THE VOICE! Daughter is Auditioning!!!!

Caroljo

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2009
Michigan
My daughter Angela is traveling to Chicago this weekend for The Voice auditions! She was going to go last year but it didn't work out....her brother is taking her, which i feel better about because at least he knows Chicago a little bit! :) I'm so excited for her because this really is her dream....and she's very good!

About 5 yrs ago we went to Cleveland so she could try out for American Idol...what a FARCE! It was so unorganized, and she had to sing infront of a couple people in the middle of Brown Stadium, just to be told she did a fantastic job, her voice is beautiful, but she wasn't what they were looking for. I'm not kidding, those tryouts for Idol are crazy!!

But for the Voice, she has a time to be there, along with so many others, and they are guaranteed to be finished within 4 hrs. So....her time is 7am to 11am, if she makes it she will have to stay another day. If not, she knows she'll be home around 5pm.

She sings just about anything, but i think she's the best at country and blues.......

Awesome! I wish her the best! Please keep us updated how it goes! I'll vote for her if she gets through :)

Just told her what you said....she says THANKS!!! Of course everyone will know how it goes....it might end this weekend or go on for MONTHS! :)

Cool!! its great you support her dreams.

I'd say good luck,but I bet that won't have a thing to do with her success's.

The luck she'll need is with the WEATHER! It's about a 3 hr drive to Chicago and she and her brother were going to leave about 3am to get there in time, and now we're supposed to get some icy, snowy crap around that time!!! They may leave this afternoon and stay at a friends near there....I'll be really bummed for her if the weather keeps her from going, she'd wanted to go last year too and something came up that stopped her!

Well the weather is ok and i just got a text from her....they're almost to Chicago! Now it's just a waiting game :) Thanks everyone for the good wishes and i'll let ya know what happens! If she gets selected today, she'll have to stay until tomorrow and sing a couple more songs for some judges......then she'll come home. They let you know by a phone call or letter if you're selected for the show....

A little late to the party so how did our singing Angel(a) do? :eusa_pray:

You're not late....she hasn't sang yet! :) She auditions sometime between 7 am to 11 am this morning, then if selected then she sings a couple more songs tomorrow, then waits to see if she made it to the show this spring! I'll know more later this morning.....

*******UPDATE********

Well.....she is on her way home now....BUT!
She said her and another guy was asked to stay back and they had them each sing another song, she got lots of compliments and was told that her and the guy were a MAYBE. They'll contact her this week and she may have to go back there near the end of the week and do another audition!! She's really excited, even if she doesn't get called back it was really encouraging to her that they are considering her :). So this isn't over yet!!!! I'm sooooo excited for her!

Forum List

Back