The Way it Was (Pre-Roe v Wade)

But setting all that aside, DL, it is quite obvious that more social spending, whatever the percentages, has done absolutely nothing to even slow down the number of abortions. Now at 54+ million and counting since Roe v Wade.

By all means, continue to ignore the facts and figures. You've done that throughout this thread. Everything I point out to you which would go to reduce the abortions, and which are currently not done in the US, you deny, ignore or refuse to consider. You go back time and time again to matters of public morality.

Morality always starts with practical matters. People talk about doing the "right thing", but when faced with difficult choices, morality comes second to practicality. Poor women might want to have more children, but can't afford them. Make it easier for them to keep their jobs, find affordable day care and housing, and fewer women will have abortions.

I don't seem to be the one ignoring the facts and figures. I have spent a good deal of my life working hands on with those facts and figures. Have you? Perhaps if you had spent even a year in my shoes, you might have a very different perspective on all this.

And I also am quite aware of the fact and figure of 54+ million babies that were killed and never given a chance to live at all. My interest is in bringing that number waaaaaaay down and I'm pretty damn sure that throwing more money at it won't accomplish that. And I base that on the fact that it hasn't brought down the number in any country in which there are a lot of social services and abortion is unquestioned and legal.

Last edited:
And I also am quite aware of the fact and figure of 54+ million babies that were killed and never given a chance to live at all. My interest is in bringing that number waaaaaaay down and I'm pretty damn sure that throwing more money at it won't accomplish that. And I base that on the fact that it hasn't brought down the number in any country in which there are a lot of social services and abortion is unquestioned and legal.

The US has NEVER had the support programs available in other countries to help women and families so how do you know that sex education in the schools, and availability of cheap birth control wouldn't work?

Forum List

Back