The White House Condemned the Release of the Lockerbie bomber.

Read the board much?!?! There have been posts to that effect recently, all part of the concerted effort to not give Obama an ounce of credit over Libya.

One guy.

One guy =/= Conservatives

What are you complaining about? One example is all we needed to disprove your post. The problem isn't us, but your use of absolutes. Usually not a good thing, unless you like having your ass handed to you!!!

From your post:
Umm, who said that Obama approved of his release? No conservative I know said that. I remember EVERYONE condemning that stupid action.

No, if you are going to imply as the OP did that Conservative(s) believe it than you fail with only one person. You fail with two or even three. My statement that you quoted? It's absolutely true. No Conservative that I know said that.

Psst! here's your ass.

One guy.

What are you complaining about? One example is all we needed to disprove your post. The problem isn't us, but your use of absolutes. Usually not a good thing, unless you like having your ass handed to you!!!

From your post:
Umm, who said that Obama approved of his release? No conservative I know said that. I remember EVERYONE condemning that stupid action.

No, if you are going to imply as the OP did that Conservative(s) believe it than you fail with only one person. You fail with two or even three. My statement that you quoted? It's absolutely true. No Conservative that I know said that.

Psst! here's your ass.

I just sourced Rush Limbaugh's site where he said EXACTLY that.

Sucks to be delusional..don't it?

:lol:

21 posts in..and nuttin'.

Exactly, this is a failed thread.

Failed at what?

What failed was you guys in any of those threads to call that post an outright falsehood. You don't even do it here..really.

Tells ya something.

I'm stating the obvious. Your thread tries to paint all conservatives as believeing the same thing as those two people. It utterly fails in the face of logic and reason. Wht tells me something is that you have not even tried to clear it up that you didn't actually mean ALL conservatives.

Exactly, this is a failed thread.

Failed at what?

What failed was you guys in any of those threads to call that post an outright falsehood. You don't even do it here..really.

Tells ya something.

I'm stating the obvious. Your thread tries to paint all conservatives as believeing the same thing as those two people. It utterly fails in the face of logic and reason. Wht tells me something is that you have not even tried to clear it up that you didn't actually mean ALL conservatives.

You just got your ass handed to you.

Stop being a jerk about it.

Why are you reviving a dead controversy sallow? What positive for your position can come from reviving a dead issue?
Shouldn't you be posting some positive achievement? Negativity won't help you cause unless ruffling up the extremes is your goal.

Quite possibly because I am pissed about it. :eek:

:eusa_shhh:

Meh, you're just pissed. In Britain, pissed is slang for drunk. You drunk again swallow?

Read the board much?!?! There have been posts to that effect recently, all part of the concerted effort to not give Obama an ounce of credit over Libya.

One guy.

In this thread there are 2 posts that are highlighted. Additionally there are 2 articles that are sourced.

Tells ya something. :cool:

two posts, one of which contains the two articles.

two posts =/= conservatives

yeah it does tell me something. it tells me that this is a fail thread.

Negating an outright LIE is a positive thing to do, Gramps.

Its a positive thing to do whether the lie is about Obama or Bush II or whoever.

It isn't positive when you use the opinion of ONE conservative as a paintbrush to brush all conservatives with.

There are TWO in this thread. As well as articles. Your focus seems to be protecting conservatives and not correcting the falsehood.

You aren't paying attention, I already said it was a lie. I already acknowledged that Obama did not condone the release of the terrorist. I said it repeatedly. Conservatives don't need to be protected because we aren't saying what you claim we are.

Try this simple math: 2 =/= all

Negating an outright LIE is a positive thing to do, Gramps.

Its a positive thing to do whether the lie is about Obama or Bush II or whoever.

I see this as an issue that without a smoking gun can't be proven or disproven. Unless I see documented evidence ill have to give the benefit of the doubt to Obama. Just as I would to bush.

No conservative I know and no conservative I've heard has ever stated anything but the truth that this administration was just as against the release of the terrorist as we conservatives were, not Rush, Hannity, Boortz, or Levin.
One thing you can always be sure of, CON$ will always just tell more shameless lies after they are caught lying!

July 26, 2010
OBAMA: I think all of us here in the United States were surprised, disappointed, and angry about the release of the Lockerbie bomber, and my administration expressed very clearly our objections. Prior to the decision being made and subsequent to the decision being made.

RUSH: Well, that's just not true because the White House privately backed the release of the Lockerbie bomber. That's right.

Why are you reviving a dead controversy sallow? What positive for your position can come from reviving a dead issue?
Shouldn't you be posting some positive achievement? Negativity won't help you cause unless ruffling up the extremes is your goal.

Meh, you're just pissed. In Britain, pissed is slang for drunk. You drunk again swallow?

Naw Nazi Girl.

Now go do what you do best. Suck dicks for crack.

It isn't positive when you use the opinion of ONE conservative as a paintbrush to brush all conservatives with.

There are TWO in this thread. As well as articles. Your focus seems to be protecting conservatives and not correcting the falsehood.

You aren't paying attention, I already said it was a lie. I already acknowledged that Obama did not condone the release of the terrorist. I said it repeatedly. Conservatives don't need to be protected because we aren't saying what you claim we are.

Try this simple math: 2 =/= all

Where in the fucking OP does it say "all". You are truly being an asshole. Stop deflecting.

You are wrong too.

Here's your new theme song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXAU4MmMIMo]Social Distortion - I Was Wrong - YouTube[/ame]

I see this as an issue that without a smoking gun can't be proven or disproven. Unless I see documented evidence ill have to give the benefit of the doubt to Obama. Just as I would to bush.

No conservative I know and no conservative I've heard has ever stated anything but the truth that this administration was just as against the release of the terrorist as we conservatives were, not Rush, Hannity, Boortz, or Levin.

Oh gosh.

Obama Lied on Lockerbie Bomber - The Rush Limbaugh Show

RUSH: Well, that's just not true because the White House privately backed the release of the Lockerbie bomber. That's right. This is from The Australian, published today: "The US government secretly advised Scottish ministers it would be 'far preferable' to free the Lockerbie bomber than jail him in Libya. Correspondence obtained by The Sunday Times reveals the Obama administration considered compassionate release more palatable than locking up Abdel Baset al-Megrahi in a Libyan prison. The intervention, which has angered US relatives of those who died in the attack, was made by Richard LeBaron, deputy head of the US embassy in London, a week before Megrahi was freed in August last year on grounds that he had terminal cancer," from which he's apparently recovered. "The document, acquired by a well-placed US source, threatens to undermine US President Barack Obama's claim last week that all Americans were 'surprised, disappointed and angry' to learn of Megrahi's release. Scottish ministers viewed the level of US resistance to compassionate release as 'half-hearted' and a sign it would be accepted."

Right-wing media falsely claim White House "supported" release of Lockerbie bomber | Media Matters for America

I stand corrected. I personally have never heard anyone say that but I don't listen to Rush that often.

Interesting. I'll have to look into this.

any time I see the words 'secret document obtained by...' in an article, without an actual copy of said document, I am skeptical.

Is it possible such a document existed or exists? Certainly.

Is it plausible? Yes.

Is it possible that Obama did not initially condemn the release of the bomber? I suppose.

However, in the absence of any clear proof otherwise, I'd really have to say that the stories about Obama pushing for the bombers release or arguing for compassionate release or whatever... are just that. stories.

Happy now Sallow?

From your post:

Psst! here's your ass.

No, what sucks is trying to have a discussion with someone who's childish.

My statement is still true No conservative I know has ever said that Obama condoned the release of the terrorist.

You are right about Rush, but apparently you are't mature enough to understand the concept of broad brushing and how silly it makes you look.

I'm kind of new here and still learning things, one thing I just learned; don't waste time trying to have a decent debate with Sallow.

Hmm...that might explain a lot.

One thing you can always be sure of, CON$ will always just tell more shameless lies after they are caught lying!

July 26, 2010
OBAMA: I think all of us here in the United States were surprised, disappointed, and angry about the release of the Lockerbie bomber, and my administration expressed very clearly our objections. Prior to the decision being made and subsequent to the decision being made.

RUSH: Well, that's just not true because the White House privately backed the release of the Lockerbie bomber. That's right.

Where did I lie?

Psst! here's your ass.

No, what sucks is trying to have a discussion with someone who's childish.

My statement is still true No conservative I know has ever said that Obama condoned the release of the terrorist.

You are right about Rush, but apparently you are't mature enough to understand the concept of broad brushing and how silly it makes you look.

I'm kind of new here and still learning things, one thing I just learned; don't waste time trying to have a decent debate with Sallow.

No you started straight off dismissing the OP then called me a "liar".

Take your own advice.

Makes me laugh when people 'prove' their crap by linking to multiple 'sources' in the media. Really, it does. The media source 'stories' from each other. Can anyone figure out from that information why it is funny to link to a variety of sources to prove how legitimate the 'facts' are?

Truth is, no one knows what the WH said in private. But, if it pisses off drooling fools like Shallow, hell, that's good enough for me.

Forum List

Back