The Walking Dead - Season 7

My son gave me a letter opener modeled after Michonne's sword. What do they call it? A katana?

I love it. When she's not armed with it, I feel anxious for her.

Daryl probably stinks to high heaven, but I'd still hit it. He's such a man.

Did anyone actually care that Sasha died?

Honestly I only think people would miss Daryl and Carol. Everyone else would be expendable.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I barely even noticed she was gone. I never thought she added much to the group. She was constantly a head case. Like fucking get over it bitch the world ended its been how many years now? I would miss Rick though.

Multi-episode storylines allow for much greater depth. They also allow for much greater disappointment. :dunno:

Well in my opinion the 4 or 6 or even 10 part mini-series is how you accomplish that. Tell me up front that this story has an ending, and how far away it is.

TWD has turned into 'Lost' and I'm sure I'm not the first person to say that.

I'm not sure how TWD has turned into Lost. Lost became a disjointed mess, TWD still has a fairly clear story. The problems TWD has are not because of a loss of cohesion, but more because of a general laziness and predictability in writing.

Well the two are doing the same thing via two different paths. Both are dragging out the story, whatever it is or was, to milk the commercial value...

Lost did it by going all over the place with, as you say, a disjointed mess.

TWD is doing it by recycling the same plot line, in different garb, over and over and over again.

That's fair enough.

I do think there is a huge difference, however. Lost was always moving toward some sort of conclusion. From the first episodes, the audience was trying to figure out what was happening on the island. With TWD, there is no such conclusion. I don't think people are wondering how things will resolve; the premise itself is open-ended. The zombie apocalypse has occurred, the show is about the lives of characters trying to survive in the new world.

Of course the show runners are going to want to keep it going as long as they can keep making money. TWD has been on for a while, but not nearly as long as other shows; at 7 seasons and 99 episodes, TWD doesn't even come close to long-running shows like The Simpsons, Law and Order, or older shows such as Gunsmoke, which ran for 20 years and over 600 episodes. Even one of my favorite shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which also ran for 7 seasons, had almost half again as many episodes at 144. The Walking Dead may well have many years before it finally ends.

The thing was, with a show like Gunsmoke, as best I recall, you could sit down, watch one episode, and it was like reading a short story. You could miss any number of episodes and it wouldn't matter when you watched the next ones.

I love the Onion's take on 'Lost':

Poor Bastard Who Just Started Watching Lost In For World Of Disappointment

What the hell is gunsmoke? I will have to google that.

Even if you watch every lost you still wouldn't know the whole story, they rushed through so many things like the why thyme numbers were magical and bad luck.

Well in my opinion the 4 or 6 or even 10 part mini-series is how you accomplish that. Tell me up front that this story has an ending, and how far away it is.

TWD has turned into 'Lost' and I'm sure I'm not the first person to say that.

I'm not sure how TWD has turned into Lost. Lost became a disjointed mess, TWD still has a fairly clear story. The problems TWD has are not because of a loss of cohesion, but more because of a general laziness and predictability in writing.

Well the two are doing the same thing via two different paths. Both are dragging out the story, whatever it is or was, to milk the commercial value...

Lost did it by going all over the place with, as you say, a disjointed mess.

TWD is doing it by recycling the same plot line, in different garb, over and over and over again.

That's fair enough.

I do think there is a huge difference, however. Lost was always moving toward some sort of conclusion. From the first episodes, the audience was trying to figure out what was happening on the island. With TWD, there is no such conclusion. I don't think people are wondering how things will resolve; the premise itself is open-ended. The zombie apocalypse has occurred, the show is about the lives of characters trying to survive in the new world.

Of course the show runners are going to want to keep it going as long as they can keep making money. TWD has been on for a while, but not nearly as long as other shows; at 7 seasons and 99 episodes, TWD doesn't even come close to long-running shows like The Simpsons, Law and Order, or older shows such as Gunsmoke, which ran for 20 years and over 600 episodes. Even one of my favorite shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which also ran for 7 seasons, had almost half again as many episodes at 144. The Walking Dead may well have many years before it finally ends.

The thing was, with a show like Gunsmoke, as best I recall, you could sit down, watch one episode, and it was like reading a short story. You could miss any number of episodes and it wouldn't matter when you watched the next ones.

I love the Onion's take on 'Lost':

Poor Bastard Who Just Started Watching Lost In For World Of Disappointment

What the hell is gunsmoke? I will have to google that.

Even if you watch every lost you still wouldn't know the whole story, they rushed through so many things like the why thyme numbers were magical and bad luck.

Gunsmoke was the longest running scripted US TV show ever. It went for 20 seasons with 635 episodes. 13 longest-running scripted TV shows of all time

The Simpsons is catching up in episodes, and has had quite a few more seasons.

Of course, various news programs have run longer, as have some daytime soaps.

Well, I finally got around to watching Season 7. I stopped after episode 3.

Negan has completely ruined the show for me. He is one of the dumbest, most annoying, most poorly written dialog characters in the history of television.

If I was one of his hostages, I would beg him to kill me just so I would not have to listen to his boring shit any more.

Negan has completely ruined the show for me. He is one of the dumbest, most annoying, most poorly written dialog characters in the history of television.

If I was one of his hostages, I would beg him to kill me just so I would not have to listen to his boring shit any more.

While I think that is incredibly exaggerated (in the history of television? :lol:), Negan certainly is an annoying bad guy.

If you think season 7 is bad, just wait to you watch season 8 and all the big speeches it is god awful.

Yes Negan is horrible. The Gov was charismatic. The hunters had a terrifying angle to them. The Wolves has a cool invasion and fight scene. Negan and the Saviors suck.

Forum List

Back