The Wealth Gap Between Young and Old

The typical U.S. household headed by a person age 65 or older has a net worth 47 times greater than a household headed by someone under 35, according to an analysis of census data released Monday.

While people typically accumulate assets as they age, this wealth gap is now more than double what it was in 2005 and nearly five times the 10-to-1 disparity a quarter-century ago, after adjusting for inflation.

CBO: Top 1% getting exponentially richer
U.S. middle class facing a lost decade
U.S. poverty rises to 15.1%

U.S. young-old wealth gap worse than ever - CBS News

Well, maybe the young bucks need to step it up and get there asses to work. Instead of blaming everyone else for the situation that they themselves have put themselves in.

The typical U.S. household headed by a person age 65 or older has a net worth 47 times greater than a household headed by someone under 35, according to an analysis of census data released Monday.

While people typically accumulate assets as they age, this wealth gap is now more than double what it was in 2005 and nearly five times the 10-to-1 disparity a quarter-century ago, after adjusting for inflation.

CBO: Top 1% getting exponentially richer
U.S. middle class facing a lost decade
U.S. poverty rises to 15.1%

U.S. young-old wealth gap worse than ever - CBS News

Well, maybe the young bucks need to step it up and get there asses to work. Instead of blaming everyone else for the situation that they themselves have put themselves in.
I don't think a willingness to work is a problem for new college graduates.

Gee, someone who works a lifetime to achieve, saves, and invests, has more than a kid starting out? I suppose we "don't deserve it", and government ought to take it, and give it to you whining brats, eh? I didn't have a lot of money at your age either. Grow up, work for it, and maybe you can be successful, too. Otherwise, shut your whining pieholes! I have no patience with immature spoiled children who think we owe them what WE worked and saved for! Don't like it? Kiss my old retired ass!

Gee, someone who works a lifetime to achieve, saves, and invests, has more than a kid starting out? I suppose we "don't deserve it", and government ought to take it, and give it to you whining brats, eh? I didn't have a lot of money at your age either. Grow up, work for it, and maybe you can be successful, too. Otherwise, shut your whining pieholes! I have no patience with immature spoiled children who think we owe them what WE worked and saved for! Don't like it? Kiss my old retired ass!
And you probably didn't have a $40,000 student loan to payoff when you started your first job. Kids getting out of college today are not lazy. They have worked their ass off to earn a degree.

And you probably didn't have a $40,000 student loan to payoff when you started your first job. Kids getting out of college today are not lazy. They have worked their ass off to earn a degree.

Well the whole fallacy here is that we are calling 35 year old adults kids. Nuff said.

And probably no one forced them to take that loan, either.

Most of what really makes this country tick doesn't require a college degree

Forum List

Back