The walking dead season 8

It auto corrected hope. I hope they kill Eugene

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Can you believe he escaped? WTH? Eugene suddenly has balls. Go figure.

That was a not so good part is an actually pretty good episode. I liked the gays guys story (forgot his name). The walkers were a real threat again. Carl’s note was touching. I like Negan and Simon’s fight. Everyone and their brother knew Dwight was in for.

Eugene proved again is he most loved to hate character. His escape was stupid. He pukes in her and she is going to just let him run and he was able to cover himself that quickly. Poor writing.

Please kill him

That escape was ridiculous. I think it was just put in to show Eugene's motivation for being all-in to get rid of Rick's group and Hilltop in general, and maybe for someone in the group eventually offing Eugene.

These writers can't seem to decide what kind of character Negan is. So much inconsistency.

You were thinking of Aaron, he's the one trying to get the swamp women to join the fight.

The escape made me roll my eyes. He pukes on her and that how he creates space? Then the most unathletic guy on the show can out run 2 of the most athletic? Then he is able to
cover himself that well that quickly? Beyond ridiculous.

Puking on her was actually a pretty good tactic IMO, and the kind of thing Eugene would do. Who wouldn't pull back in disgust when someone pukes on them? And he wasn't supposed to be outrunning Rosita so much as outmaneuvering her, since he knew the walkers were coming to get in her way. However, there only seemed to be 2 walkers, which took her maybe 5 seconds to knock down. If she had walked into a mob, that would have been different. And the thorough covering of himself Eugene did was crazy.

Then there's the question of why Darryl wasn't able to track Eugene.

Oh I forgot about that last part. Daryl is a tracker and Eugene ran through lose dirt. His tracks would have been everywhere! Smh

Not impressed. If the writers don't do something soon....well.
And I still loathe FTWD and haven't watched past season 1.

FTWD has improved, but I understand not watching it.

Apparently this was the worst rated season finale since the first season: ‘Walking Dead’ Season 8 Finale Ratings Lowest Since Season 1

There is supposedly going to be a change in the show, with a new showrunner, so I'm holding out hope for improvement next season.

The first episode of FTWD's new season, with Morgan and introducing other new characters, was pretty good. We'll see how it goes as the season progresses. :dunno:

I did watch that episode just to see the transition. I won't bother watching further. None of the people that are on that show are anyone I want to root for. And I loathe madison. She wants to be another rick. I guess she will get that wish but not many will watch her attempt it.
As far as Rick is concerned...meh. He is totally boring now. Hell, all of them are. And turning maggie into another governor in female form, with daryl and jesus plotting against rick just is not enough any more to save this show. Such a shame too. The writers should have gotten a clue by now but I guess it has flown over their heads just how bad this thing is now.

I did watch that episode just to see the transition. I won't bother watching further. None of the people that are on that show are anyone I want to root for. And I loathe madison. She wants to be another rick. I guess she will get that wish but not many will watch her attempt it.
As far as Rick is concerned...meh. He is totally boring now. Hell, all of them are. And turning maggie into another governor in female form, with daryl and jesus plotting against rick just is not enough any more to save this show. Such a shame too. The writers should have gotten a clue by now but I guess it has flown over their heads just how bad this thing is now.

Maggie is far from the Gov. She took in prisoners and fed and protected them. She just desires the death of the man who bashed in her husband’s head in front of her. A person who is really too dangerous to keep alive

I enjoyed the FTWD premiere. It basically continued morgans story where the WD finale ended.
Im just wondering about timelines.. seems off.

FTWD has improved, but I understand not watching it.

Apparently this was the worst rated season finale since the first season: ‘Walking Dead’ Season 8 Finale Ratings Lowest Since Season 1

There is supposedly going to be a change in the show, with a new showrunner, so I'm holding out hope for improvement next season.

The first episode of FTWD's new season, with Morgan and introducing other new characters, was pretty good. We'll see how it goes as the season progresses. :dunno:

I can't wait to see how it progresses with Morgan. I actually think that Fear has gotten better since they got rid of Travis. Lol. I was never a fan of Travis.

Here's what I would love to hear from all the haters of TWD or FTWD or GOT or BB or XF or whatever!

Let's hear the way you would script the story to make it better than what is being shown. Make up some stuff that should be put on screen and make the producers jealous! Let's hear the ideas that are better than what's on TV!!

Otherwise, it's a lot of haters saying shit about shows just because they have diarrhea of the mouth, or fingers... And want to piss people off for attention... :)

I have been watching the show from day one.

Last season and this season I have pretty well been disappointed in it. It is like the writers have phoned in the scripts while sitting on the beach in the Bahamas.

I watch it because I can record it and skip through the commercials. If I had to endure the the 50 minutes of commercials for ten minutes of the show I wouldn't bother to watch it.

A far as improving the story there are many other avenues the story could go. The story should about survival after the fall of civilization rather than dealing with stupid and often times silly human v human conflict.

It is time to put an end to the series. Either that or fire the existing writers and get some people that actually give a shit.

Yea that last episode was just garbage. Simply awful. Rick’s crashes into Negan car some how is able to go on the slowest car chase in history. Why didn’t Negan Judy slam on the break and Rick would have been caught btw 40 Saviors. Not to mention his plan required pinpoint precision to which the likelihood of success is low. I mean if he was off by 5 secs he would have slammed into a different car.

Then why the hell doesn’t Negan car a gun also?!?!?!? He is going to war. Just plain stupid.

Then the fight. Why the hell was Rick wasting all his ammo when chasing an unarmed Negan when he didn’t have a clear shot.

Then Negan falls at least 3 stories and has just minor bruising! Come one. He would have had 2 broken bones throughout his legs.

Then Jadis some how shows up at the precise right time and captures Negan at gun point. Which is all done before Rick can get there.

The show has gotten so bad it is ridiculous

I quoted you because I DVR'd all of the second half of season 8 and this is the last episode I watched. Trying not to read ahead...

I agree the show has gone down hill mainly due to poor writing. They should have buried Carl at the end of the first half of season 8. By the time 3 months passed I wasn't emotionally invested in Carl's death anymore. Once we knew he had been bitten we knew his fate. There's was no need to spend an entire episode on it 3 months later.

The chase scene with Rick and Negan was incredibly anti-climatic. If the writer's stay true to form, they won't kill Negan this early in the season. I never actually believed one of them was going to die in that fight scene.

For a show that once prided itself on the unexpected, it has become entirely predicable. They horribly mismanaged the deaths of Glenn and Abraham. The cliff hanger wasn't much of a cliff hanger when news spread over the summer that those two actors weren't showing up to the sets anymore. The shock of their deaths wasn't so shocking after all. Had they shown their deaths at the end of that season without the cliff hanger it may have been one of the best and most shocking scenes ever.

And... what the hell is Morgan doing on FTWD??? I started watching that Sunday Night and realized I had to watch all my Walking Dead episodes before starting FTWD.

Anyway, I'll continue to DVR the shows and fast forward through commercial. Like someone said, I can't invest 8 season and not know what happens. I'll binge watch the remaining episodes before I post here again.

I know you have to suspend belief watching this show. That is a given.

However, the thing that bothers me the most is all the human v human conflict in the series.

You would think that with 90% (maybe more) of the humans turned into zombies then the remaining humans would ban together and cooperate instead of killing one another.

This series should have been about survival, not war. That would have made a great story for three, maybe four seasons.

The other thing that is also hard to swallow is the fact that the zombies bodies did not deteriorate within the first six month and that they made it through several winters. A body is a body and needs food, water and warmth regardless of the brain activity.

Of course when you watch a show about zombie hordes you should not expect it to be like reality.

Kind of like watching a movie about something that happened a long time ago in a galaxy far far away and seeing Negroes, Caucasians, Orientals and even a few Hispanics. The same racial evolution that we had here on earth.

I know you have to suspend belief watching this show. That is a given.

However, the thing that bothers me the most is all the human v human conflict in the series.

You would think that with 90% (maybe more) of the humans turned into zombies then the remaining humans would ban together and cooperate instead of killing one another.

This series should have been about survival, not war. That would have made a great story for three, maybe four seasons.

The other thing that is also hard to swallow is the fact that the zombies bodies did not deteriorate within the first six month and that they made it through several winters. A body is a body and needs food, water and warmth regardless of the brain activity.

Of course when you watch a show about zombie hordes you should not expect it to be like reality.

Kind of like watching a movie about something that happened a long time ago in a galaxy far far away and seeing Negroes, Caucasians, Orientals and even a few Hispanics. The same racial evolution that we had here on earth.

Do you really think that after some sort of cataclysmic event, where most of the population dies, that those who remain would "ban together and cooperate"? What parts of the history of human interactions lead you to that conclusion? :)

I think the way things work in TWD, as far as human interaction, is reasonable enough. There are communities that do band together and cooperate, and smaller groups, but there is also conflict. This is a world of very limited resources, particularly when a good deal of the population probably does not have much in the way of experience trying to live off the land. That's almost bound to lead to conflict. It's also a world without law. That leaves openings for strongmen and those interested in power.

There are many problems with the writing, but I don't think that humanity continuing its history of fighting among itself is one of them.

The purpose of the bad writing is to extend the show for as long as it remains a cash-cow.

And as long as it remains entertaining enough, people will continue to watch.

I mean, if I wanted to write it the correct way, the show would have lasted maybe 3 seasons. But for sure, there is an end-game, because the zombies will continue to rot and deteriorate until they have no muscle left to guide their bones. Of course there will be new zombies from getting bit or dying of old age, but the epidemic is basically over. All they need to do is move up into Canada, and let the cold freeze the zombies. And then they can do Survivorman episodes on how to live and survive in the frozen forests minus zombies.

But then, it would not be a show about zombies anymore. So do you want a zombie show, or a survival show? For the latter, there are plenty of choices. I certainly would not stick around in the South during a zombie apocalypse. But it is necessary bad writing for the show to continue....

Last edited:
Sry to resurrect a dead thread...

S09e01 was pretty good.... waddaya think?

Forum List

Back