The “War of the Blobs”

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City

Saw the article on the CNN feed so I checked it out. We have a record cold blob in the northern Atlantic and a huge warm blob in the Pacific – part of which we call el Niño. There a dozen or so articles about them and I'll let all you “climate experts” come up with the charts and stuff to explain how we humans are responsible – or not.

Should we fear the North Atlantic blob?

Climate scientists warn record cold in ocean may be a sign of changes to ocean currents

Sea south of Greenland is experiencing the coldest temperatures on record

It comes at a time when much of the world has experienced record highs

Scientists fear it may be caused by melting ice and a slowdown in currents

The Gulf Stream system slowing down more than it has for 1,000 years

Read more: Should we fear the record cold North Atlantic blob?

Saw the article on the CNN feed so I checked it out. We have a record cold blob in the northern Atlantic and a huge warm blob in the Pacific – part of which we call el Niño. There a dozen or so articles about them and I'll let all you “climate experts” come up with the charts and stuff to explain how we humans are responsible – or not.

Wow really? A record cold blob in Fall? That's amazing, almost like record snowfalls in Winter. :)

Means SOMETHING no doubt.. Too bad nobody's really studying Climate Science unless it's tied to the political bandwagon of man caused it.. If we UNDERSTOOD the major ocean thermal flows and how they cycle -- we wouldn't have to guess.

Another silly guess (besides the conveyor is broken) is that it will block the warming currents from entering the Arctic Ocean and lead to BUMPER years of Sea Ice production. See the similar area in the Pac. between the Aleuts and Siberia...

Well, the ocean is warming. So is Greenland. And many billions of very cold gallons of water is running off of Greenland. Water that is fresh, and lighter than salt water. So it stays on the surface, where the cooling water, heavy with salt, used to sink. Impedes the flow of the Gulf Stream, thus slowing it down.

What will be the total effects? How long will this last? What will the effects be? Stay tuned folks, we are going to find out.

Means SOMETHING no doubt.. Too bad nobody's really studying Climate Science unless it's tied to the political bandwagon of man caused it.. If we UNDERSTOOD the major ocean thermal flows and how they cycle -- we wouldn't have to guess.

Another silly guess (besides the conveyor is broken) is that it will block the warming currents from entering the Arctic Ocean and lead to BUMPER years of Sea Ice production. See the similar area in the Pac. between the Aleuts and Siberia...
Too bad that you are not reading the articles published by real scientists in the peer reviewed journals, instead of the idiocy by rightwingnut pundits.

Forum List

Back