The way to keep burkini's off the beaches

Wet suits, burkinis, etc, are considered to be unhygienic, particularly in communal swimming pools, because of the chemicals in the fabric.

My daughters were kicked out of a mixed sauna once, for wearing swimsuits.

I am puzzled by this. Is that pool chemicals in the fabric that when vaporised might become toxic? You sure they just weren't Tommy Tainteds and his "show the boys...." brigade?

Greg

Something like that.

And there are chemicals in the synthetic swimming garments.

Nude is the way to go, for the health of the planet.

:biggrin:

I must remember to ask Wobs if he wears speedos. lol

There are EarthmotherSauniacs??? Crazy!!!

I prefer my theory;TTs.

Greg

Is he back yet?

So why aren't the Muslims just wearing these? Oh that's right they can't it's too tight ..... By wearing this they put themselves at risk for a beating, rape, or honour killing.

Not in a truly free country they don't. It's hard to FORCE immodesty on women. And it's actually ugly. Best to assure them they WILL BE PROTECTED in those choices according to the EXISTING law. That's what adaptation needs to be. If only ONE person is happy with freedom and choices in a marriage or a family, then maybe some independence should be declared.

Especially if they see that their RELIGION will support them in any non-legal abusive situation. And westernized Muslim practices are NOT offensive or even odd. It's the CULTURE that has to be shed.

Well, one could say that the religion is definitely a part of the culture. :)

The religion is the portable part. The culture - especially the LEGAL side of it and the INTOLERANCE - should never be ported..

No one gets accosted in a US mosque for how they live outside the mosque. They might be "lectured" and "encouraged" to maintain orthodoxy --- but there is literally no means to enforce it --- if you don't allow a parallel legal system to develop. And if you make sure that everyone knows --- abuse and physical harm will not be tolerated.

Then why were the Muslims pushing for sharia panels in Dallas and other parts of the country?

This is why we need to stop acting like these people are just wonderful.

Who says they're wonderful?? There are different issues at stake. If there is coercion and violence then there are already Laws to deal with that, They're called "assault" among other things. And you should see aspects of the Family Law act that are over here, and I'm sure also in the States. Flaca's quite right. Mussie bloke need to be aware that what might be "covered up" by resorting to some bullshit from a freak Imam is NOT acceptable if it is against the Law of the Land. Spousal abuse is already against the Law.

Greg

I agree. I sure am not into coddling them. But forcing them to wear something (or not to wear something) is taking things a step too far, IMO. I don't know about France, but that is really not acceptable here in the US. People wear what they want to wear (within reasonable limitations of course).

^^^

Sorry, I don't know what happened there in that post. I said I think intolerance is kind of a part of religious belief systems.

In the Orthodox forms all religions have some type of intolerance towards SOME kinds of people. In western societies, those orthodoxies are moderated by culture and law. So the successful westernized religions have developed reform movements that offer levels of "purity" for the scriptural implementations of religious code.

The only way those intolerances remain, is in cultures that allow religious law to be enforced by the state. OR -- by isolating themselves physically from the state and the rest of the populace.

There's the goal for immigration from these abusive cultures. Don't condone those 2 things. And you can measure how well this reform and adaptation is taking hold by surveying the individual places of worship and talking to their leadership. Those channels have to remain open in order to assess any risk or danger from radicalized views.

I can't fathom fighting intolerance by using the power of state to BE intolerant. Makes no sense at all.
I can understand limiting immigration from these diseased cultures to the amount we can monitor for successful adaptation.

Last edited:
Wet suits, burkinis, etc, are considered to be unhygienic, particularly in communal swimming pools, because of the chemicals in the fabric.

My daughters were kicked out of a mixed sauna once, for wearing swimsuits.

For a sauna -- a lot of swimsuits bleed the dyes under heat and humidity. Stains the very expensive wooden benches and towels.. You don't know which suits will cause problems -- so you ban them all and hand out towels.

I seem to remember when the LAW said -- all women had to wear bathing caps in swimming pools. Even if the guys had hair LONGER than the women -- they were exempt.

That was a SECULAR law abuse. Isn't it? Law can be dingy and unfair whether it's religious or not.

I seem to remember when the LAW said -- all women had to wear bathing caps in swimming pools. Even if the guys had hair LONGER than the women -- they were exempt.

That was a SECULAR law abuse. Isn't it? Law can be dingy and unfair whether it's religious or not.

I thought the rationale for wearing bathing caps was for not to get one's hair wet.

Though I seem to vaguely remember an issue to do with hygiene also.

sauna-castelrotto-alpenflora-hotel.jpg

bigstock--130411052.jpg

It’s hijab vu all over again.

Each “new” Muslim regalia hoo-ha—this week, it’s the French burkini battle—makes me feel like I’m trapped in Turkish Groundhog Day. You lucky Americans haven’t been screaming at each other about Islam’s wearable trash bags for anywhere near as long as we Canadians.

By the way, do you know what it said on the ticket the cops gave the Muslima on the beach? She was cited for not wearing “an outfit respecting good morals and secularism.”

Hooray…?

Okay, maybe something got lost in translation. Then again, topless women have been France’s symbol for (their peculiarly Gallic notion of) “liberté” since Marianne.

That’s likely what inspired this droll post at The Daily Bonnet, the Onion of Anabaptists:

French Police Arrest Mennonite Women for “Not Dressing Sexy Enough” at the Beach

Before you laugh (or after you do), remember:

Today’s satire is tomorrow’s social policy.

A Faulty Cloaking Device

^^^

Sorry, I don't know what happened there in that post. I said I think intolerance is kind of a part of religious belief systems.

In the Orthodox forms all religions have some type of intolerance towards SOME kinds of people. In western societies, those orthodoxies are moderated by culture and law. So the successful westernized religions have developed reform movements that offer levels of "purity" for the scriptural implementations of religious code.

The only way those intolerances remain, is in cultures that allow religious law to be enforced by the state. OR -- by isolating themselves physically from the state and the rest of the populace.

There's the goal for immigration from these abusive cultures. Don't condone those 2 things. And you can measure how well this reform and adaptation is taking hold by surveying the individual places of worship and talking to their leadership. Those channels have to remain open in order to assess any risk or danger from radicalized views.

I can't fathom fighting intolerance by using the power of state to BE intolerant. Makes no sense at all.
I can understand limiting immigration from these diseased cultures to the amount we can monitor for successful adaptation.

Yes, well I've heard religious people (and these are your moderate Christians living here in America) say that the laws of their God outweigh any of mankind's laws. So there is that.

Forum List

Back