The 'Wisdom' of Reagan

Why do you refuse to answer the question? Which of his contradictory positions do you applaud?

many of the quotes in the OP seem silly now because they are based on science of his time. are you going to dismiss scientists throughout history because their theories were later proven wrong using technology unavailable during his/her time? there is stuff you can bash Reagen on, but doing it based on his understanding of science (which was in line with the thinking of his time) is pretty lame.

☭proletarian☭;1841974 said:
Reagan TOLD THE TRUTH about who he was and WHERE he stood. Obama LIED and it reflects in Obama's POLLS.
"I favor the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and it must be enforced at the point of a bayonet, if necessary."
--Ronald Reagan, Los Angeles Times, October 20, 1965

"I would have voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964."
--Ronald Reagan, Los Angeles Times, June 17, 1966

" Once you have mastered sincerity. . .you've got it made."

:eusa_whistle:

And REAGAN was correct. And IN his defying of it? WE see the results of IT to this day, and it remains strongly with us with the BREAKDOWN of the Black Family whom have come to DEPEND upon Government and HANDOUTS more than they do their own strengths AS Americans in their own right.

I applaud Reagan for his stance.:clap2:

do you even know what the civil rights act was about?

☭proletarian☭;1841974 said:
"I favor the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and it must be enforced at the point of a bayonet, if necessary."

:eusa_whistle:

And REAGAN was correct. And IN his defying of it? WE see the results of IT to this day, and it remains strongly with us with the BREAKDOWN of the Black Family whom have come to DEPEND upon Government and HANDOUTS more than they do their own strengths AS Americans in their own right.

I applaud Reagan for his stance.:clap2:

do you even know what the civil rights act was about?

I LIVED through it. NOW? If you will be so KIND as to EXIT the discussion?

many of the quotes in the OP seem silly now because they are based on science of his time. are you going to dismiss scientists throughout history because their theories were later proven wrong using technology unavailable during his/her time? there is stuff you can bash Reagen on, but doing it based on his understanding of science (which was in line with the thinking of his time) is pretty lame.

You may again? EXIT the discussion. *YOU* cannot spell his name correctly.

Damn. Righty's, comments?

I think I will use it as a signature for while. Damn, just damn.

cough cough Grand Kleagel Byrd and Gore Sr cough cough

of course, and IF you wanna PUSH IT farther? GO BACK to the Time of the Lincoln asassination, and the Resistance -OF- Democrats, and their treatment of BLACKS that resulted IN the KKK?

Yep Folks...the KKK was a manufactured resonse of DEMOCRATS of the time...

"I'll take WHOM were the 'RADICAL REPUBLICANS' of the latter 1860's for $1000 Alex..."to prove my point...

Stay on topic, lets talk about Ronnie and his thoughts on the civil rights issues since this thread is about him.

When you say you think he is the greatest president ever, remember what he said about this and so many other things.

It says a lot about republicans. It really does.

Damn. Righty's, comments?

I think I will use it as a signature for while. Damn, just damn.

It was ONLY because it WAS NEVER NEEDED...but don't let that desuade you any. YOU read more into it than need be Zona.

But then you DemocRATS succeed in keeping them ON the plantation anyway, and were the catalylst for the breakup OF the BLACK family, and others through Government imposed slavery.

you are turning this around from RR saying he would have voted against it, to blacks being treated badly by dems.

Wow. My neck hurts from turning around so fast. nice try.

Go Obama. God bless America. We won last November and certain people really are starting to lose it. The more they post, the sillier they look.

Thank God Reagan and his type are no where near the white house. :)

☭proletarian☭;1841256 said:
"Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do." -- Ronald Reagan, 1981

"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself."

"A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?"
--Ronald Reagan (Governor of California), quoted in the Sacramento Bee, opposing expansion of Redwood National Park, March 3, 1966

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk."
--Ronald Reagan (Republican candidate for president), quoted in the Burlington (Vermont) Free Press, February 15, 1980.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation. So let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards for man-made sources."
--Ronald Reagan, quoted in Sierra, September 10, 1980

"It's silly talking about how many years we will have to spend in the jungles of Vietnam when we could pave the whole country and put parking stripes on it and still be home by Christmas."
--Ronald Reagan (candidate for Governor of California), interviewed in the Fresno Bee, October 10, 1965

Government does not tax to get the money it needs; government always finds a need for the money it gets.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iShCXx_xZDQ 9:05)

"...the moral equal of our Founding Fathers."
--President Reagan, describing the Nicaraguan contras, March 1, 1985

"If there has to be a bloodbath then let's get it over with."
--Ronald Reagan (Governor of California), quoted in the San Francisco Chronicle, May 15, 1969. (Reagan reveals how he intends to deal with student protesters at the University of California, Berkeley.)

"We were told four years ago that 17 million people went to bed hungry every night. Well, that was probably true. They were all on a diet."
--Ronald Reagan, TV speech, October 27, 1964

"Well, I learned a lot....I went down to (Latin America) to find out from them and (learn) their views. You'd be surprised. They're all individual countries"

"We are trying to get unemployment to go up, and I think we're going to succeed."

"It would be a user fee."
Reagan explaining that his proposed
five-cent-a-gallon gasoline tax would not
be a Tax at all."
11/11/1982

Yup, Reagan was quite the kidder. One can only imagine the backlash if Obama had said some of those things.

☭proletarian☭;1841966 said:
Whattya THINK it means? Reagan was STRONG in his TRUST and admiration of the people to do the right thing. They answered him resoundingly.
Because he won the vote?

Then the same goes for Obama

Reagan TOLD THE TRUTH about who he was and WHERE he stood. Obama LIED and it reflects in Obama's POLLS.

OH, well that certainly clarifies things. :lol:

The T said:
I concur with the premise of your statement and NOT that of the OP...whom is sorely mistaken. Reagan told us who he was early on which is why I posted the video of his address in 1964.

Just like Obama told us who he is early on at the 2004 Democratic convention.

The T said:
I concur with the premise of your statement and NOT that of the OP...whom is sorely mistaken. Reagan told us who he was early on which is why I posted the video of his address in 1964.

And he lied. Just like he lied during the campaign, promising to be a moderate.
btw, where are his school transcripts? How did get all the money he has?
Reagan had a 30 year history in public life. There were no secrets, nor did he change much. Go look at speeches from the 1960s and compare those with what he said 20 years later. Not much change.
Obama's positions change every day.

The T said:

And he lied. Just like he lied during the campaign, promising to be a moderate.
btw, where are his school transcripts? How did get all the money he has?
Reagan had a 30 year history in public life. There were no secrets, nor did he change much. Go look at speeches from the 1960s and compare those with what he said 20 years later. Not much change.
Obama's positions change every day.

And i saw a copy of Reagan's birth certificate, his high school transcripts and his bank statements. You see, we ask this of every president as of 2008. :)

oh and dont forget, take a look at my sig.

Forum List

Back