries to help the dis-advantaged and the most vulnerable?

Who was it that said "And the truest measure of any society is how it treats those who are most vulnerable."

Oh right. Sarah Palin did.

First the stale version to give you the absolute facts:

Woods Fund of Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fund describes itself as "a grantmaking foundation whose goal is to increase opportunities for less advantaged people and communities in the metropolitan area, including the opportunity to shape decisions affecting them. The foundation works primarily as a funding partner with nonprofit organizations. Woods supports nonprofits in their important roles of engaging people in civic life, addressing the causes of poverty and other challenges facing the region, promoting more effective public policies, reducing racism and other barriers to equal opportunity, and building a sense of community and common ground."

Now their version:

Woods Fund Chicago - Giving Voice to Less-Advantaged People & Communities

Woods Fund of Chicago is a grantmaking foundation whose goal is to increase opportunities for less-advantaged people and communities in the metropolitan area, including the opportunity to shape decisions affecting them.

Again from Wikipedia:

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He [Obama] served from 1993 to 2002 on the board of directors of the Woods Fund of Chicago, which in 1985 had been the first foundation to fund the Developing Communities Project.

Now, I ask you, folks, is this the kind of guy who you want as your President? A guy that serves on boards that are created to help dis-advantaged people? A guy who cares about people who are poor, homeless and sick? A man who thinks that these people need our help, attention and support?

Yes, he did indeed serve on this board with William Ayres and Rashid Khalidi. I've already spoken about Rashid Khalidi and how he's not a bad person, but actually someone who makes sense with his views on the Palestinian problem, that they should support themselves, put down their weapons and help themselves. That's not controversial, in fact, the middle east problem would be relatively solved if Fatah and Hamas actually listened to this guy. He was never a member of the PLO and his "sympathies" with the PLO are mis-construed. He sympathizes with Palestinians, meaning they are in horrible conditions and he wishes they weren't in horrible conditions. Since he's Palestinian, this makes sense. But he does not condone terrorism.

Now, about that William Ayres.... I'm going to talk about him in my next post. But, the fact of the matter is, all three of these people are on a board together that are trying to help the poor and dis-advantaged, thus trying to solve poverty. This board was created by a former ambassador to President Reagan, Walter Annenberg. Walter Annenberg became a multi-billionaire in the publishing industry and later sold his businsess to Rupert Murdoch, who controls FoxNews, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post.

Walter Annenberg, who is very Jewish invited Rashid Khalidi, William Ayres and Barack Obama among others to be on this board to help dis-advanted men, women and children living in the south side of Chicago.

I'm going to ask you people one more time. Is this the kind of man who you want to lead our country? A man who tries to help the dis-advantaged and the most vulnerable?

Who was it that said "And the truest measure of any society is how it treats those who are most vulnerable."

Oh right. Sarah Palin did.
Who asked Khalid to be on the board? You claim Annenberg? Please link that. Money provided? yes. Oversight? Yes. Appointment of Khalid? I don't think so. Just as it was not Annenberg that appointed Obama. Ayers applied and his proposal was approved by the Foundation. It seems shocking to you all that a Foundation established by a conservative didn't use partisanship in granting monies for proposals.

Annenberg had oversight, even according to you. Sorry, I can't pile through their annual reports over the past 20 years and unfortunately, Annenberg is dead.

LOL! Thanks for proving my point. He wasn't the one providing oversight or anything else. The folks running the foundation are more than likely bi-partisan, more heavily to the left, as they are coming from education backgrounds.

Good for you, I like some honesty in debate. :clap2:

Forum List

Back