The Watchmen

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
I don't understand, for the life of me, why they didn't divide this movie up into 3 parts. There are so many interesting characters I would've loved to dive deep into their nuances and get to know them better instead of breezing over every single one of them. I've never seen a movie before where character development takes presidence over the central plot.

I give the movie a B-, mostly because the special effects were great and some of the characters were interesting. The overall storyline was rushed and terrible. But hey, gratituitious nudity of hot chicks never hurts!

I don't understand, for the life of me, why they didn't divide this movie up into 3 parts. There are so many interesting characters I would've loved to dive deep into their nuances and get to know them better instead of breezing over every single one of them. I've never seen a movie before where character development takes presidence over the central plot.

I give the movie a B-, mostly because the special effects were great and some of the characters were interesting. The overall storyline was rushed and terrible. But hey, gratituitious nudity of hot chicks never hurts!

Havent seen it yet, but ive been watching "The Watchmen" motion comic book videos, and i realized by the 4th episode, there is way too much info for a simple 2 hour movie. Still cant wait to see the movie though.

In comic book form it was 12 parts, released one per month.

It is a very complex story, I haven't seen the movie but I know the story quite well.

I highly recommend the motion comic format. Its in 12 parts and has sound and movement. Its basically a souped up comic book. Very cool.

just got back from the cinema, I enjoyed it but was still slightly disappointed and my arse is aching like hell.

I would be interested in that, but cant seem to find it in Europe, is there any internet shop you could point me too?

Yeah, the shop i used is the program "bittorrent" and i go to isoHunt - the BitTorrent and P2P search engine to find them. Yeah, im one of those guys that likes free entertainment. :razz:

At isohunt.com, just type in "the watchmen comic" in the search engine and you will see all those motion comics come up. Theres 12 of them.

Last edited:
Thanks, Dling now! :D

Will watch the film anyway, and maybe buy some comics if its nice too :D

Im still waiting to find a good copy of the movie at ISOhunt. Often times you can find dvd quality copies while the films are still in the theatre. You need to read the comments on the item you are looking at to find out if its a good copy or not.

I don't mind a long movie if it's good. Most of "Watchmen" was okay, although it dragged in places - defined as me having a chance to wonder if it's over yet - but then it dropped the ball massively at the end. I walked out of the theatre wanting to know who to sue to get that almost-three hours of my life back.

Is it just me, or did the people writing this thing have a SERIOUSLY shaky grasp of human nature and morality? Show the world a common enemy via attacks on American cities, and they'll all join hands and sing Kum Ba Yah? Really? Can we say, "9-11"? The selfish, the evil, and the terminally stupid will always be among us. I could have lived with Adrian Whatshisface doing all those things in the tragically-mistaken belief that he could frighten the world into getting along and behaving. That would have been a perfectly acceptable storyline. But at the point where they tried to tell us it had WORKED . . . I can't suspend my rational disbelief that much. I thought this provided a rather telling revelation of a flawed mindset that is all too pervasive in real life: the idea that there's such a thing as "humanity" or "mankind" as one big entity, rather than the teeming mass of individuals that actually exist. Just because there's a collective noun doesn't mean there's a collective.

And the idea that people should be lied to in order to protect them and do what's best for them because the liar in question is smarter and knows better . . . Don't even get me started. If humans are to become better, they have to better themselves. You can't do it for them.

I don't mind a long movie if it's good. Most of "Watchmen" was okay, although it dragged in places - defined as me having a chance to wonder if it's over yet - but then it dropped the ball massively at the end. I walked out of the theatre wanting to know who to sue to get that almost-three hours of my life back.

Is it just me, or did the people writing this thing have a SERIOUSLY shaky grasp of human nature and morality? Show the world a common enemy via attacks on American cities, and they'll all join hands and sing Kum Ba Yah? Really? Can we say, "9-11"? The selfish, the evil, and the terminally stupid will always be among us. I could have lived with Adrian Whatshisface doing all those things in the tragically-mistaken belief that he could frighten the world into getting along and behaving. That would have been a perfectly acceptable storyline. But at the point where they tried to tell us it had WORKED . . . I can't suspend my rational disbelief that much. I thought this provided a rather telling revelation of a flawed mindset that is all too pervasive in real life: the idea that there's such a thing as "humanity" or "mankind" as one big entity, rather than the teeming mass of individuals that actually exist. Just because there's a collective noun doesn't mean there's a collective.

And the idea that people should be lied to in order to protect them and do what's best for them because the liar in question is smarter and knows better . . . Don't even get me started. If humans are to become better, they have to better themselves. You can't do it for them.

You've just ruined the movie for those that haven't seen it yet, you pillock.

Yes, because it's not all over the Internet, and because someone is really going to be stupid enough to read a message board discussion of it expecting NOT to hear anything about what happens therein.

If you were dumb enough to think a discussion thread was just going to be about the posters in the theatre lobby, YOU'RE the "pillock".

This black and white conservative mindset is so old and outdated. When are you people going to catch up to the rest of the world? America is far behind other countries because of beliefs like yours. The social conservative movement is harming this country.

Yes, because it's not all over the Internet, and because someone is really going to be stupid enough to read a message board discussion of it expecting NOT to hear anything about what happens therein.

If you were dumb enough to think a discussion thread was just going to be about the posters in the theatre lobby, YOU'RE the "pillock".

No, you are the pillock, you are supposed to review movies without fucking spoilers or you warn everyone that you are about to post a spoiler so that they discontinue reading you fucking dumb pillock.

I thought it raised some interesting ethical and philosophical questions at the end

Hold you disappointment for a 2 hour Preacher.

english-motherfucker.gif

Forum List

Back