The War on Kwanzaa

Who am I or any of you to decide what holidays other people should or should not celebrate? If you don't care for the origins or symbolism of Kwanzaa then don't celebrate it. That doesn't mean other people can't. Who cares?

we would never mock someones religious holiday. only fictional constructs that masquerade as a holiday.

Kwaanza is a manufactured celebration with no connection to history or tradition. It owes its existence to a man who wanted something to do while he was in prison. This is what he came up with. As stated by the creator of Kwaanza it was created to give blacks an alternative to Christmas which is deemed too white for black nationalists to celebrate. There is just no particular tradition along with Kwaanza.

We make up holidays all the time. Martin Luther King holiday is recent and made up. There isn't anything wrong with Kwaanza. If some people want to celebrate it, good for them. It just needs to be in its proper perspective, which is it occupies the exact same place as Agelong which is the observance of the legendary battle between Corellon Larethian and Gruumsh One-Eye according to the Elven calendar.

WTF gives rw's racist pigs the right to judge other people's holidays?

Leave other people alone. They're not hurting you. I think the hypocrisy of the so-called christians shopping at walmart so they can celebrate the "meaning of the season" is just beyond merely stupid.

BUT, as long as they don't me, I don't really care what they're crazy little rites and idols are.

Why do "christians" think they have the right to dictate every single aspect of the lives of other people?

Your constant hate is just sad and pathetic. Mind your own business.
Wow, you sure are one angry wittle wibewal, eh sparky?

Cry me a fuckin' river.:eusa_boohoo:

Kwaanza is a manufactured celebration with no connection to history or tradition. It owes its existence to a man who wanted something to do while he was in prison. This is what he came up with. As stated by the creator of Kwaanza it was created to give blacks an alternative to Christmas which is deemed too white for black nationalists to celebrate. There is just no particular tradition along with Kwaanza.

We make up holidays all the time. Martin Luther King holiday is recent and made up. There isn't anything wrong with Kwaanza. If some people want to celebrate it, good for them. It just needs to be in its proper perspective, which is it occupies the exact same place as Agelong which is the observance of the legendary battle between Corellon Larethian and Gruumsh One-Eye according to the Elven calendar.

WTF gives rw's racist pigs the right to judge other people's holidays?

Leave other people alone. They're not hurting you. I think the hypocrisy of the so-called christians shopping at walmart so they can celebrate the "meaning of the season" is just beyond merely stupid.

BUT, as long as they don't me, I don't really care what they're crazy little rites and idols are.

Why do "christians" think they have the right to dictate every single aspect of the lives of other people?

Your constant hate is just sad and pathetic. Mind your own business.

oh Geezus......are you going to start crying again?......dam you whine a lot....

WI Lawmaker Says Kwanzaa Is A Fake Holiday For People Who Hate America: Chicagoist

Grothman (R-West Bend) put out a press release titled, "Why Must We Still Hear About Kwanzaa?" late last week in which he said public school districts that teach students about Kwanzaa are "irresponsible."

Waring Fincke, left-wing West Bend lawyer and vice chair of the Washington County Democratic Party, encouraged people to learn more about Kwanzaa in a column in July. Fortunately, almost all black people ignore Waring Fincke and his ilk and their efforts to divide Americans.
But why do they do it? They don't like America and seek to destroy it by pretending that its values as expressed in the Declaration of Independence and our Constitution, don't apply to everyone. Mainstream Americans must be more outspoken on this issue. It's time it's slapped down once and for all.

Grothman finishes by saying, "Be on the lookout if a K-12 or college teacher tries to tell your children or grandchildren it's a real holiday

Kwanzaa is a cheap copy of Pentecost, why should anyone care about a fake Jewish holiday?

"Kwanzaa"? Is that old chestnut still around? I would say it's border line child abuse and genuine bigotry to purposely embarrass Black kids by teaching a made up racist substitute for Christmas in public school..
Christmas celebrated at Solstice [Pagan], evergreens, mistletoe, candles [Pagan].
The virgin birth [ancient Egyptian].

When is the Charley Brown Kwanzaa Special?
Kwanzaa was invented by a convicted felon. What is funny about Kwanzaa is that it is set up in a supposed positive way to celebrate the ties of African Americans to African culture.
Nothing wrong with that but the joke is on them.
In theory Kwanzaa is a pan African harvest holiday except when it is celebrated it is not harvest time.
It celebrates the history of this culture using the east African language Swahili.
UH, well, 95% of African Americans are descendants of West Africa and they did not and do not speak Swahili. But remember, we have an ignorant felon that invented Kwanzaa. He does not know such things.
Kwanzaa hurts no one and I have no problem with it. Christmas traditions have roots in other things also.
But making the claim that Kwanzaa is an African American holiday is false. Not much African to it in any way other than fiction.

The reality is no one cares what they celebrate. That's the problem. No one gives Kwanzza a thought when all whites are supposed to be angry and resentful that black have something of their very own. Even if it came out of the pickled brain of a guy who got his jollies torturing women.

The reality is no one cares what they celebrate. That's the problem. No one gives Kwanzza a thought when all whites are supposed to be angry and resentful that black have something of their very own. Even if it came out of the pickled brain of a guy who got his jollies torturing women.

Wait, people celebrate it now?

Republicans are trying to trash the traditions of Kwanzaa so that they can push their artificially created holiday Christmas

If the Democrats or African American community want Kwanzaa to be a national holiday like Christmas take it up with there Congressional representative and President Obama to get legislation rolling on that they have my full support.

Republicans are trying to trash the traditions of Kwanzaa so that they can push their artificially created holiday Christmas

Hey one year my cousin gave me a Happy Kwanzaa gift card for Christmas.

When I used it at Best Buy the black chick at the register gave me a dirty look.

What's up with that?

One of the clerks at the courthouse here celebrates Kwanzaa with her family. I did not know that until after Christmas I went in there for a file last Thursday, 2 days after Christmas and asked her if she had a good Christmas. "I do not celebrate but I enjoy the time off" she said and I told her I respected all holidays and whatever she celebrated. The look in her eyes was all joy and she gave me a hug. She celebrates Kwanzaa with her family. I respect that and she knows it. It made her feel joy.
I have no problem with Kwanzaa but making it a national holiday is okay with me as I want Hank Williams/Willie Nelson birthdays to also be a national holiday.
Trade off.

Forum List

Back