The WGN story on the Obama/Ayers connection liberals don't wan't you to hear

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Ninja, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Weatherman underground terrorist Bill Ayers and Obama are linked in ways that Obama and friends want to hide. So much so that it appears they are telephoning WGN Radio station trying kill the story. What's the left afraid of? I think it's very obvious.

Stanely Kurtz is interviewed on WGN Radio by Milt Rosenberg. Hear it at the website.

WGN Radio - Extension 720 Unabridged - 720 WGN - 8-27-08

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I can't wait for someone to realize how Gore plans on using Obama to make himself rich. And then there is always Gore's daddy and the Russians.

3. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    "This is a big election."

"Let's not make it about little things."

4. Inferno

Inferno boatwoman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    G Gordon Liddy & McCain. Liddy was convicted. Ayers was convicted ofa few misdmeaners. No convictions about the Weather Underground.

5. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Inferno Wrote:
    Oh, come on, now.

You can claim that Obama's relationship with Ayers doesn't matter - but Ayers himself admits his role in the bombings and admits (rather gleefully as I remember) that he should have been convicted but got off on a technicality.

To sit here and ignore Ayers own statements, hiding behind the fact that he got off because of a technicality, is silly. The man is a proud terrorist. Whether or not that should effect the Obama campaign is another debate, I can see both sides of that argument - but lets not be coy about who Ayers is and what he has done.

6. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    This is a bullshit issue that the Republicans bring up because they have nothing else on Obama.

The real problem is that I think John McCain is starting to lose it.

Read his interview in Time Magazine.

7. Inferno

Inferno boatwoman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Admission to guilt and conviction are two different things. A criminal can admit to a crime in a police station but as he or she walks into court the yahave the presumption of innocence. They are not guilty until proven so. If they are found not guilty or the case is thrown they are indeed innocent until proven guilty. That is what Bill Ayers is innocent until proven guilty. Unless that Patriot act has taken that away as well. If you have any respect for the laws of the land you must agree thats what the are.

8. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Inferno Wrote:
    I agree that Ayers is not convicted of his crimes. I agree that he should walk free - and he does.

But to sit here and claim that he did not do something that he proudly proclaims he did is just intellectually dishonest.

If a killer goes free because the prosecution blew the case it doesn't mean he isn't a killer. It means that he was not found guilty of the crime in our system. He is free to go about his life...but he is still a killer.

9. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    There are two seperate threats on this issue.

Please moderators combine them.

10. Inferno

Inferno boatwoman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I did not say Ayers did not do what he said. I am not saying he did those things either. i just stated the law and what it means to Ayers in his case.

I don't think that Ayers acted the way he should have if in fact he did do the alleged crimes. I state that no one was injured in anything that the Weather Undergrounds actions except the three of them that died in NY city.

At the time when Ayers was an activist the US was in a termoil. The wasr in Vietnam was tearing us apart. He may acted in these alleged acts out of a radical patriotism rather than hatred for the country.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

May his actions be discribed by that statement by Jefferson. What in his mind was what was neede. They warned people and got tham to safty no one was harmed.

I suggest this as a possibe mindset to the alleged actions you speak of.