The Walking Dead Season 5

Mid-season finale came and went and this is how I sum up the 1st half of the season. First 3 episodes of the season were rock solid and awesome. The rest of the 1st half was dry, boring and over all sucked. The death of Beth was anti-climatic. Her death was unnatural and unnecessary.

They now have another Black character: Michonne, Sasha, Tyreese, Noah and Morgan. I honestly think the show is trying to make up for the make-believe bullshit calls of racism for to quickly killing off black characters. I truly believe it's PCness at this point. Don't get me wrong, Tyreese and Morgan are two of my favs and I like Noah!

Oy. What the hell is the purpose of that wienie preacher? Let him die soon and off my screen. What a pansy chickenshit.

And Beth dying. Um. Ok. No biggie for me, anyway. They left her off too many shows to truly miss her much. And Maggie's fake breakdown. Not once did she ever mention Beth. Guess it wasn't in the script.

Just watched Talking Dead, PROMINENT gay character to be introduced soon.

Really? Will you please shove some more of this politically correct bullshit that has absolutely no place in this show down my throat....
And don't tell me it's not forced pc bullshit because if it wasn't the producer wouldn't have gone out of his way to explain the sexuality of a character that hasn't even been introduced yet. No other characters sexual preferences have been announced yet "this" new character does? WTF

Whats the purpose of a gay person without another one for potential hookup romance? And since when is battling zombies a sexual preference thing? Oy.

While I didn't see anything wrong with Beth's character, I'm so glad the whole hospital arc seems to be over. It was terrible. They tried to shoehorn in far too much and left too much to the imagination, for a character that hadn't been all that prominent before. It was also a ridiculously stupid death.

I'm guessing that both the preacher and the hospital were used to show what clinging to the past, the old way of the world, does in the post-zombie world. That the preacher is still around could be for a number of reasons; to show his transition to a survivor like the rest of the group, or maybe as a counter to the callousness and pessimism which is an outgrowth of the lives they lead.

Beth has been absent far too long for the hoopla of her being killed off. Like, big whoop. And why did daryl cry being interviewed that thats all he did when he found out who was being offed?

The whole season this go round seemed kinda empty, rushed, and boring.

Whats the purpose of a gay person without another one for potential hookup romance? And since when is battling zombies a sexual preference thing? Oy.

Isn't the girl who came to the group from the Governor's last group gay? I thought she'd had a girlfriend before.
No clue. I don't pay much attention the sex parts of this zombie show. It is fast losing interest to me.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

NOT BETH!

Did NOT see that one coming! Did anyone watch The Talking Dead w/Emily Kinney? She is so sweet, got so emotional talking about it.

ACK!!! I don't want her dead. :sad: At least she won't turn.
I saw it like 12 pages ago. And YEEEESSS thank God it happened. And of course she got emotional. She just lost her job.

Just watched Talking Dead, PROMINENT gay character to be introduced soon.

Really? Will you please shove some more of this politically correct bullshit that has absolutely no place in this show down my throat....
And don't tell me it's not forced pc bullshit because if it wasn't the producer wouldn't have gone out of his way to explain the sexuality of a character that hasn't even been introduced yet. No other characters sexual preferences have been announced yet "this" new character does? WTF
Noah and Rick become the first post apocalyptic gay interracial couple

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

I wasn't surprised that Beth was offed, but I was kind of shocked about how it happened. :ack-1: It seemed to happen SO quickly. I won't really miss her that much, TBH. She was actually one of my least favorite characters on the show.

Beth has been absent far too long for the hoopla of her being killed off. Like, big whoop. And why did daryl cry being interviewed that thats all he did when he found out who was being offed?

The whole season this go round seemed kinda empty, rushed, and boring.

Well Beth has been part of the cast for like 3-4 years now, hes probably sad she will be leaving, its like losing a close co worker you've worked with for years.

Daryl and Beth got very close over the past season or two, he was like a big brother to her. Of course he bawled. Why is anyone surprised at his reaction? Beth was well-loved by everyone within the group, but especially Daryl.

I liked Beth. She was the innocence of the show but grew from that into a much stronger fighter, gaining a lot of confidence along the way.

When Dawn shot her, I think it was just 'cop reflex', Dawn just reacted to Beth stabbing her (still not sure why Beth did that ... what did she mean when she said 'I get it now'?).

The whole 'bad cop' thing at the hospital ... meh, didn't really pull me in, was kind of just waiting for that to be over so the gang could carry on.

Didn't see all of The Talking Dead ... they're introducing another gay character? Why? What's the point? I stop watching another show because of their shoving of the gay down viewers throats. Hope TWD doesn't make the same mistake.

91a6968024bc613835f5410c0feaadb3.jpg

I like the way Rick took care of the running cop, did you guys notice when he said "You can't go back Bob", thats exactly what Gareth said in the season opener to the groups Bob.

Daryl and Beth got very close over the past season or two, he was like a big brother to her. Of course he bawled. Why is anyone surprised at his reaction? Beth was well-loved by everyone within the group, but especially Daryl.

I liked Beth. She was the innocence of the show but grew from that into a much stronger fighter, gaining a lot of confidence along the way.

When Dawn shot her, I think it was just 'cop reflex', Dawn just reacted to Beth stabbing her (still not sure why Beth did that ... what did she mean when she said 'I get it now'?).

The whole 'bad cop' thing at the hospital ... meh, didn't really pull me in, was kind of just waiting for that to be over so the gang could carry on.

Didn't see all of The Talking Dead ... they're introducing another gay character? Why? What's the point? I stop watching another show because of their shoving of the gay down viewers throats. Hope TWD doesn't make the same mistake.

91a6968024bc613835f5410c0feaadb3.jpg

From what I understand people wanted Darly to be gay, so instead their bringing in a character from the comic who is gay Jesus. They already have the lesbian character Tara so I don't get it.

Also when Dawn shot Beth she looked very regretful right after but Daryl didn't care as soon as that happened he went into full blown Rick mode. I wonder if Daryl is gonna start being more hardcore like Rick is right now.

Forum List

Back