The weather channel has just spent 27 minutes explaining their f--- up

Given your logic..........lol...............Kansas has tornadoes.........the dumb ass shouldn't have moved there.........why should he rebuild..................

bwahahaha

I wouldn't.............................Do tornadoes hit the same places like hurricanes do? has any tornado ever left a state without power

Tornados cover a smaller area, but are usually have much more destructive power contained in a small area. Tornados have certainly left large areas without power.

Again what tornado left a state without power

Not an equal question.

Because nothing on Earth equals the destructive power of a hurricane, not even a volcanic event if you consider the area effected

F4 tornado, 207 to 260 mph
F5 tornado, 261 to 318 mph
F6 tornado 319 to 379 mph.
How many hurricanes reach those speeds? Hurricanes do more damage only because they cover a larger area. Considering only the area that each covers, hurricanes are a weak 2nd.

Not abandon, just make it a National Park, certainly the keys are not suitable for permanent habitation, Miami is 3 feet over sea level.

New Orleans too?

No the parts of Louisiana that are below sea level are not suitable for habitation. They installed pumps to pump the water back into the ocean that is flooding the area........................

Do you see the impossibility of that?

Yes. I see the problem, but that wasn't the question. Just how many large metropolitan areas do you think we should abandon? I'm in East Texas near the Gulf, where we have all the refineries, and we flooded too. Should we all just move, including the refineries?

Here is the problem................There is an awful storm, the guard and Fema rush in to help people who lost everything. They get low cost loans that we pay for to rebuild. Then before everything is rebuilt, it happens again. Then, the guard and Fema rush in to help people who lost everything. They get low cost loans that we pay for to rebuild. Then before everything is rebuilt, it happens again. Then, the guard and Fema rush in to help people who lost everything. They get low cost loans that we pay for to rebuild. Then before everything is rebuilt, it happens again.

No joke either

Yes, it is happening lots more often than it used to. It's as if there is some kind of Climate change happening. I wonder if anybody has thought to check to see if that's what is happening. If so, we should do everything we can to slow that down.

Well, we could go to the UN and have these ionospheric heaters and weather war outlawed, that might be a start. These elites, you just can't trust them. It might have been the Russians, the Chinese, or our own Deep State, who the hell knows? :dunno:

I'm sort of the opinion that the ruling class of all these nations are in cahoots. They really don't give a shit about the little folks of any nation honestly. They're always sending us off to fight in their resource wars of profit and corruption, for lies and phony bullshit, I wouldn't put it past any of them. What do they care about human lives?

Keynesian economics tell us they believe that both war and a broken window are good for the economy, so I sure as hell wouldn't rule out our own weather weapons.

OTH if it is caused by natural warming caused by the carbon forcing due to perturbations in the Earth Orbit and the migration of the magnetic poles, then there isn't a whole hell of a lot civilization can do about it, except maybe take a page from the book of the Netherlands.

At this point, it is all about mitigation strategies. Giving over tax dollars to be wasted by the bureaucracy is absurd. Look how much is wasted on the Deep State at the Pentagon. They don't give a shit about you, and will only use your own money to enslave you.

The Netherlands is geographically a very low and flat country, with about 26% of its area and 21% of its population located below sea level, and only about 50% of its land exceeding one metre above sea level.
Netherlands - Wikipedia

New Orleans too?

No the parts of Louisiana that are below sea level are not suitable for habitation. They installed pumps to pump the water back into the ocean that is flooding the area........................

Yes. I see the problem, but that wasn't the question. Just how many large metropolitan areas do you think we should abandon? I'm in East Texas near the Gulf, where we have all the refineries, and we flooded too. Should we all just move, including the refineries?

Here is the problem................There is an awful storm, the guard and Fema rush in to help people who lost everything. They get low cost loans that we pay for to rebuild. Then before everything is rebuilt, it happens again. Then, the guard and Fema rush in to help people who lost everything. They get low cost loans that we pay for to rebuild. Then before everything is rebuilt, it happens again. Then, the guard and Fema rush in to help people who lost everything. They get low cost loans that we pay for to rebuild. Then before everything is rebuilt, it happens again.

No joke either

Yes, it is happening lots more often than it used to. It's as if there is some kind of Climate change happening. I wonder if anybody has thought to check to see if that's what is happening. If so, we should do everything we can to slow that down.

Well, we could go to the UN and have these ionospheric heaters and weather war outlawed, that might be a start. These elites, you just can't trust them. It might have been the Russians, the Chinese, or our own Deep State, who the hell knows? :dunno:

I'm sort of the opinion that the ruling class of all these nations are in cahoots. They really don't give a shit about the little folks of any nation honestly. They're always sending us off to fight in their resource wars of profit and corruption, for lies and phony bullshit, I wouldn't put it past any of them. What do they care about human lives?

Keynesian economics tell us they believe that both war and a broken window are good for the economy, so I sure as hell wouldn't rule out our own weather weapons.

OTH if it is caused by natural warming caused by the carbon forcing due to perturbations in the Earth Orbit and the migration of the magnetic poles, then there isn't a whole hell of a lot civilization can do about it, except maybe take a page from the book of the Netherlands.

At this point, it is all about mitigation strategies. Giving over tax dollars to be wasted by the bureaucracy is absurd. Look how much is wasted on the Deep State at the Pentagon. They don't give a shit about you, and will only use your own money to enslave you.

The Netherlands is geographically a very low and flat country, with about 26% of its area and 21% of its population located below sea level, and only about 50% of its land exceeding one metre above sea level.
Netherlands - Wikipedia

Oh WOW the deep state can control the weather.

3 inch storm surge......
Partisans, zero credibility.

4 to 6 feet:

Jacksonville has record flooding from Irma, and it's not high tide yet
170911-jacksonville-mn-1556_e267f01186b409f4f5413c3ad70c61f4.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

You need glasses, those women are 5 feet tall and the water is NOT UP TO THEIR KNEES

Get a grip, rain will do that, no need for a storm surge.
I know, you're just following Rush's meme on this - science bad, don't believe science.

The storm has come and gone now, I'm sure he'll be on to a new topic for you soon.

What's Rush got to do with this?

Destroyed the Carribean
Whiped out the Florida keys
Shut down the port of Miami
Ten million without power

Conservative take.......Don't pay attention to global warming
Hurricanes are not that bad

what the fuck does a hurricane have to do with global warming? Hurricanes are part of nature and we live with them.

You need glasses, those women are 5 feet tall and the water is NOT UP TO THEIR KNEES

Get a grip, rain will do that, no need for a storm surge.
I know, you're just following Rush's meme on this - science bad, don't believe science.

The storm has come and gone now, I'm sure he'll be on to a new topic for you soon.

What's Rush got to do with this?

The left must think about him all the time

Destroyed the Carribean

So there was never a hurricane before global warming....................

Was this on CNN

Given your logic..........lol...............Kansas has tornadoes.........the dumb ass shouldn't have moved there.........why should he rebuild..................

bwahahaha

I wouldn't.............................Do tornadoes hit the same places like hurricanes do? has any tornado ever left a state without power

Tornados cover a smaller area, but are usually have much more destructive power contained in a small area. Tornados have certainly left large areas without power.

Not an equal question.

Because nothing on Earth equals the destructive power of a hurricane, not even a volcanic event if you consider the area effected
Nothing? :badgrin:

Not even a volcanic event?

Are you seriously this dumb?

SERIOUSLY?

Tell the folks at Pompeii that. . . .

desktop-1426174156.jpg

Last volcanic event in the mainland 48, we got lucky, it was small . . .

884px-1980_Mount_st_helens_ash_distribution.svg.png

And there is another destructive event you forgot, thankfully the last time it happened now over one hundred years ago. However, should such an event occur over say, the Eastern Seaboard, or Continental Europe, or mainland China? The consequences would be catastrophic, not just for that locality, but for the world economy.

1748160_0_1484895508SlSta.jpg

The Tunguska event was a large explosion that occurred near the Stony Tunguska River in Yeniseysk Governorate (now Krasnoyarsk Krai), Russia, on the morning of 30 June 1908 (N.S.).[1][2] The explosion over the sparsely populated Eastern Siberian Taiga flattened 2,000 km2 (770 sq mi) of forest yet caused no known human casualties. The explosion is generally attributed to the air burst of a meteoroid. It is classified as an impact event, even though no impact crater has been found; the object is thought to have disintegrated at an altitude of 5 to 10 kilometres (3 to 6 miles) rather than hit the surface of the Earth.[3]

The Tunguska event is the largest impact event on Earth in recorded history. Studies have yielded different estimates of the meteoroid's size, on the order of 60 to 190 metres (200 to 620 feet), depending on whether the body was a comet or a denser asteroid.[4]
Tunguska event - Wikipedia

Destroyed the Carribean

Why did you pay money to use a free website, that earns millions from ad revenue?

R U stupid

Not an equal question.

Nothing? :badgrin:

Not even a volcanic event?

Are you seriously this dumb?

SERIOUSLY?

Tell the folks at Pompeii that. . . .

desktop-1426174156.jpg

Last volcanic event in the mainland 48, we got lucky, it was small . . .

884px-1980_Mount_st_helens_ash_distribution.svg.png

And there is another destructive event you forgot, thankfully the last time it happened now over one hundred years ago. However, should such an event occur over say, the Eastern Seaboard, or Continental Europe, or mainland China? The consequences would be catastrophic, not just for that locality, but for the world economy.

1748160_0_1484895508SlSta.jpg

The Tunguska event was a large explosion that occurred near the Stony Tunguska River in Yeniseysk Governorate (now Krasnoyarsk Krai), Russia, on the morning of 30 June 1908 (N.S.).[1][2] The explosion over the sparsely populated Eastern Siberian Taiga flattened 2,000 km2 (770 sq mi) of forest yet caused no known human casualties. The explosion is generally attributed to the air burst of a meteoroid. It is classified as an impact event, even though no impact crater has been found; the object is thought to have disintegrated at an altitude of 5 to 10 kilometres (3 to 6 miles) rather than hit the surface of the Earth.[3]

The Tunguska event is the largest impact event on Earth in recorded history. Studies have yielded different estimates of the meteoroid's size, on the order of 60 to 190 metres (200 to 620 feet), depending on whether the body was a comet or a denser asteroid.[4]
Tunguska event - Wikipedia

The bodies at Pompei were right under the volcano, at it's base. The ash flakes that fell in other states after St Helens hurt NOTHING

U R dumb

Hurricanes travel thousands of miles and wipe out entire countries, and volcanoes erupt every what ten twenty thousand years....................Or Hawaii erupts every day and does no damage, people swim around it.

035705-450-lava-diving.jpg

No joke either

Netherlands - Wikipedia

Oh WOW the deep state can control the weather.

Is that sarcasm or refusal to engage in honest rational dialog? :dunno:

Irma, the deadliest storm of all time with a 3 inch storm surge....................

You have earned the title as the biggest jackass on this message board. Have you watched any coverage of the damage? Did you see that the downtown area of Jacksonville flooded because of that 3 inch storm surge?

I have had enough of your idiocy. It stated out as humorous, but know I realize that you are likely suffering from mental illness.

I feel sorry for you.

Irma, the deadliest storm of all time with a 3 inch storm surge....................

My parents live in northern Florida which didn't get hit nearly as hard as southern Florida and they just got their power back today.

Furthermore, what fuck up is if you are referring to?
This one

The Monster Surge That Wasn’t: Why Irma Caused Less Flooding Than Expected

The worst-case Irma scenario didn’t happen for much of Florida. Why?

Apparently, you don't know much about how severe weather works. Tornadoes, hurricanes, thunder storms can change direction at the drop of a hat and it's completely unpredictable.

NWS is shifting its emphasis on worst probable outcome because it is shifting its mission statement to life and property versus focusing on the most probable meteorological outcome.
This concept has been kicked around for over 10 years and do not know if they officially announced it or are even going to. It's not without controversy .

Forum List

Back