The War In Iraq has been won ....

Tech_Esq

Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Jul 10, 2008
Northern Virginia
Or so says a long-time embedded blogger on the subject and one time extremely harsh critic of Army policy in Iraq, Michael Yon.

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/

For those of you who do not know Michael Yon, he is an ex-Special Forces soldier and has been embedded with the troops since the beginning. His harsh criticism of the military once got him banned. He has always send no-holds-barred news direct from the front. He was close enough to the front that he once was forced to pick up a weapon (though he was subsequently warned to never do it again or risk permanent expulsion) when a the battalion commander he was traveling with was shot and he and the entire command were caught in a crossfire.

Michael Yon is an observer who knows whatof he speaks when he declares victory and I have no reason to believe he does it lightly or for any other reason than that it is true. Why? Because the soldiers he embeds with read his column. If it wasn't true, he'd have to go face them. That has a tendancy to keep you honest.

So, Harry Reid, does the war remain lost or has it gotten inexplicably better?

The war in Iraq was won when the Iraqi people turned against the Al Qaida.
There is no war now.
Most of the troops are construction supervisors and/or trainers.

as for as I am concerned the war was won when the Iraqi military was destroyed and Saddam removed from power. At that point the occupation and rebuilding started, and it is that we are in danger of losing. I blame Bush for not having a plan, or any concept of what it would take to win the after math of the war.

I guess he thought Iraqis would just wave flags and love us. fool.

Forum List

Back