The whole Isaac Thing

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
Look, I'm just tired of accepting at face value all the platitudes all our so called allies tell us to our face. Only to find out that they harbor hatred for us and feel we're evil. I don't know if Isaac defends us to these types. That's why I asked.

Maybe today was the wrong day.

rtwngAvngr said:
Look, I'm just tired of accepting at face value all the platitudes all our so called allies tell us to our face. Only to find out that they harbor hatred for us and feel we're evil. I don't know if Isaac defends us to these types. That's why I asked.

Maybe today was the wrong day.

Generally Isaac seems pretty reasonable to me. He is no more responsible for the Canadian lunatic fringe than you or I are for Moveon.org.

I know that today is an especially tough day to accept viewpoints differing from our own in regard to terrorism or to our response to it. Despite the disagreement on Iraq, keep in mind that our Canadian allies are supporting our efforts in Afghanistan and continue to do so despite a tragic fratricide incident which took the lives of several Canadian soldiers.

Granted, many Canadian teenagers obviously have a stupid, poorly thought out view of our actions. They have been spoon fed this attitude by the Canadian media which is even more liberal than our own. Consider the probable outcome if a similar poll were held of the attitudes of American teenagers. My guess is that there would be a significant percentage who believe their own country to be evil. Teenagers are, for the large part, naive, idealistic numbnuts more concerned with their hormones than with terrorists or elections. See? Who says I'm too old to remember what I was like at that age?

Forum List

Back