The Wisconsin 'Poison Pill"

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The Dick Morris Poll, to be published at least once a month, will use the traditional polling method of telephone calls to registered voters. On occasion, internet polls will be done of a carefully drawn random sample of likely voters – in order to avoid the bias of relying only on those participants with a political predisposition.

The initial poll is the first published poll of voters conducted within the state of Wisconsin and was completed on Monday, February 21, 2011 and Tuesday, February 22, 2011.

WISCONSIN POLL RESULTS

• By 74-18, they back making state employees pay more for their health insurance.
• By 79-16, they support asking state workers contribute more toward their pensions.
• By 54-34, Wisconsin voters support ending the automatic deduction of union dues from state paychecks and support making unions collect dues from each member.
• By 66-30, they back limiting state workers' pay increases to the rate of inflation unless voters approve a higher raise by a public referendum.
THE DICK MORRIS POLL ON WISCONSIN at DickMorris.com

I sympathize with the public sector workers when it involves collective bargaining...there is no reason to remove same, as it remains for elected public officials to agree or decline in negotiations...they have the final say, as these folks cannot strike.

But no one seems to notice a more important death potion for unions...item #3 above...
if this goes through, it will end public sector unions!

Why?

Human nature...I predict that workers will not voluntarily send in the the hundreds or thousands of dollars in union dues.

So, wadda ya think?

They will pay their dues if they truly feel the union is necessary for them. If it turns out no then so be it.

Why?

Human nature...I predict that workers will not voluntarily send in the the hundreds or thousands of dollars in union dues.

So, wadda ya think?

I haven't gone into the technical details of the law, but it appears to bar payroll deduction of dues even for voluntary members which I think goes to far.

I work for a school system in Virginia, we are a right to work state. However we still allow (in my school system) payroll deduction of union dues. The deduction is fully voluntary. I don't have an issue with that.

I'm totally against though forced dues deduction for those that don't want to join the union.

>>>>

Why?

So, wadda ya think?

I haven't gone into the technical details of the law, but it appears to bar payroll deduction of dues even for voluntary members which I think goes to far.

I work for a school system in Virginia, we are a right to work state. However we still allow (in my school system) payroll deduction of union dues. The deduction is fully voluntary. I don't have an issue with that.

I'm totally against though forced dues deduction for those that don't want to join the union.

>>>>

In NYC, one of the actions against public unions that strike is the loss of 'check-off,' the automatic deduction of union dues....and the unions shudder at the thought!

They know that folks will 'forget' to send in their dues.
Hard to imagine that the Wisconsin unions have rallied against collective bargaining, but have not mentioned this aspect of the bill.

The Dick Morris Poll, to be published at least once a month, will use the traditional polling method of telephone calls to registered voters. On occasion, internet polls will be done of a carefully drawn random sample of likely voters – in order to avoid the bias of relying only on those participants with a political predisposition.

The initial poll is the first published poll of voters conducted within the state of Wisconsin and was completed on Monday, February 21, 2011 and Tuesday, February 22, 2011.

WISCONSIN POLL RESULTS

• By 74-18, they back making state employees pay more for their health insurance.
• By 79-16, they support asking state workers contribute more toward their pensions.
• By 54-34, Wisconsin voters support ending the automatic deduction of union dues from state paychecks and support making unions collect dues from each member.
• By 66-30, they back limiting state workers' pay increases to the rate of inflation unless voters approve a higher raise by a public referendum.

I sympathize with the public sector workers when it involves collective bargaining...there is no reason to remove same, as it remains for elected public officials to agree or decline in negotiations...they have the final say, as these folks cannot strike.

But no one seems to notice a more important death potion for unions...item #3 above...

Why?

So, wadda ya think?

If you truly believe that eliminating #3 will destroy unions, then the workers don't value membership in such unions in the first place.

I think the sooner we get rid of the blood-sucking goobers running AFSCME, AFT & NEA, the better.

Don't forget SEIU. They purple shirted ones are the most violent thugs around.

I think the sooner we get rid of the blood-sucking goobers running AFSCME, AFT & NEA, the better.

Don't forget SEIU. They purple shirted ones are the most violent thugs around.
Thuggish vampires as they may be, SEIU doesn't have their thumb in the public till.

They do in CA; they're actually the biggest public employee union in the state. They've also been working on taking over the CALPERS board.

Last edited:

WISCONSIN POLL RESULTS

Why?

So, wadda ya think?

Other Unions do not rely on the state to collect dues, so public wokers can do that themselves.

Yea someone's a thuggish vampire alright.

The share of total income going to the top 1 percent of earners, which stood at 8.9 percent in 1976, rose to 23.5 percent by 2007, but during the same period, the average inflation-adjusted hourly wage declined by more than 7 percent.

•By Indiana and federal law, no worker can be required to join a labor union as a condition of her employment. However, since the union representatives are the ones who negotiate the benefits and wages for the employees in collective bargaining agreements, all employees at that job can be required to pay union dues equal to the operating costs required for the union to function. Additional dues, such as monies collected for the sake of political donations and activism, cannot be required from employees by law. So an employee can choose to not be a union member, but some of his wages still go to the union to cover expenses. Those dues are less than what full union members pay in dues because the additional funds are used in ways that the nonmember legally does not have to fund.

Indiana Union Labor Laws | eHow.com

However he will have no say in the negotiations.

Last edited:

The share of total income going to the top 1 percent of earners, which stood at 8.9 percent in 1976, rose to 23.5 percent by 2007, but during the same period, the average inflation-adjusted hourly wage declined by more than 7 percent.
Non sequitur and irrelevant to the topic.

It's relevant overall to what the hell is going on in the Country.

You'll be the first to point to the economy and cry about how fucked we all are, yet the first to cry baby about taxes on the Rich.........while ignoring the fact that the Economy is propped up by the middle class spending money....and ignoring that the money..to spend in the first place....is leaving the middle class and being sucked upward.

If you think that's a good thing, I'd love to hear about it, but pardon if I never give a fuck about taxes on the upper 2% being raised, because frankly, the more money they've sucked up the more influence they gotten to suck MORE up, and THAT'S a huge reason that this country is coming to a cliff.

G.T. doesn't grok that the pie is not static.

Just sayin'.

Non sequitur and irrelevant to the topic.

It's relevant overall to what the hell is going on in the Country.....
No, it's not...It's just more of the same old stale standard boilerplate Fabian sniveling, that y'all have been mewling about ever since Christ was an altar boy.

Last edited:
It's actually all truth...you can look at income distributions in charts with date ranges all over the net if you felt like it.....but calling names and snubbing your nose at it makes everything go away into the back of the mind.

Yes yes, higher taxes on the rich are the reason they're not hiring.....nothing to do with the fact that their income is about 400X the average guy as opposed to 50 or so which used to be the average. It's all got nothing to do with each other. Y'all are probably right.

The Poor in the U.S. live better than the middle class in most of the rest of the world.

Forum List

Back