The War Profiteering Continues In Afghanistan

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Saturday, February 22, 2014
'Windfalls Of War': Companies With Spotty Records Making Billions Off Afghanistan
-- FOX News

The United States government has paid a company based in Switzerland more than $5 billion to feed the troops in Afghanistan, and thanks to a succession of no-bid contract extensions, the company, Supreme Foodservice, overcharged American taxpayers as much as $757 million, officials say.

The U.S. has appropriated more than $100 billion for Afghan reconstruction, which includes not only building and development, but training and arming the Afghan security forces -- and the dispute over the massive payments to this single company is just one example of how, more than 12 years into the war, America is struggling to account for how its money has been spent.

So who's getting rich off the war?

Read more ....@ 'Windfalls of war': Companies with spotty records making billions off Afghanistan | Fox News

Posters Comment: Stories like this one always makes my blood boil. One more reason to get out of Afghanistan.

I too am disgusted by stories like this. It degrades our troops and lessens their chances to survive. But, is it all that unusual? Stuff like this has been going on for centuries in all countries. And, to be honest, I don't think anything will or can be done to ever stop it.

Forum List

Back