The "wasted vote" hypocrisy

The article is based on a false premise. It assumes there is a third party which is not made of worse propellerheads than the two major parties.

Unfortunately, the third parties are worse than the two major parties. So voting for them is not a "wasted vote". It is a vote that encourages the third parties to keep being the crazy fucks they are, and I will not do that.

"Someone voted for us! We must be doing something right!"

It is better to not vote at all. If one votes for a major party with the attitude of voting for the "lesser of two evils", well, you are still voting for an EVIL. They need to think about what they are saying. What part of lesser of two EVILS do these people not understand? The evil part, obviously. And so we will continue to get more and more evil choices. We will keep getting the government we deserve.

"A shitload of people voted for us! We must be doing something right!"

So I won't be doing voting for that shit, either.

My vote has to be earned.

A helluva lot of people need to realize that their vote is actually worth dying for, and they should treat it that way. Not throw it away on some asshole who is slightly less evil than some other asshole.

MAKE THEM WORK FOR IT!!!!

Last edited:
Read the article.
Liked the article.
I was already convinced, so my opinion probably doesn't mean much.

"It assumes there is a third party which is not made of worse propellerheads than the two major parties."

Worse? Now, there is hyperbole!
Hardly possible!

"It assumes there is a third party which is not made of worse propellerheads than the two major parties."

Worse? Now, there is hyperbole!
Hardly possible!

Really? Do you believe ALL of the third parties are better than the two major parties?

If not, then you are the one guilty of hyperbole.

It is more than possible to be worse than the two major parties.

That's why they don't get a lot of votes.

Last edited:
  • Banned
The article is based on a false premise. It assumes there is a third party which is not made of worse propellerheads than the two major parties.

Unfortunately, the third parties are worse than the two major parties. So voting for them is not a "wasted vote". It is a vote that encourages the third parties to keep being the crazy fucks they are, and I will not do that.

"Someone voted for us! We must be doing something right!"

It is better to not vote at all. If one votes for a major party with the attitude of voting for the "lesser of two evils", well, you are still voting for an EVIL. They need to think about what they are saying. What part of lesser of two EVILS do these people not understand? The evil part, obviously. And so we will continue to get more and more evil choices. We will keep getting the government we deserve.

"A shitload of people voted for us! We must be doing something right!"

So I won't be doing voting for that shit, either.

My vote has to be earned.

A helluva lot of people need to realize that their vote is actually worth dying for, and they should treat it that way. Not throw it away on some asshole who is slightly less evil than some other asshole.

MAKE THEM WORK FOR IT!!!!

Libertarians want to end wars,end war on drugs,legalize marijuana,let you control your life. How the hell is that stupid? Blah..you been voting for the 2 idiot parties to damn long.

I didn't read the article, maybe I should and I will at some point.

Anyway, no vote is a wasted vote no matter where you are or who you vote for. Those people who vote for the Republican in, let's say Vermont, their voices are heard even if their candidate that they want doesn't win. Especially if one party picks up votes every year, it tells the candidate or whatever party they belong to keep fighting for what they believe in.

No person should ever think that their vote doesn't count.

Hyperbole is hardly synonymous with guilt. It is a technique of discourse.

Of course I don't think an unreconstructed Nazi is better than Romney (well...).

The Libertarians are certainly no worse, for example. Sure, they have ideas that are 'out there', but their economics is no more wrong than what we see proposed by the Big Two.

I am just so thoroughly against the coup d'état of the Democans/Republicrats that I want them out and might be prepared to go to 'lengths' to see it happen.

Last edited:
Libertarians want to end wars,end war on drugs,legalize marijuana,let you control your life. How the hell is that stupid? Blah..you been voting for the 2 idiot parties to damn long.

I am more than familiar with what Libertarians are about. As a paleo-conservative, I've been around them for over 35 years. I bet I know their philosophy better than most of them do. I also happen to hero worship William F. Buckley.

Libertarians are completely clueless, particularly when it comes to the ins and outs of human nature.

And I only voted for one party until 2006. Straight GOP.

I have not voted since.

Last edited:
"It takes a real narcissist to think that their vote is more valuable than that of someone else."

A million dollar donation goes a long way toward assuring the feeling.

I know my vote counts every time. Its just butt hurt folks who say our votes for 3rd parties don't count because we aren't voting for THEIR candidate.

Spending-under-Obama-...-Romney-lies-via-Think-Progress.jpg

I know my vote counts every time. Its just butt hurt folks who say our votes for 3rd parties don't count because we aren't voting for THEIR candidate.

We dont need a 3rd party we need a 2nd party...as it is we really only have one

but the shitbagging terrorist baggers have distinguished the right to the degree that they are so horrible we seem to have 2

Forum List

Back