The wealth tax

I often hear people make the statement that the rich don't pay enough in taxes.
Here in the USA we tax income (and a lot of other things), but what about the wealthy people that have no income? Suppose you were lucky enough to win the sperm lottery and be born into wealth. Perhaps you are a trust-fund baby that has no income, but shit-tons of wealth.
If you are one of the people that snivels about the wealthy not "paying their fair share", do you think wealth should be taxed? Should the simple fact that one has millions of dollars without earning a single damn dime of it be reason to tax them?

If you are trying to get money do you tax those who don't have it or those who do? Isn't that why the wealthy are taxed more than others...

I'm going to assume that you are referencing my thread about taxing the poor.
If 1% of the people are taxed an additional $100 or 99% of the people are taxed an additional $10, which brings in more money?
How about if the government cuts spending instead of raising taxes?

Why is Spock using a two-dimensional flight computer in three-dimensional space? :lol:

Isn't all flight 3 dimensional?
Not insofar as plotting it on an E6B, which is what Spock has in his hands, is concerned.

I further notice tha he has it turned to the side where you do wind correction calculations. :lol:

Last edited:
Taxing something twice is wrong, no matter who is responsible for paying it the first time.
Even America's Hemorrhoid, Stuttering LimpBoy admits that wealth is not taxed even once!

The Truth About Taxes
August 6, 2007
RUSH: I've told you before: the income tax is designed to keep people like his [Buffett's] secretary from becoming wealthy! There is no "wealth" tax. So this is a big misnomer. ...
But there's no tax on wealth. There is a tax on income, and the tax on income is designed to keep everybody who is not wealthy from getting there.

I'm talking about genuine wealth, not the way Democrats define "rich."

Taxing something twice is wrong, no matter who is responsible for paying it the first time.
Even America's Hemorrhoid, Stuttering LimpBoy admits that wealth is not taxed even once!

The Truth About Taxes
August 6, 2007
RUSH: I've told you before: the income tax is designed to keep people like his [Buffett's] secretary from becoming wealthy! There is no "wealth" tax. So this is a big misnomer. ...
But there's no tax on wealth. There is a tax on income, and the tax on income is designed to keep everybody who is not wealthy from getting there.

Aside from you, who gives a crap what Rush say's?
It's a tired song you keep singing. Go to bed.

Why is Spock using a two-dimensional flight computer in three-dimensional space? :lol:

Not insofar as plotting it on an E6B, which is what Spock has in his hands, is concerned.

I further notice tha he has it turned to the side where you do wind correction calculations. :lol:

It's Star Trek, you dumbass, it's not wind correction, it's solar drift correction.

Flat tax on the dollar with NO exceptions should have been the way to go from the start.

Nobody really understands the current tax code completly.
And no deductions either!

The wealthy have perverted "charity" deductions to avoid paying any taxes even on "realized" capital wealth.

June 14, 2007
RUSH: -- a lot of people, a lot of people wealthy people set up foundations and they do this to keep the government from getting the money.

The Truth About Taxes
August 6, 2007

Obviously it really hurts you to have to eat your MessiahRushie's words. :rofl:

The Truth About Taxes
August 6, 2007

There, I emphasized it for you, moron.
You want to make a stupid claim like that, how about if you find just one single post where i have quoted Rush or invoked his name. Just one, I dare you.

Last edited:

You want to make a stupid claim like that, how about if you find just one single post where i have quoted Rush or invoked his name. Just one, I dare you.
August 26, 2008
RUSH: "When critics get it right, then you reply," and when you reply to something they've gotten right, it's evidence that the critic has gotten to you.

It's Star Trek, you dumbass, it's not wind correction, it's solar drift correction.

It's Spock, ferchrissakes......He should be able to do those calculations in his head.

August 26, 2008
RUSH: "When critics get it right, then you reply," and when you reply to something they've gotten right, it's evidence that the critic has gotten to you.

Quoting you isn't invoking his name.
Try again asshole.

It's Spock, ferchrissakes......He should be able to do those calculations in his head.

Kirk was yammering in his ear about something and he lost focus.

August 26, 2008
Damn, it sucks that I ran out of rep.
I'll neg rep you later because you are a complete asshole.
Far be it from me to ask others to do the same thing, but I suspect they will notice what a total dick you are and take it upon themselves to act appropriately.

Last edited:
Here in the USA we tax income (and a lot of other things), but what about the wealthy people that have no income? Suppose you were lucky enough to win the sperm lottery and be born into wealth. Perhaps you are a trust-fund baby that has no income, but shit-tons of wealth.
If you are one of the people that snivels about the wealthy not "paying their fair share", do you think wealth should be taxed? Should the simple fact that one has millions of dollars without earning a single damn dime of it be reason to tax them?
Most have investments, and they pay only 15% tax on those earnings.

Last edited:

You didn't answer the question.

Any tax on the rich is apparently "punishing," while taxes on the poor are always perfectly justified, it seems.

Nothing could be worse, in this non-spending environment, than some sort of sales or value-added tax. It would just take more out of the pockets of the poor.

I'm not sure how people don't see, that in the last three decades of the rich tripling their incomes, that we should perhaps tax them more, or just let the Bush bill take it's place. It is true the rich pay most of the federal income taxes. But when you filter in all types of taxes, from fees, to fines, to gas, to sales, and more, as a share of income, the too 20 percent wealthiest pay 19 cents on the dollar, while the poorest 20 percent pay 18 cents on the dollar.

If you don't want to pay the inheritance tax, then die in 2010, when there is none.

True tax discussions should always be framed with both what remains after taxes, and with all types of taxes considered.

They only pay that 15% when they "REALIZE" those earnings when the capital asset is sold, and only on the increase in value. Until then their wealth grows TAX FREE like an unlimited IRA with no penalty for early withdrawal. But the wealthy STILL aren't satisfied with those benefits, they want all taxes on Cap Gains eliminated.

Forum List

Back