The Who to play at Super Bowl

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
The Who to perform at halftime during Super Bowl - ESPN

NEW YORK -- The Who will perform at halftime of the Super Bowl this season.

The NFL announced during Thursday's game between the Oakland Raiders and Dallas Cowboys that the longtime rock band known for classic hits such as "Pinball Wizard" and "Baba O'Riley" will play Feb. 7 at Dolphin Stadium in Miami.

Driven by singer Roger Daltrey and guitarist and songwriter Pete Townshend, the band's two remaining original members, The Who gained fame in the mid-1960s and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1990.

Thoughts?

Here's one...

TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME????

It's about fucking TIME the halftime show didn't lick balls.

:lol: I liked The Boss last year.

And yes, it's going to be awesome this year.

My god, if Bruce had an aneurysm and dropped dead tonight, the music industry would be better of.

I kid. But I'm not a Bruce fan whatsoever.

My god, if Bruce had an aneurysm and dropped dead tonight, the music industry would be better of.

I kid. But I'm not a Bruce fan whatsoever.

:eek: :evil:

We'll agree to disagree. The only question I have for this show now is what great hits they'll play.

My Generation
Baba O'Riley
Who Are You

If they have time, maybe Won't Get Fooled Again or Pinball Wizard.

I think it would be much cooler if they surprised us and brought Pearl Jam, or at least Eddie out to do Reign O'er Me with them.

I'm still holding out hope for a Neil Young halftime show! :eusa_pray:

:eek:

it's been nice knowing you, EZ.
smiley-sad0125.gif

:razz:

I'm still holding out hope for a Neil Young halftime show! :eusa_pray:

Neil would be good as PART of the Half time Super Bowl. Not leading it by himself.

I know one certain song of his would be more relevant today than when it was written:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdiCJUysIT0[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back