The War On Drugs Is Up In Smoke

We need to stop the war on drugs for sure. Especially when it comes to Marijuana, that shit is harmless, and it's good for you in some ways too.

We waste billions of dollars fighting a victimless crime. The money spent incarcerating people who are only harming themselves is a travesty.
The crime, violence and gang activity directly related to controlling the illegal drug activities would be eliminated by simply controlling the legal access to drugs

But giving up on the idiotic War on Drugs would be admitting defeat and we don't do that no matter how futile the cause.

but we don't put the big guys in prison, we send the street level dealers in prison but we don't go after the people bringing in the hard drugs into the country. The Iran Contra is a prime example and there is no way the CIA wants us to end the war on drugs.
The biggest reason why they won't end the war on drugs is the money, our government throws so much money at it which makes the problem even worse. Organizations like the CIA and DEA would be screwed if that cash flow stopped.
Watch the HBO documantary which I believe is called THe War on Drugs, the last GReat White Hope or something.

we need to do what mexico is suppose to be doing, where instead of putting offenders in jail they are sending them to a rehab program.

All you have to do to see the effects of marijuana is listen to some dopers talk for a while. I think all possession of marijuana should be a felony, and it doesn't even need any penalty associated with it for less than a pound of it, if it's a felony then we could stop at least half the Democrats from voting.

I love it when the dopers call into Michael Medved and argue about how great marijuana is and why it should be legal. Hilarious!

All you have to do to see the effects of marijuana is listen to some dopers talk for a while. I think all possession of marijuana should be a felony, and it doesn't even need any penalty associated with it for less than a pound of it, if it's a felony then we could stop at least half the Democrats from voting.

I love it when the dopers call into Michael Medved and argue about how great marijuana is and why it should be legal. Hilarious!

:eek: Reefer Madness! :eek:

So do you get off to locking innocent people in cages with violent criminals or is it just a casual hobby?

2311683442_cb71bb1be9_o.jpg

This is probably just a result of living in Mississippi for the last thirty two years, but I know a lot more republican pot smokers than democrat pot smokers.

The drug problem is a product of corruption. Corruption hides in the dark. It can't stand the light of truth.

The subpoena rather the the indictment would be several orders of magnitude more effective in dealing with the problem. But, as another poster pointed out, if the drug problem were gotten under control, several govt agencies would lose their source of funding for various and sundry black ops.

So I'm confident we can expect America to continue it's decline into being a drug infested cesspool.

So I'm confident we can expect America to continue it's decline into being a drug infested cesspool.

especially when "drug-free" schools have nurse's offices that are filled with Adderall and Ritalin, funny how it's legal for an adult to give an addictive stimulant to a 7 year old on public property, but illegal for a 27 year old to smoke a joint in a private home

Yes this sure has been a very very long "War on Drugs" and it now looks like the Drugs have won. I'm not too sure about legalizing all Drugs but i am willing to be open to legalizing Marijuana. Is it really any more harmful than alcohol? I also do think that our Laws are way too archaic and inflexible when it comes to handing out such harsh prison sentences to drug offenders. Do most of these people who have a real problem really belong in the same prisons as brutal murderers and rapists? Unless they are involved with a violent crime while being involved with drugs,i see no reason to put these people in the same prisons as murderers and rapists. Most of them just have a problem they need help with. Maybe we could create some new facilities for these types of non-violent drug offenders. Our Laws just need to become a bit more flexible. Maybe just go ahead and legalize Marijuana and create these new facilities for non-violent drug offenders. Places where they can get real help instead of just being brutally punished in the same way you punish brutal violent criminals. Surely there can be some more flexibility and compassion with our Laws no? Well,just my take anyway.

Last edited:

Hey--I am a conservative. I know doctor's--lawyers & many friends that have smoked marijuana for decades. All of them law-abiding--hard working--tax paying citizens. Not a bum in the bunch. They smoke marijuana because it relaxes them. It's absolutely harmless. It's completely organic in nature. It's not derived & compounded with other chemicals in some chemists bottle & then turned into something that can actually do harm to the individual.

Guess who the biggest lobbyist's are in Washington D.C that are AGAINST the legalization of marijuana?
Answer: Pharmacutical companies They know you can grow it out in your back yard-& they wouldn't make a penny off of it.--LOL.

There are many indications that it does have medical benefit to those that suffer from chronic pain & many other medical problems. Doctors are prescribing medical marijuana to individuals with certain condiditons, because many doctors are starting to realise the benefit of giving a patient a marijuana card versus prescription pain pills--that over long term use destroys hearts & kidneys.

The feds. need to back off of marijuana. Right now it is still classified as a schedule 1 drug right up there with cocaine--meth--& heroin. That's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Hey--I am a conservative. I know doctor's--lawyers & many friends that have smoked marijuana for decades. All of them law-abiding--hard working--tax paying citizens. Not a bum in the bunch. They smoke marijuana because it relaxes them. It's absolutely harmless. It's completely organic in nature. It's not derived in some chemists bottle & then turned into something that can actually do harm to the individual.

There are many indications that it does have medical benefit to those that suffer from chronic pain & many other medical problems. Doctors are prescribing medical marijuana to individuals with certain condiditons, because many doctors are starting to realise the benefit of giving a patient a marijuana card versus prescription pain pills--that over long term use destroys hearts & kidneys.

The feds. need to back off of marijuana. Right now it is still classified as a schedule 1 drug right up there with cocaine--meth--& heroin. That's ridiculous.

The above two posts appear to be taking different sides in an argument when in fact, they are both arguing the exact same thing. Modify the law in the way I think it should be and we can solve the problem. Look where that has gotten us so far.

Pride and arrogance are as much a part of the problem as the statues are. A little humility is called for.

So do you get off to locking innocent people in cages with violent criminals or is it just a casual hobby?

See above to realize the effects of marijuana usage.
and it doesn't even need any penalty associated with it for less than a pound of it

I think we should pass a Constitutional amendment which makes marijuana legal in California and prohibits the possibility of it ever being legal anywhere else. That should make everyone happy.

Forum List

Back