The war on terror is lost

I will once again repeat that this is not an attack on America, simply on an administration that has gone too far, has the wrong attitude, and will create substantially more terrorism than it will likely ever solve.

I reiterate psychological torture such as the nakedness, the simulated homo sex acts, the tying of wires to genitalia are valid tools of war if we save one Palestinian or Taleban life from it.

>> ....it will take fighting and sacrifice to stay ahead in this conflict

Bollocks you dont know jack. You are a sheep you simply believe what you are told. Yeah fighting and sacrifice really worked in Northern Ireland didnt it, in Chechnya, in Palestine. Actually it doesnt work like that at all. Its only when people talk can you solve problems. Nowhere has violence against a cell based terrorist organisation actually succeeded.

Im British BTW not dutch, and you know what if I had this discussion on a British bulletin board people would be a damned sight less reactionary. In Britain people its acceptable for people to not necessarily agree with what the government tells us. It certainly doesnt seem that way in America.

You just know you have lost an argument when you resort to personal insults....

Oh jeez,Im so scared, pissing my pants here.
By all means report me. I dont care.
The graphic above says your voice counts, or is that only if you agree with current US government policy.

And Chuchhill ended WW11 by reasoning with Hitler?? Which terrorist to recommend us chatting with?? I imagine the brits react with less emotion because --- they are not the ones being insulted by you and they are inherently an under emoting bunch

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I wonder what we would think if the above statement read THIS way?

I reiterate psychological torture such as the nakedness, the simulated homo sex acts, the tying of wires to genitalia are valid tools of war if we save one North Korean or innocent South Korean life from it.

or THIS

I reiterate psychological torture such as the nakedness, the simulated homo sex acts, the tying of wires to genitalia are valid tools of war if we save one Chinese or innocent Taiwanese life from it.

DK do you believe that our pow's or hostages I think they are being called aren't being tortured or abused in some fashion or another? Have you read Jessica Lynch's account of her captivity? The bottom line, well to me anyway, is that this is war and these guys are the enemy. They have information we need and if we can't get it through step A then you go to step B and so on until said information is released from prisoner.

I know I know about our reputation and the high road but personally at this point I say we do what we have to do in order to win in the shortest amount of time with the least amount of loss of American life. If we got to humiliate a few of these guys to do it then so be it.

BTW do you also believe that we raped female pow's there although there is no proof of that?

Why do I always catch these cool bashing threads too late?

Originally posted by OCA
DK do you believe that our pow's or hostages I think they are being called aren't being tortured or abused in some fashion or another? Have you read Jessica Lynch's account of her captivity? The bottom line, well to me anyway, is that this is war and these guys are the enemy. They have information we need and if we can't get it through step A then you go to step B and so on until said information is released from prisoner.

I know I know about our reputation and the high road but personally at this point I say we do what we have to do in order to win in the shortest amount of time with the least amount of loss of American life. If we got to humiliate a few of these guys to do it then so be it.

BTW do you also believe that we raped female pow's there although there is no proof of that?

By my last look into the Lynch story, she doesn't remember anything, she was also cared for by the doctors and nurses in the hospital. Is there other proven documentation she was abused? forgive my ignorance in that matter. I just never kept up with it.

Didn't we also have an american escape recently that wasn't abused or tortured, in fact was given medical attention (poor medical attention sure) for wounds to his arm?

My point with that is that its not about a whole, just like our situation now is not. a handful of people are responsible for this, not the whole of the US military, so it probably is with the insurgents.

So, we do what we have to do in the shortest amount of time with little to no american casualties, right? I've got one word for you if thats what we should be doing and that word would be nuclear. But thats not what we are there to do now, is it?

As far as the rape claims go, I'm not sure at this point. Theres already allegations and pictures of troops sodomizing prisoners with glow sticks, would that be 'frat pranks' and psych ops to you also?

From what she recalls she was busted up by them pretty bad in the initial hours and not given any food or water on a regular basis except by innocent passerby's. As for rape she doesn't rule it out but doesn't say with certainty that it did happen either.

Glowsticks you say huh? Well now i'd say that was over the line but i've not seen a pic of this nor had I heard this up until now, got a pic you would like to share?

Ok with the nuclear yeah that would be the safest and quickest route possible but you know I wasn't going there with that. We need to just sweep through the country with an overwhelming presence militarily and lay down ultimatums to these towns and villages to where these guys are holed up, give up the insurgents or see a siege layed upon your town. I think I remember you asking before as to why we are pussyfooting around, so I know you see my point.

I will also say this, if it is found that we are pussyfooting around for domestic political reasons I will lay into Bush, as I don't believe that reelection is a good enough reason to not do what is neccessary and well within our capabilities. I'd even probably change my vote, no not to flip flop but to a 3rd party as a protest.

Originally posted by OCA
From what she recalls she was busted up by them pretty bad in the initial hours and not given any food or water on a regular basis except by innocent passerby's. As for rape she doesn't rule it out but doesn't say with certainty that it did happen either.

agreed, so we have one who was legitimately tortured and abused. Does that mean we throw all caution to the wind and act exactly like they do?

Glowsticks you say huh? Well now i'd say that was over the line but i've not seen a pic of this nor had I heard this up until now, got a pic you would like to share?

No pics of this will be released to the public, says the pentagon, although the article is HERE

Ok with the nuclear yeah that would be the safest and quickest route possible but you know I wasn't going there with that. We need to just sweep through the country with an overwhelming presence militarily and lay down ultimatums to these towns and villages to where these guys are holed up, give up the insurgents or see a siege layed upon your town. I think I remember you asking before as to why we are pussyfooting around, so I know you see my point.

I do see your point and this can be done without abusing or torturing prisoners.

I will also say this, if it is found that we are pussyfooting around for domestic political reasons I will lay into Bush, as I don't believe that reelection is a good enough reason to not do what is neccessary and well within our capabilities. I'd even probably change my vote, no not to flip flop but to a 3rd party as a protest.

don't know if I'd go that far with it but I'll have to see what Naders lawsuit in Texas results in. Not that I'd vote for Nader, but it opens up the possibility of ME running :D

Oh hell no I wouldn't cast a vote for Nader! Maybe write in Rick Santorum or Tom DeLay. Oh i'd bet you'd like that vote for DeLay:D

Hopefully it won't get that far.

Originally posted by OCA
Oh hell no I wouldn't cast a vote for Nader! Maybe write in Rick Santorum or Tom DeLay. Oh i'd bet you'd like that vote for DeLay:D

Hopefully it won't get that far.

DeLay!! man, you're killing me here :p:

Forum List

Back