The White House Condemned the Release of the Lockerbie bomber.

any time I see the words 'secret document obtained by...' in an article, without an actual copy of said document, I am skeptical.

Is it possible such a document existed or exists? Certainly.

Is it plausible? Yes.

Is it possible that Obama did not initially condemn the release of the bomber? I suppose.

However, in the absence of any clear proof otherwise, I'd really have to say that the stories about Obama pushing for the bombers release or arguing for compassionate release or whatever... are just that. stories.

Happy now Sallow?
Any time I see CON$ claim that a document is secret, Either the document doesn't exist, or the document does exist and contradicts what the CON$ claim.

In this case the document, which was actually made public, said that if the Scots insisted on releasing the Lockerbie bomber than the US demanded that an independent medical exam be done, and that al-Megrahi remained in Scotland under house arrest, rather than being sent home to Libya to a hero’s welcome.

Lebaron Letter
-- If a decision were made by Scotland to grant conditional release, two conditions would be very important to the United States and would partially mitigate the concerns of the American victims' families. First, any such release should only come after the results of independent and comprehensive medical exams clearly establishing that Megrahi's life expectancy is less than three months. The results of these exams should be made available to the United States and the families of the victims of Pan Am 103. The justification of releasing Megrahi on compassionate grounds would be more severely undercut the longer he is free before his actual death.

-- Second, the United States would strongly oppose any release that would permit Megrahi to travel outside of Scotland. We believe that the welcoming reception that Megrahi might receive if he is permitted to travel abroad would be extremely inappropriate given Megrahi's conviction for a heinous crime that continues to have a deep and profound impact on so many. As such, compassionate release or bail should be conditioned on Megrahi remaining in Scotland.

-- Again, while we are not able to endorse the early release of Megrahi under any scenario, we believe that granting compassionate release or bail under the conditions described (i.e. release with a life expectancy or less than three months and with Megrahi remaining in Scotland under supervision) would mitigate a number of the strong concerns that we have expressed with respect to Megrahi’s release.

Oh look you're wrong AGAIN. Check out post #71 in this thread.

Check out post 92..and you're wrong AGAIN.

It's the same guy dumbass.:cuckoo:

I have learned my lesson, I cannot have any kind of rational discussion with you. Good luck and good bye.

Ah. So..

PredFan said:
Most of what Obama says is a lie so I wouldn't be surprised if that was a lie as well.

Isn't "re-litigating"?

In order to have a "rational" discussion with someone, first you need to address the issue and second you've got to keep away from getting personal.

You failed on both counts.

Plus it seems you live in a box somewhere deep inside a Montana mountain. With no access to media..except for this site.

You use to be semi-decent at "the other place" but dunno..that changed.

any time I see the words 'secret document obtained by...' in an article, without an actual copy of said document, I am skeptical.

Is it possible such a document existed or exists? Certainly.

Is it plausible? Yes.

Is it possible that Obama did not initially condemn the release of the bomber? I suppose.

However, in the absence of any clear proof otherwise, I'd really have to say that the stories about Obama pushing for the bombers release or arguing for compassionate release or whatever... are just that. stories.

Happy now Sallow?
Any time I see CON$ claim that a document is secret, Either the document doesn't exist, or the document does exist and contradicts what the CON$ claim.

In this case the document, which was actually made public, said that if the Scots insisted on releasing the Lockerbie bomber than the US demanded that an independent medical exam be done, and that al-Megrahi remained in Scotland under house arrest, rather than being sent home to Libya to a hero’s welcome.

Lebaron Letter
-- If a decision were made by Scotland to grant conditional release, two conditions would be very important to the United States and would partially mitigate the concerns of the American victims' families. First, any such release should only come after the results of independent and comprehensive medical exams clearly establishing that Megrahi's life expectancy is less than three months. The results of these exams should be made available to the United States and the families of the victims of Pan Am 103. The justification of releasing Megrahi on compassionate grounds would be more severely undercut the longer he is free before his actual death.

-- Second, the United States would strongly oppose any release that would permit Megrahi to travel outside of Scotland. We believe that the welcoming reception that Megrahi might receive if he is permitted to travel abroad would be extremely inappropriate given Megrahi's conviction for a heinous crime that continues to have a deep and profound impact on so many. As such, compassionate release or bail should be conditioned on Megrahi remaining in Scotland.

-- Again, while we are not able to endorse the early release of Megrahi under any scenario, we believe that granting compassionate release or bail under the conditions described (i.e. release with a life expectancy or less than three months and with Megrahi remaining in Scotland under supervision) would mitigate a number of the strong concerns that we have expressed with respect to Megrahi’s release.

Dunno why see to the need to rub anyone's face in it. Conservative made a rational post.

First one in the thread.

Gosh..give it a rest.

New Topics

Forum List

Back