The war on Christmas is over, Christmas won.

Misty

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
"This season, merry Christmas — not happy holidays or season's greetings — will dominate retailer's marketing messages. There will be Christmas sales and Christmas trees and Christmas carols galore.

That has the American Family Association, arguably one of the loudest voices advocating the use of Christmas in retailer's marketing messages over the past few years, predicting that its crusade could conclude in the next year or two."

'Christmas' is winning 'The War on Christmas' - Business - Consumer news - Holiday retail - msnbc.com

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Yay! Christmas, a totally overly commercialized and materialistic retail holiday has won. America is now a better place. :banana2:

It doesn't have to be. No one forces you to fall for the hype. Dare to be different, say 'Merry Christmas' and, instead of buy crap for people who have too much crap, buy for those less fortunate.... or volunteer to help those less fortunate.

Merry Christmas!

Everwhere I shop during the Christmas holiday, I saw Merry Christmas to the sales associate who rings up my merchandise. I walked into Walmart ... GASP! ... a couple of weeks ago and of course the whole store was decked out in red and green. But what caught my eye was the big sign hanging down from the ceiling as soon as you walk in. It read MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I with those who ignore the 'hype' when it comes to holiday shopping. I like to keep my holiday simple and pleasurable and stress free. Right masq ... keep telling yourself that. How's about all that baking that you haven't started yet.

Yay! Christmas, a totally overly commercialized and materialistic retail holiday has won. America is now a better place. :banana2:

It's called freedom. You are free to sit in your room and be a grump ass all season too.

I've never stopped saying Merry Christmas. To anyone, anywhere. Never had anyone bash me over the head or scream at me for it either. Nice to see the retailers finally getting it.

Everwhere I shop during the Christmas holiday, I saw Merry Christmas to the sales associate who rings up my merchandise. I walked into Walmart ... GASP! ... a couple of weeks ago and of course the whole store was decked out in red and green. But what caught my eye was the big sign hanging down from the ceiling as soon as you walk in. It read MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I with those who ignore the 'hype' when it comes to holiday shopping. I like to keep my holiday simple and pleasurable and stress free. Right masq ... keep telling yourself that. How's about all that baking that you haven't started yet.

Keep it in proportion. I promise you this... the world will not end due to a lack of baking.

Keep it in proportion. I promise you this... the world will not end due to a lack of baking.
Typically one wouldn't think so, but when you've got folks 'expecting' the sweet decadent confections that I make every year, it would break my heart to see the sadness on their faces. :lol: I get a lot of pleasure in seeing my loved ones gobble down my goodies!

If you really want to give somebody a gift that keeps on giving, and do something in the holiday spirit, and you don't care if you piss them off...

Donate to a charity of your choice, in their name. That way you've done something charitable, and they get a nice card informing them that they will be hounded for donations by that charity for several years to follow.

Merry Christmas y'all.

Yeah that war on Christmas it was horrible wasn't it?

Remember how horrible it was to see all those dead elves and reindeer on our TV screens?

Thank St Nick that's over with.

It's called freedom. You are free to sit in your room and be a grump ass all season too.

I just don't see the big deal about the so called "War on Christmas." It's not like Christmas is actually about Christmas anymore, so who gives a shit.

I just don't see the big deal about the so called "War on Christmas." It's not like Christmas is actually about Christmas anymore, so who gives a shit.

Not me, but I suspect people who actually care about the birth of the baby Jesus and all that stuff probably give two or three shits at least.

Typically one wouldn't think so, but when you've got folks 'expecting' the sweet decadent confections that I make every year, it would break my heart to see the sadness on their faces. :lol: I get a lot of pleasure in seeing my loved ones gobble down my goodies!

Gobble down your goodies?

Oh dear.....

What and you're are not being enough for the whole class present? *gasp* No recipes?

Merry Christmas
:)

Not me, but I suspect people who actually care about the birth of the baby Jesus and all that stuff probably give two or three shits at least.

Are those the same people that flock to retail stores, act like complete assholes, and max out their credit cards to buy tons of cheap plastic shit?

I can for certain tell you one thing here, Christians will not find salvation in a retail store...

If you really want to give somebody a gift that keeps on giving, and do something in the holiday spirit, and you don't care if you piss them off...

Donate to a charity of your choice, in their name. That way you've done something charitable, and they get a nice card informing them that they will be hounded for donations by that charity for several years to follow.

Merry Christmas y'all.

You mean sorta like when my sister gave me two goats for some family in America? I told her to name one Cur and the other Ry

"This season, merry Christmas — not happy holidays or season's greetings — will dominate retailer's marketing messages. There will be Christmas sales and Christmas trees and Christmas carols galore.

That has the American Family Association, arguably one of the loudest voices advocating the use of Christmas in retailer's marketing messages over the past few years, predicting that its crusade could conclude in the next year or two."

'Christmas' is winning 'The War on Christmas' - Business - Consumer news - Holiday retail - msnbc.com

Merry Christmas!!!!!!
Christmas as a marketing ploy...how original.

New Topics

Forum List

Back