The Walking Dead - Season 7

Woo hoo! The Walking Dead is back on tonight! :2up: I wonder how many of you who keep complaining about everything about the show will watch? ;)

I'm still watching, but it is getting a bit dull. I guess they need to deal with the Governor, oops, I mean Negan. Sanctuary turned out to be real bad, OOPS, I mean the Saviors. The survivors just want peace but the Wolves won't let them, OOPS, I mean the Saviors won't let them...

:eusa_whistle:

I don't even remember what the deal was with the Wolves. Were they just a few cannibals? Were they somehow connected to the Saviors? It's all become a blur. :lol:

They breached the wall at hilltop. They were either wiped out or absorbed by the Saviors.

My point is that running the same plot endlessly is the foundation of comic books, but it's getting old for a TV series. They really need some creativity in the show.
What the fuck else is there really to have as a storyline? Most people are dead. There's zombies, and there's survivors that are going to most likely to form groups. The only thing they could maybe add to the story is that they discover that there's still some form of working government somewhere. They're close enough to D.C. that it would be plausible that they would find that. But I do agree though that at some point they have to expand beyond the plot line that it's just people surviving in different groups with the occasional zombie horde

Not too much to say about last night's episode. That part where Michone and Rick drove those cars with the cable and mow down all the zombies was cool though!

That was the only part of the episode that really annoyed me. It was so clearly something they wanted to show and tried to figure out a way to force it into the story. It also didn't make any damn sense. What, the horde or zombies have no mass, so a couple of sedans can drive through them without resistance? The writers always make the zombies seem to be made out of tissue paper whenever it suits them. :p

Well, I guess one other part annoyed me. The main group goes to the kingdom to try and get help.....and they expect an immediate response to their asking for help fighting the saviors? What the hell, Rick tells a story he heard as a kid and this relatively peaceful community should suddenly risk their lives fighting against the biggest, baddest group in the area with a bunch of strangers? A little more discussion, a getting to know each other period, certainly seemed warranted.

Otherwise, it was nice to see that things are moving along and we aren't going to just have episode after episode of the saviors trying to beat down Alexandria.

I was annoyed by that too (cable mowing down a horde)...the resistance would have waaay overwhelmed the weight/power of the cars.

Yeah, they always ruin science fiction shows with stuff that isn't believable.

Woo hoo! The Walking Dead is back on tonight! :2up: I wonder how many of you who keep complaining about everything about the show will watch? ;)

I'm still watching, but it is getting a bit dull. I guess they need to deal with the Governor, oops, I mean Negan. Sanctuary turned out to be real bad, OOPS, I mean the Saviors. The survivors just want peace but the Wolves won't let them, OOPS, I mean the Saviors won't let them...

:eusa_whistle:

I don't even remember what the deal was with the Wolves. Were they just a few cannibals? Were they somehow connected to the Saviors? It's all become a blur. :lol:

They breached the wall at hilltop. They were either wiped out or absorbed by the Saviors.

My point is that running the same plot endlessly is the foundation of comic books, but it's getting old for a TV series. They really need some creativity in the show.
What the fuck else is there really to have as a storyline? Most people are dead. There's zombies, and there's survivors that are going to most likely to form groups. The only thing they could maybe add to the story is that they discover that there's still some form of working government somewhere. They're close enough to D.C. that it would be plausible that they would find that. But I do agree though that at some point they have to expand beyond the plot line that it's just people surviving in different groups with the occasional zombie horde

It's not about the story. It's about how long you can drag out the series.

That's what I like about mini-series. Beginning - middle - end. It's done.

I still enjoy the show. I'm glad the new season has finally started. Watching Walking Dead is my Sunday night tradition (when football isn't on).

It's certainly not a bad show, it just hasn't been able to maintain the same level of quality as some of the earlier seasons. Lower quality TWD is still leaps and bounds above 90% of other TV shows. :)

I wonder Eugene's story. Is he up to something or does he like his new power status and will embrace the Saviors?

He was always a coward, but he seemed to be loyal to the members of the group. He had a chance to off Negan and turned it down. He rationalized the killing of his friends, since Rick and Crew killed 30-40 Saviors.

My bet is his turn to the dark side is genuine and he will be the next character you love to hate.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I wonder Eugene's story. Is he up to something or does he like his new power status and will embrace the Saviors?

He was always a coward, but he seemed to be loyal to the members of the group. He had a chance to off Negan and turned it down. He rationalized the killing of his friends, since Rick and Crew killed 30-40 Saviors.

My bet is his turn to the dark side is genuine and he will be the next character you love to hate.

I doubt it. I think he is going to team up with Dwight and screw over Negan.

He just doesn't have it in him. He is just too scared to act on his own.

I hope he stays loyal to Rick and the group. I thought maybe he was telling Negan what he knew Negan wanted to hear. He may be a coward, but I still like him, and hope he doesn't turn to the dark side.

I doubt it. I think he is going to team up with Dwight and screw over Negan.

He just doesn't have it in him. He is just too scared to act on his own.

Why didn't he help the wives kill him? Negan has his guard down by the wives. It could have worked.

I hope he stays loyal to Rick and the group. I thought maybe he was telling Negan what he knew Negan wanted to hear. He may be a coward, but I still like him, and hope he doesn't turn to the dark side.

I agree I like his character, but I think his move to the dark side is legit.

I'd have to disagree, I think it was a boring as hell episode.
Soap Opera'ish. The very thing I fear the series will become...a soap opera

Not a bad episode. I am glad to see Morgan and Carol have dropped the hippie shit and are back on the warpath.

I forget his name, but what the one guy was trying to do was honorable. He thought he would be the one to get punished. He has justifiably tried to convince the King to fight. He needed a victim and he basically volunteered.

I'm pretty concerned about Morgan. Seems like he's losing it a little bit. He needs to pull himself together.

Morgan's whole "don't kill" thing seemed to be the only thing keeping him sane.

The phrase he uses and the kid he trained and mentored repeated about striking someone is as striking yourself comes from my 1996 Teachers Resources on Bullying and social behavior science essays: this one particularly comes from my
"COMING TOGETHER AS ONE" website.
which states :
"Therefore striking at one portion of people in this whole organism is like striking a part of your own body and only damaging yourself and God (Essence to be complete & stable) who’s part of everything".
Of course the full page context has to be read in conjunction with this snipet.

Forum List

Back