The White House spins—and ignores—its losing war in Iraq and Syria

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Is Obama actually trying to destroy isis or not?:dunno:

slamic-State.jpg

The anniversary of the U.S. war against the Islamic State passed with little notice. It wasAugust 7 of last year that President Obama authorized the first airstrikes against ISIS in Iraq, a campaign he expanded a month laterto include targets in Syria. So far this month, the president has delivered remarks on the Voting Rights Act, his deal with Iran, the budget, clean energy, and Hurricane Katrina. ISIS? Not a peep.

Obama’s quiet because the war is not going well. Despite the loss of Tikrit earlier this year, the Islamic State’s western boundary is stable, and its eastern boundary now encroaches on Damascus. The president’s air campaign is one of the most limited and desultory America has fought in decades—ranking last in daily averages of strike sorties and bombs dropped. In late July, when the Turks permitted America the use of their air bases to launch attacks on ISIS, a “senior administration official” told the New York Times that the decision was “a game changer.” In the ensuing days the number of airstrikes in Syria actually fel
l.

The growing number of U.S. advisers—there are now more than 3,300 American military personnel in Iraq—has been unable to repair the damage wrought on the Iraqi Army by sectarian and political purges after our 2011 withdrawal. Even as the administration brags about killing more than 10,000 ISIS terrorists, a number that strains credulity, the Caliphate has become more deeply entrenched in its territory, and inspires attacks abroad.

Obama’s Politicized Intelligence

Last edited:
One of the saddest things was watching the ISIS animals (once again, with no consequence of course) blowing up that ancient temple in Palmira they are standing in front of. They are constantly proving to the world what a filthy, intolerant, barbaric faith Islam truly is.

"The White House spins—and ignores—its losing war in Iraq and Syria"

Wrong.

The failed, illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan – as well as their long-term consequences – are now and will forever be the sole responsibility of GWB, regardless the current administration, democratic or republican.

Is the US "at war" with ISIS? No, I do not believe it is. The United States has provided military assistance to Iraq, which is dealing with a militant invasion from a terrorist organization. This is not out fight, it is Iraq's fight.

Wrong.

The failed, illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan – as well as their long-term consequences – are now and will forever be the sole responsibility of GWB, regardless the current administration, democratic or republican.
How predictable. Blame Bush. :lol:

Wrong.

So Obama lied? We are not going to destroy isis?:wtf:

Is the US "at war" with ISIS? No, I do not believe it is. The United States has provided military assistance to Iraq, which is dealing with a militant invasion from a terrorist organization. This is not out fight, it is Iraq's fight.
No, we're not. Obama is just pretending to be when in fact he is helping them in any way he can.

No, we're not. Obama is just pretending to be when in fact he is helping them in any way he can.

No, he's not doing that either. But you're just as stupid as Obama himself, so it's no wonder you can't figure it out.

Iraq was lost before it was started. An unnecessary war that would never have ended well...

So Obama is not going to "degrade and destroy isis?"
ISIS is a idea, buried deep within Islam. Ideas aren't defeated by guns, only better ideas...

So you think Obama lied too?:eusa_think:
I'd have to hear what he said, and I don't honestly care. I was tracking the Taliban and co. long before most people had ever heard of them. They aren't going anywhere, bombs or no bombs, wars or no wars...

No, he's not doing that either. But you're just as stupid as Obama himself, so it's no wonder you can't figure it out.
Um, yeah, he is.

Iraq was lost before it was started. An unnecessary war that would never have ended well...

ISIS is a idea, buried deep within Islam. Ideas aren't defeated by guns, only better ideas...

I'd have to hear what he said, and I don't honestly care. I was tracking the Taliban and co. long before most people had ever heard of them. They aren't going anywhere, bombs or no bombs, wars or no wars...

He lied right?

He lied right?

Not based on that. Just politics as usual. His statements could mean a war of a 100 years, and we'd still lose since ISIS cannot be defeated with bombs, only liberalism...

He lied right?

Not based on that. Just politics as usual. His statements could mean a war of a 100 years, and we'd still lose since ISIS cannot be defeated with bombs, only liberalism...

Thank you, he said that for purely political reasons, which means he's a liar:thup:

Sez you.

He lied right?

Thank you, he said that for purely political reasons, which means he's a liar:thup:

Not at all. He's fighting them. For all I know he believes he can win, but he can't. He can't say America can't win now can he?

Forum List

Back