The WAR in IRAQ is not about Oil

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
It is rather about a guilt trip from an American that avoided his expected contribution to American ideals and has now found a way to somehow reconcile all that. Otherwise, it is about oil and all the profits that oil produces. Period.

Convince me otherwise.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
It is rather about a guilt trip from an American that avoided his expected contribution to American ideals and has now found a way to somehow reconcile all that. Otherwise, it is about oil and all the profits that oil produces. Period.

Convince me otherwise.

Psychoblues

Why should we bother? You are already convinced that your analysis is correct and frankly I don't care anymore what you want to believe. If you want to be convinced otherwise do you own research and make up you own mind.

Psychoblues said:
Otherwise, it is about oil and all the profits that oil produces. Period.

Convince me otherwise.

Psychoblues

Psych, I don't think you have the burden of proof placed correctly. I think it's for those on the left who say the war's about oil to show how and why. We on the hard right who say the war's about Israel have made a strong case --- just read the Pat Buchanan article I have referred to in my tagline.

Or "Securing the Realm," written by the Jewish neocons themselves:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article1438.htm

But who's made the case that the war is about oil, besides dumb innuendo from Michael Moore? To make the case, you'd have to show that overthrowing Saddam Hussein is likely to make for favorable conditions for oil companies. But oil companies work well with secular leaders like Hussein and the Saudis. What they don't work well with is nationalist Islamic leaders. But even they've got a price, I'm sure. But really, I don't know about this for sure... if Psychoblues has the case to make, I'll listen to it. I'm just more convinced that the war's about Israel, so I don't endeavor to study the "war is about oil" chant.

"The war is about oil" is just cheap, lazy analysis from the pot-soaked college left who find it convenient to demonize anything having to do with business or the environment, which makes oil an easy target. It's a good mindless chant for peace rallies. It's also got currency because it's so fucking harmless: NOBODY will get exercised about a bunch of hippies running around saying "no blood for oil." And there's even some intuitive appeal for middle America: most people think, probably rightly, that money is a secret motivator for lots of things that travel as high ideals. "No war for oil" is fake dissent.

What's far more dangerous and threatening is to place blame for the war where it belongs: on the clutch of dedicated Jewish activists in the media, the White House and the Pentagon who see Saddam Hussein as the No. 1 threat to Israel. This is the sort of dissent that will get you fired from your job or drummed out of proper Washington. In America, no matter how true it is, you can't ever say the Jews are disloyal to this country, are sneaky or controlling, or are anything other than beloved oppressed people. Look at the masthead of any newspaper or the production team of any TV show or the producers of any movie: Jews, Jews, Jews. Does it stand to reason that they'd prefer to deflect attention from themselves? Pat Buchanan is about the only guy around who comes close to saying the truth about this (and stays on TV), and they probably only keep him around because if he were booted, even a lot of mainstream conservatives would really start to think hard about the nature and extent of Jewish control.

And for those conservatives who are afraid of "the Jewish issue", think about this: the producer of Michael Moore's 911 movie was one Harvey Weinstein, a huge (literally) Jewish Hollywood mogul who was probably keen to help Moore in his attempt to make it look like the Iraq War was all about evil Saudi Arabians and greedy, racist corporations. Instead of greedy, racist Jews, which is closer to the truth.

You don't have to be a "Jew hater" to see all of this. You just have to ready to think past the taboo on Jews and recognize that they are a cohesive, smart, dedicated group of people whose interests are not always lined up with the rest of America's --- but who've got the power and influence to make it appear that they are.

Psychoblues said:

Convince me otherwise.

Psychoblues

You're making the statement here, not anyone else. Post your facts to support your accusation.

Psychoblues said:
Convince me otherwise.
Psychoblues

i say the war is about stupidity....i say you are winning....convince me otherwise

It's only partially about oil. It's also about establishing a permanent military presence in the region in order to secure oil resources with the unstated goal of limiting the economic growth and power of the Chinese economy by controlling their access to Middle Eastern oil.

Bullypulpit said:
It's only partially about oil. It's also about establishing a permanent military presence in the region in order to secure oil resources with the unstated goal of limiting the economic growth and power of the Chinese economy by controlling their access to Middle Eastern oil.

That sounds like a great plan to me but I have to wonder where you got this inside information....

Psycho Wrote:
It is rather about a guilt trip from an American that avoided his expected contribution to American ideals and has now found a way to somehow reconcile all that.

You are, of course, referring to former President Bill Clinton? Who fled the nation rather than go to war and then proceeded to make numerous anti-military, anti-US statements while abroad...and that explains why he had a policy regarding Iraq which included the potential necessity to remove Saddam Hussein from power because of his potential to create WMD?

That must be what you are referring to...because the current President of the United States was accepted to and served in the Texas Air National Guard, requesting to be sent to Vietnam twice and being turned down both times. Refusing to give up the ghost on this topic...which has been tested, been found wanting, and has been discarded by all but the most rabid and most stupid on the left...is pathetic.

There are a myriad of reasons why the United States Congress voted to send the United States to war with Iraq. Weapons of Mass Destruction was one, not the only one, just one reason. Your imaginary dream of Bush's desire to make up for past wrongs pushing us to war...was not.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM

Forum List

Back