The Virginia Tech Massacre, April 16th, 2007 Another Step In Removing USA Gun Rights

The liberal media has started pushing the anti gun talking points

ABCNews.com Jumps to Push Gun Control; On TV Tapper Notes Greater Access Option
Posted by Brent Baker on April 16, 2007 - 20:25.
Monday afternoon ABCNews.com was quick to put up a speculative posting, without any real knowledge of what the shooter used, headlined, “Lapse of Federal Law Allows Sale of Large Ammo Clips” (NewsBusters item), and a bit later ABCNews.com posted an interactive poll with a very leading question: “Do you think this incident is a reason to pass stricter gun control legislation?” But in a World News story, while Jake Tapper highlighted calls for stricter gun laws, he also gave equal time to calls “for greater access to guns” so people can protect themselves and he undermined ABC's idle ammo clip posting by pointing out how since “politicians don't necessarily know the details” of what really occurred, “they don't know whether any laws were broken or any loopholes need to be closed.” Tapper also discredited the assumption of the unscientific ABCNews.com poll, citing how a Gallup survey found the public is “more inclined to blame these incidents on the ways parents raise their children or on popular culture than on the availability of guns.”

After recalling how following the Columbine shooting, then-President Bill Clinton “called for the Republican-controlled Congress to close the loophole. It did not, which still angers Marjorie Lindholm, at the time a Sophomore at Columbine,” Tapper pointed out how “a massacre in Texas in 1991 prompted a complete opposite reaction -- for greater access to guns” since a patron at the restaurant had to leave her gun in her car “so as not to violate the law against carrying a gun in public.”

Neither the CBS Evening News (at least in the first half of its one-hour broadcast, DC's CBS affiliate did not carry the second half), or the NBC Nightly News devoted a story to gun control or other remedies.

A “The Blotter” blog, run by ABC's investigative unit led by Brian Ross, at 2:30pm EDT posted: “Lapse of Federal Law Allows Sale of Large Ammo Clips.” An excerpt:

High capacity ammo clips became widely available for sale when Congress failed to renew a law that banned assault weapons....

Virginia law enforcement officials have not identified the weapon used in the shootings today at Virginia Tech, but gun experts say the number of shots fired indicate, at the very least, that the gunman had large quantities of ammunition.

"When you have a weapon that can shoot off 20, 30 rounds very quickly, you're going to have a lot more injuries," said Peter Hamm of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

The ABCNews.com home page, by late afternoon, asked: “As Seen on World News: Is Shooting Grounds for Gun Control?” Clicking on the link launched an interactive pop-up:

There are at least 29 confirmed dead in the shooting at Virginia Tech University, making it the worst campus shooting in American history. Law enforcement officials believe the gunman was firing at least two 9mm semi-automatic pistols.

Do you think this incident is a reason to pass stricter gun control legislation?

- Yes. This shows the violence that can occur when someone has access to handguns.

- No. Violent shootings are isolated incidents and it's irresponsible to link them to gun control.

- I'm not sure. I need more information.

Tapper's story on the April 16 World News:

“Gun violence on a campus, a reminder of that grim morning at Columbine High School eight years ago this week. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 24 others, before turning the guns on themselves that day. A public outcry followed. Violent video games and movies were blamed, as were goth culture, heavy metal music and bullying. Then-President Bill Clinton pushed for stricter gun control. Harris and Klebold bought their guns at a gun show, which are exempt from federal background check laws. So, Clinton called for the Republican-controlled Congress to close the loophole. It did not, which still angers Marjorie Lindholm, at the time a Sophomore at Columbine.”

Marjorie Lindholm, former Columbine student: “We're the ones who can change this and nothing's changed since Columbine. You know, and it does make me sick. It makes me physically ill.”

Tapper: “A massacre in Texas in 1991 prompted a complete opposite reaction -- for greater access to guns. At a Luby's cafeteria in Killeen, Texas, a gunman came in and killed 23 people. Suzanna Hupp who survived the attack, had left her handgun in her car, so as not to violate the law against carrying a gun in public. Convinced her parents might still be alive if she'd had her gun with her, Hupp led the change the law to allow Texans to carry concealed weapons. Whatever remedies they seek, Americans regularly react with revulsion to shootings such as today's, but so far these types of crimes have not fundamentally altered public opinion on guns. Polls show Americans support stricter gun control, but they are more inclined to blame these incidents on the ways parents raise their children [45% in Gallup poll shown on screen] or on popular culture [26%] than on the availability of guns [21%], a sentiment then-Governor Bush expressed in a presidential debate in 2000.”

Bush, October 11, 2000: “There seems to be a lot of preoccupation, not necessarily in this debate, butn just in general on law. But there's a larger law, love your neighbor like you'd like to be loved yourself.”

Tapper: “Americans seem skeptical, Charlie, that the evil intentions or actions of one man can necessarily be prevented by laws.”

Charles Gibson: “Jake, it's going to be some time in coming, I suspect, as we get reaction from law enforcement people around the country and from legislators about this. But has there been immediate reaction today?”

Tapper: “Nothing, in terms of any calls for action. People, politicians, don't necessarily know the details yet. They don't know whether any laws were broken or any loopholes need to be closed. So right now, there's just been an outpouring of sympathy and support.”

http://newsbusters.org/node/12075

The Virginia Tech Massacre occured today, April 16th, 2007, and at the last time I checked, the death count was at 33. An interesting number indeed. Let's see what the death toll turns out to be officially before I elaborate on that number further.

One thing that I noticed is that March and April seem to be extremely interesting months every year around the World. Something extremely "drastic" or "scary" that affects mass consciousness according to those who play it over the media over and over and over seems to happen or ALMOST happen every single year around the World.

Now...if we take the Madrid Train Bombings for example which happened on March 11, 2004, we can see what I am saying. Now, the date of March 11, 2004 is one thing, but the date of April 11, 2006 is just as significant.

What I am focusing most on here is the number 11. This is because I wanted to see if I could find any connections between the number 11, and the months of either March or April. And I did. Because on April 11, 2006, a Spanish judge indicted 29 people in connection with the March 11, 2004 Madrid train bombings, including five who are charged directly with the deaths of the 191 victims.

This is very well the worst campus violence in American history. Imagine, however, if it happened on a daily basis. It's called Iraq.

The Virginia Tech Massacre occured today, April 16th, 2007, and at the last time I checked, the death count was at 33. An interesting number indeed. Let's see what the death toll turns out to be officially before I elaborate on that number further.

One thing that I noticed is that March and April seem to be extremely interesting months every year around the World. Something extremely "drastic" or "scary" that affects mass consciousness according to those who play it over the media over and over and over seems to happen or ALMOST happen every single year around the World.

Now...if we take the Madrid Train Bombings for example which happened on March 11, 2004, we can see what I am saying. Now, the date of March 11, 2004 is one thing, but the date of April 11, 2006 is just as significant.

What I am focusing most on here is the number 11. This is because I wanted to see if I could find any connections between the number 11, and the months of either March or April. And I did. Because on April 11, 2006, a Spanish judge indicted 29 people in connection with the March 11, 2004 Madrid train bombings, including five who are charged directly with the deaths of the 191 victims.

WashPost Channels European Disgust at Tech Shooting: What Price Gun Rights?
Posted by Tim Graham on April 17, 2007 - 08:08.
The easiest place to find liberal disgust at American gun laws in Tuesday's Washington Post was in Kevin Sullivan's roundup of international reaction from London. The headline was "Shock, Sympathy, And Denunciation Of U.S. Gun Laws: British Newspaper Asks, 'What Price the Right to Bear Arms?'"

One British expert even claimed you could easily buy automatic weapons along with your yogurt and bologna at the supermarket:

"I think the reason it happens in America is there's access to weapons -- you can go into a supermarket and get powerful automatic weapons," Keith Ashcroft, a psychologist, told the Press Association. Ashcroft said he believed such access, along with a culture that makes gun ownership seem normal, increases the likelihood of such attacks in the United States.

Guns and butter? That might be true of a big chain store like a Target or Wal-Mart that has both, but "supermarket" isn't usually the term that comes to mind then. I can't buy an automatic weapon at the local Safeway. The psychologist's comment was preceded by this sentence: "In Britain, there was shock at the scale of the killings, but many people said they were not surprised, seeing the United States as a nation obsessed with guns, where firearms are easy to obtain." The article chronicled European disgust:

Early editions of Tuesday's London papers were dominated by huge headlines and photos of police hauling the wounded out of a building at Virginia Tech. "Executed at Uni," said the Daily Mirror, using British slang for university. The Daily Mail's headline, meanwhile, asked, "What price the right to bear arms?"

Gun ownership is strictly regulated in Britain. The Home Office, which is in charge of public safety, said gun crime accounts for less than half a percent of all crime recorded by police, according to the Press Association.

In a special report on BBC 24 Monday evening, a commentator, Gavin Hewitt, said mass murder on school campuses had become "part of the American landscape." The network showed video footage of Columbine High School in Colorado and the Amish shooting in Pennsylvania, and noted that the powerful U.S. gun lobby had blocked gun restrictions that Europeans regard as simple common sense. "Even after today's horrific tragedy, laws are unlikely to change," Hewitt said.

In France, news of the shootings dominated the Web pages of every major French newspaper. Bloggers responding to the reports overwhelmingly blamed the tragedy on what they called lax American rules on gun ownership.

"In France, it is incomprehensible for us to understand what could prompt someone to own a handgun," a blogger identified as Aliosha wrote on the Web site of the daily newspaper Liberation, adding that it is "the right (almost the duty) for each American to be able to obtain a weapon without much trouble."

I wonder if The Washington Post ever looks at a European social trend and interviews Americans to denounce how backwards the English or the French are for their laws. Or does the liberal press just aim to design a one-way street of denunciation to the American cavemen who have yet to adopt European laws wholesale?

http://newsbusters.org/node/12081

I believe that in the cases of large massacres that get played over and over in the media, that they involve young kids/teens that are being mind controlled in some way or another.

Whether it be through subliminal messages in their video games, or whether it be through programs that involve trigger words or some other form of mind control it doesn't make sense to me that within the past decade school shootings have shot up almost 90% and that when it comes to the teen killer's massacres they have all occured in either March or April.

Sp of all the major school massacres involving teens killing more than five people, at school, So far every single one I have been able to find has occured in either March or April.

To me, that is significant. I haven't checked into all the numbers yet, but I plan on it.

I also believe that the ultimate goal of the Controllers results in one thing. Removing all rights to bear arms within the United States of America. You guys might not see it happening tomorrow, but I guarantee you, watch over the coming months, how hard certain politicians are going to push for removing the right to bear arms from the constitution. Thats our constitution by the way. Not theirs. It was created for the people. Not the politicians.

Look don't get me wrong though, I like video games as much as the next guy. But a person who is emotionally unstable and severely depressed should not be playing a video game where the goal is to kill as many people as possible out of revenge or to spill as much blood as possible to rack up points. I mean come on, it's common sense.

Now, if there were subliminal highlights or messages in certain games, someone with those types of problems would be highly influenced by them, and might even take notes or create a strategy out of frustration or hatred for someone at their school, job, ect.

Does that mean we should control who plays video games? Or that we even have a choice? No....it doesn't. But what it does mean is that because there will always be people who fall into the above categories, there is a greater risk based on what they play with than for the average person who doesn't suffer from those specific issues.

And I also don't write it off as a possibility that certain organizations that are "in power" have figured out that video games effect the minds of individuals and have therefore designed them specifically for the purpose of creating a "monster" so to speak in order to benefit from the results of their actions and to make it easier for them to push forward with their agendas.

Another thing that worries me very much is the current administration's plans for a "North American Union" between The United States, Canada, and Mexico.

I realize that they are trying to pass it off as innocent and trying to tell the American people that it will strictly be based on merging the economies and not the governments, ect., but what happens if we go ahead and allow them to create this disaster and all of the sudden they come out of the shadows one day and tell us that their plan is to merge the countries together under one single government after all?

Then what? What happens to our Constitution? You can't possibly keep one countries Constitution and apply it to two other ones? Can you? I doubt it. So what I think they will do is that if they are successful in getting the American people to buy into their idea of "The North American Union", is that they will then announce that our Constitution is no longer useful and that they will have to create new laws and a whole new system based on the merging of the three countries together.

A scary thought indeed. And not something I would ever want to be a part of.

Here is a video of Lou Dobbs covering this subject on his show on CNN. I would recommend that ALL Americans watch this video clip because they are planning to go ahead with this North American Union and apparently they don't seem to give a damn what any of the people of the United States have to say about it:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2007/070207Deceit.htm

It's all about Symbology folks. Thats how these people operate. Take the video that I am about to post here that shows the New World Order Mural at the Denver Airport.

Now, on the Mural it clearly depicts a small child wrapping the World's guns in an American flag and presenting it to the Government/Authorities. This is totally symbolic.

Are we supposed to take that literally? Of course not. That's not what it is supposed to represent. In other words, are we supposed to believe that a small child with blond hair is going to gather up all of the weapons from the World and put them on a table for the Government? Yeah right.

I'll tell you exactly what it represents. It is TOTAL SYMBOLOGY. What it represents is that the Controllers (Those who want a New World Order) are going to use teenagers/children and the violence/school shootings that they are involved with to convince the American people that it is time to give up our weapons. Plain and simple...that's what this part of the Mural represents.

In other words, it shows exactly how the Controllers plan on taking away the American people's weapons. By using the school massacres involving young kids/teenagers as a tool. Can there be any other explanation for such a depiction than this? No. Not to me anyways.

See folks, the Controllers truly believe that we are idiots. They believe that we cannot figure out their symbology because they don't think we are smart enough. But they are wrong. They are the ones who are the idiots. Why? Because they are the ones who leave clues right out in the open for people to decipher and to figure out what they are planning. They underestimated our abilities. Thats why they will fail with their plans.

Anyways, here is the video clip of the New World Order Mural at the Denver Airport. Take a good look at what it represents folks, because alot of what these freaks are planning for us is depicted on the Mural:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHKrEFiDn6E&mode=related&search[/ame]

Lol. Do you guys like Cartoons? Well if so, take a look at this cartoon that was shown on The Cartoon Network. It really doesn't make any sense at all other than to send a message to our children.....or to anyone who is watching the cartoon.

lol. But seriously people...watch the cartoon and then when you are done (It's like 30 seconds long), ask yourself what the hell it was doing on The Cartoon Network in the first place.

This should give a person something to wrap their minds around.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/nwo/cartoon_network_nwo_propaganda.htm

Look guys. If you want to know what happens when a country loses it's right to bear arms, I'll tell you in one paragraph.

When a country loses it's right to bear arms, it is the criminals who end up with the guns while the law abiding citizens of that country go defenseless.

Drugs are illegal in America. We know this. Does that stop criminals from obtaining them? Yeah right. They get them easy as pie. And how about the average law abiding citizen? Do they go around with drugs in their pockets? No....

So...what we will have is a situation where criminals run wild with guns, and the law abiding citizens have no way to protect themselves. And then guess what? MARTIAL LAW TIME BABY. Pure Government abuse over ALL the citizens of the country.

"Order" out of Chaos. Picture pefect.

Don't let it happen folks. You won't want to face the consequences.

Look I'm going to have to get off track for just another second here.

How about Child Molestations? What does the New World Order have planned for that? One Word. MICROCHIPS. That's right. They want to microchip all children and they want to use the child molestations as a tool to do so. That's why they have been pumping out images and news reports like crazy of pictures of kids and of child molesters getting caught red handed because they know that it pisses parents off to the enth degree and that the parents will run screaming to the Government for a solution.

And what's the solution? A microchip. "Oh hell yeah", say the parents. "Now we can always keep an eye on our kids because they can be tracked by satellite. What a wonderful solution."

But guess what folks...kids with microchips GROW INTO ADULTS WITH MICROCHIPS!!! What...you thought they were going to take the chips out when the kids got older? Yeah right..it's all part of the plan anyways.

Don't let yourself get duped folks. These people aren't as bright as they seem to be at first. All you have to do is think like they do. Even if it makes you sick. And their plans will be revealed.

Tag them all and monitor them. Simple NWO plan to control the population.

Here are some good videos on microchipping the population for anyone who wants to watch them:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWa2U46RAXg&mode=related&search[/ame]

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/january2007/290107rockefellergoal.htm

lol. Wait wait...I'm not done ranting yet. This is getting good here...

NWO Official: "Alright American's, things have been getting out of hand here in the country, we're going to have to introduce our microchips to the population to try and restore some order here."

Law Abiding Citizen: "Wait a second, you mean the same microchip that my kid jimmy has in his hand?"

NWO Official: "Exactly. It's for the safety of you and your family."

Law Abiding Citzen: "Whoa whoa, hold on here sir, I never signed up for anything like that...."

NWO Official: "Well, actually you did see. In the law that was signed by congress and passed into law by the President, you must have failed to read the fine print where it clearly states that in the case of a "national emergency situation" such as the one we are having right now, the introduction of a total population microchip is to be introduced."

Law Abiding Citizen: "What? Where did it say that? Thats ridiculous. I didn't hear about that anywhere on the news."

NWO Official: "Sorry about that. Sucks to be you."

lol. Wait wait...I'm not done ranting yet. This is getting good here...

NWO Official: "Alright American's, things have been getting out of hand here in the country, we're going to have to introduce our microchips to the population to try and restore some order here."

Law Abiding Citizen: "Wait a second, you mean the same microchip that my kid jimmy has in his hand?"

NWO Official: "Exactly. It's for the safety of you and your family."

Law Abiding Citzen: "Whoa whoa, hold on here sir, I never signed up for anything like that...."

NWO Official: "Well, actually you did see. In the law that was signed by congress and passed into law by the President, you must have failed to read the fine print where it clearly states that in the case of a "national emergency situation" such as the one we are having right now, the introduction of a total population microchip is to be introduced."

Law Abiding Citizen: "What? Where did it say that? Thats ridiculous. I didn't hear about that anywhere on the news."

NWO Official: "Sorry about that. Sucks to be you."
Well most of the last page is you responding to you, but what the heck?

Ok Kathianne last one here...

Or how about cerfews folks? Are you a fan of nightly or even daily curfews?

Well you'd better be. Because if the New World Order rolls out according to plan, they will slap down daily curfews for anyone residing within the United States.

Why would they do that? Well, after they have taken away our gun rights, and the criminals are out on the streets with a little more swagger in their step (due to the guns they are carrying inside of their hoodeys and coats - the same ones that they easily smuggled into the country just like they smuggle their drugs), there will be chaos in the streets of America. And Martial Law will be declared.

So....whats the solution to all that? Curfews. Easy. They are practicing them in Iraq right now. They work like a charm. Everyone goes to work, and then goes straight home to watch their television sets. To be fed more propaganda.

(American citizen walking around the streets after curfew)

Martial Law Police Officer: "Hey, what are you doing outside? You know the Law. It was just passed yesterday. Haven't you been watching the news?"

Law Abiding Citizen: "Yeah but I'm 32 years old. Don't I have a say in this country anymore? If I want to walk around on the street I should be able to damn well do so.....right?"

Martial Law Police Officer: "Look I'm not playing games here. Get back into your house."

Law Abiding Citizen: "Wait I'm just saying, this is crazy."

Martial Law Police Officer: "How about I place you under arrest? How crazy is that?"

Law Abiding Citizen: "?" "Ok, ok I'm sorry."

Martial Law Police Officer: "Thats right, now get back into your F-cken house, and get back in front of your television set."

Law Abiding Citizen: "Ok I'm going...but what about the tv? Why do I need to get in front of it again?"

Martial Law Police Officer: "Because we have hours worth of info on how dangerous the streets have become. That's why. And you need to be kept up to par. It's dangerous out here."

Law Abiding Citizen: "I see. Alright we'll thanks for not arresting me."

Martial Law Police Officer: "Next time you might not be so lucky." (Wink)

By the way I took out my arguement about the number 33 resulting from the deaths of the people involved with the Oklahoma Bombing being subtracted from the Madrid Bombings. Turns out my numbers were off. It's 23 not 33.

Oh well. That was pretty much just to get the ball rolling anyways. The Month correlation was right on the money though. March, April, April, March, mix it up if you guys want. It's all good.

MSNBC's David Shuster Promises to Examine Gun Policies That 'Enabled' Killer
Posted by Geoffrey Dickens on April 17, 2007 - 17:22.
Substitute hosting for Chris Matthews on last night's Hardball it didn't take long for David Shuster to bring up the specter of gun control in the wake of the Virginia Tech shooting. Shuster indicated that gun policies actually "enabled" the shooter to obtain his "weapons of choice." The following was Shuster's intro for the April 16th edition of "Hardball."

David Shuster: "At this hour, investigators are still trying to piece together what happened this morning on the Virginia Tech campus. Tonight, we will tell you everything we've learned about the killer's motive. We will bring you the most gripping interviews we have seen today from students who witnessed the rampage and tried to block the killer's path. And you will hear live from witnesses who saw the aftermath. Many questions are lingering tonight about the response by campus police, warnings to Virginia Tech students, even gun policies that enabled the killer to get his hands on his weapons of choice. But we start tonight with a campus community was rocked to its core and asking the question, why us?"

Due to live coverage of a press conference and interviews with guest about the events of the day that was the only mention of gun policy on the show but somehow I think Hardball will find the time in future editions to hit the gun control angle.

http://newsbusters.org/node/12101

Look guys. If you want to know what happens when a country loses it's right to bear arms, I'll tell you in one paragraph.

When a country loses it's right to bear arms, it is the criminals who end up with the guns while the law abiding citizens of that country go defenseless.

Drugs are illegal in America. We know this. Does that stop criminals from obtaining them? Yeah right. They get them easy as pie. And how about the average law abiding citizen? Do they go around with drugs in their pockets? No....

So...what we will have is a situation where criminals run wild with guns, and the law abiding citizens have no way to protect themselves. And then guess what? MARTIAL LAW TIME BABY. Pure Government abuse over ALL the citizens of the country.

"Order" out of Chaos. Picture pefect.

Don't let it happen folks. You won't want to face the consequences.

Time's Tumulty: Gore's Gun Licensing Idea Was 'Modest'
Posted by Ken Shepherd on April 18, 2007 - 00:34.
Lamenting how Democrats have lost their penchant for fierce advocacy of new gun control laws, Time's Karen Tumulty described as "modest" former Vice President Al Gore's stance on gun control in his 2000 campaign in an April 17 post at her magazine's "Swampland" blog.:

...in talking to Democrats on Capitol Hill, I'm picking up no enthusiasm for a cause that many have deemed a political loser. Al Gore's relatively modest proposal in the wake of Columbine for licensing gun owners (as opposed to the more radical one of registering their guns) is still widely believed to have been a factor in costing him the election, losing him votes that he might otherwise have goten from, for instance, gun-owning union members.

Making people apply for a license to exercise a constitutional right is "modest"? I doubt Tumulty would see things that way were she to have to get permission from the government to exercise her freedom of the press.

Here's what Gore said in the October 11, 2000, presidential debate on the matter:

MODERATOR: All right. So on guns, somebody wants to cast a vote based on your differences, where are the differences?

GORE: Well, I'm not for registration. I am for licensing by states of new handgun purchases.

MODERATOR: What's that mean?

GORE: A photo license I.D. like a driver's license for new handguns and, you know, the Los Angeles --

MODERATOR: Excuse me, you would have to get the license -- a photo I.D. to go in and before you could buy the gun?

GORE: Correct.

http://newsbusters.org/node/12109

Alright folks...I got good news. I have been researching the importance of the months of March and April relating to Satanism and or sacrifice and I have found some interesting information out.....

Glad to see that this thread has been growing since I've been gone. I truly believe alot of the information in here will turn out to be true over the long run...but we shall see.

I also did a little research on the numbers 13 and 33, and this is what I found....

Ok....so in the Columbine massacre there were 13 people killed. And in the Virginia Tech Massacre there were 33 people killed. Both of these numbers are highly significant to the Illuminati/FreeMasons:

In the Freemason's, United States Presidents and The Masonic Power Structure you can constantly run into the number 13 and 33. This research confirmed that most of the founding fathers were Masons. It also confirmed that most of the Presidents were Masons. One first run in with 13 of course was the 13 colonies. Second is the great Seal.

There are 13 leaves on the left olive branch with 13 berries. 13 stripes on the middle shield. 13 arrows on the right. 13 stars above the eagles head. 13 letters in the "E Pluribus Unum" on the ribbon. 13 letters in Annuit Coeptis. There are 13 blocks top to bottom on the pyramid. Fritz Springmeir in his The 13 Bloodlines says these 13 blocks represent the 13 Satanic family's.

There are 13 stars in the Masons square on the treasury seal on the right. The Department = 13 of the treasury = 13.

"As to the significance of thirteen, all are aware that it has come down to us as a number of ill-omen. Many superstitions cluster around it, and various explanations are current concerning them."

"Unfortunately, those who go backwards to find a reason seldom go back far enough. The popular explanations do not, so far as we are aware, go further back than the Apostles. But we must go back to the first occurrence of the number thirteen in order to discover the key to its significance. It occurs first in Gen. xiv. 4, where we read 'Twelve years they served Chedorlaomer, and the thirteenth year they REBELLED."

"Hence every occurrence of the number thirteen, and likewise of every multiple of it, stamps that with which it stands in connection with rebellion, apostasy, defection, corruption, disintegration, revolution, or some kindred idea." (Bullinger, E.W. Number in Scripture, Kregel Publications, (c)1967, p. 205)."

Forum List

Back