The Wallet Test

The Japanese are very Honorable people.............I was stationed there and they are absolutely great.

I dropped my english to Japanese book and this little old lady ran me down to give it back to me..........I was amazed...........

Good thread and spot on.

I found a wallet and gave it to my mom, never looked inside. I lost mine once while riding my bicycle drunk and some guy called me and gave it back. So it does happen but I'm sure less than an Asian country.

I have had 2 experiences. My boyfriend and I found a wallet at an amusement park. We went straight to the front gate / managers office to turn it in (we even had to go clear to the other side of the park to do it)

I left my purse on the roof of my car and took off. Got to my destination and realized what I had done. Talked to my mom who said let's go to the police station, you never know, and they did have it! Someone had turned it in.

In Japan and South Korea within walking distance of the Air Base, most of the vendors speak excellent American English so you know exactly what you need to pay. When you get further away, it's rare. When shopping in a non English speaking store or restaurant, I used to hold out my wallet and open it up for the cashier to take whatever they needed. They were all honest to the core. I got "hollered back" a few times because I was turning to leave before my change was ready. They don't want or need what they haven't honestly earned. What a concept, eh?

Forum List

Back