The Washington Post Endorses Obama

Just put the cup of Kool Aid down and back away from the table VERY slowly. :lol:

I've got a glass of off-year Manischewitz in my hand and i know how to use it! The Washington Post endorsing Obama is GOOD thing. SAY IT!!!! SAY IT!!!!

Democrats not Republican control the House and the Congress. You remember them right? The ones that passed said bills? And will have to approve any such move?

Incorrect. The partial nationalization has already occured without congress saying 1 word.

Beginning with Richard Nixon,[7] conservatives have often cited the Post, along with The New York Times, as exemplars of "liberal media bias". As Katharine Graham (the former publisher of the Post) noted in her memoirs Personal History, the paper long had a policy of not making endorsements for presidential candidates. In 2004, that policy changed with the Post's endorsement of Democratic candidate John Kerry.[8] It also has endorsed Republican politicians, such as Maryland Governor Robert Ehrlich.[9] In 2006, it repeated its historic endorsements of every Republican incumbent for Congress in Northern Virginia.[10] There have also been times when the Post has specifically chosen not to endorse any candidate, such as in 1988 when it refused to endorse then Governor Michael Dukakis or then Vice President George H.W. Bush.[11]

Its editorial positions have taken primarily conservative stances: it has steadfastly supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq, warmed to President George W. Bush's proposal to partially privatize Social Security, opposed a deadline for U.S. withdrawal from the Iraq War, and advocated free trade agreements, including CAFTA.

On March 26, 2007, Chris Matthews said on his television program, "Well, The Washington Post is not the liberal newspaper it was, Congressman, let me tell you. I have been reading it for years and it is a neocon newspaper"

On October 17, 2008, the Washington Post endorsed Barack Obama for President of the United States.
The Washington Post - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems with addition of the new Editor of the Post that came over from the WSJ the Editorial staff of the Post has been more friendly to conservative issues. However, the news staff at the Post has been since the Nixon Administration a liberal paper and with it's first ever endorsement in 2004 of John Kerry and then Barack Obama it is fairly obvious where the news staff of the Post is leaning. If you noticed in history of the paper, they actually refused to endorse in 1988, which IMHO they should have done this year.

Forum List

Back