The War Intensifies. We Babble About Peace and Retreat.

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
by Michael Ledeen
March 17th, 2013

Obama lectures about peace, but the war intensifies. North Korea has cut the hotline with the south, after threatening war, and warns of imminent attack. The Saudis have once again warned Iran to stay away from Abu Musa island. What if they don’t? Meanwhile, a leading cleric warns of domestic unrest in the kingdom (h/t Drudge), where the Iranians have long incited the Shi’a minority to confront the Wahabbi royal family. Small and not-so-small armies are marching over and around Syria. It is said that we are training the Free Syrian Army at a base in Jordan. Cyberattacks against our corporations and government agencies are so common they barely warrant news coverage. Bombs and suicide attacks are daily events in Iraq and Afghanistan. A major Iranian port explodes. The Iranians are shipping Chinese weapons to Shi’a insurgents in Yemen.

Obama, leading with his behind, swears he’s not bluffing, but his actions are those of a man digging deeper into his bomb shelter…adding missile defense on the West Coast, pondering another site on the East Coast. Of the United States. And he locks out American tourists from the White House.

No surprise when the Taliban “welcomed” the new secretary of Defense, Chuck Hagel, to Afghanistan with a lethal attack, apparently causing the cancellation of a press conference with President Karzai. And of course there’s Karzai’s remarkable accusation of American complicity in Taliban murders of Afghan civilians, a testament to the contempt in which he holds the United States, and the fear he rightly feels towards the Iranian-supported terrorists who operate in his capital.

This is not reassuring.

Read more:
Faster, Please! » The War Intensifies. We Babble About Peace and Retreat.

And when are you signing up for the Armed Forces, Dorkwing?

When you sign up, I'll take all your bluster seriously.

Out here in the rest of America, we're kind of sick of seeing our boys coming home in body bags for some other country's interests.

Out here in the rest of America, we're kind of sick of seeing our boys coming home in body bags for some other country's interests.

Then you should be bitchen at Obama ,not the OP. If you want to be taken not a fool.

Where is the America you speak of??

Then you should be bitchen at Obama ,not the OP. If you want to be taken not a fool.

Assuming you are actually gainfully employed, ask you coworkers how many of them want to send their kids off to die in Korea or some shitty Island in the Persian Gulf...

I'm guessing- not many.

by Michael Ledeen
March 17th, 2013

Obama lectures about peace, but the war intensifies. North Korea has cut the hotline with the south, after threatening war, and warns of imminent attack. The Saudis have once again warned Iran to stay away from Abu Musa island. What if they don’t? Meanwhile, a leading cleric warns of domestic unrest in the kingdom (h/t Drudge), where the Iranians have long incited the Shi’a minority to confront the Wahabbi royal family. Small and not-so-small armies are marching over and around Syria. It is said that we are training the Free Syrian Army at a base in Jordan. Cyberattacks against our corporations and government agencies are so common they barely warrant news coverage. Bombs and suicide attacks are daily events in Iraq and Afghanistan. A major Iranian port explodes. The Iranians are shipping Chinese weapons to Shi’a insurgents in Yemen.

Obama, leading with his behind, swears he’s not bluffing, but his actions are those of a man digging deeper into his bomb shelter…adding missile defense on the West Coast, pondering another site on the East Coast. Of the United States. And he locks out American tourists from the White House.

No surprise when the Taliban “welcomed” the new secretary of Defense, Chuck Hagel, to Afghanistan with a lethal attack, apparently causing the cancellation of a press conference with President Karzai. And of course there’s Karzai’s remarkable accusation of American complicity in Taliban murders of Afghan civilians, a testament to the contempt in which he holds the United States, and the fear he rightly feels towards the Iranian-supported terrorists who operate in his capital.

This is not reassuring.

Read more:
Faster, Please! » The War Intensifies. We Babble About Peace and Retreat.

What would you propose the President do? Invade Syria, Iran and North Korea all at once? Nuke 'em till they glow? What's your alternative and how would you deal with the predictable howl from the war-mongering GOP who only discovered the benefits "peace" when their boy left office?

Assuming you are actually gainfully employed, ask you coworkers how many of them want to send their kids off to die in Korea or some shitty Island in the Persian Gulf...

I'm guessing- not many.

What does my ownership of a company have to do with your twisted logic concerning the OP??

Who is in charge of our military??? those are the people you should be blubbering too not the OP

I'm guessing- not many.

What does my ownership of a company have to do with your twisted logic concerning the OP??

Who is in charge of our military??? those are the people you should be blubbering too not the OP

Yeah, you are all successful business owners and drive Lexuses and have 12 inch penises. We get that. The internets, everyone can be a Rock Star. Got it.

Didn't answer my question, though. Ask your co-workers how many of them want to send their sons and daughter off to die over who gets to run Korea.

My guess is... not many.

If South Korea - with all it's wealth and Gangman Style- can't defend itself against an impoverished northern neighbor where they can't even keep the lights on, why is that my problem?

Obama is doing his best to clean up the mess that Bush left him. And South Korea would wipe the floor with the North in any conflict. The North are a starving 60s-era army - the south has a massive technological and qualitative edge.

Forum List

Back