The Virginia House passes "personhood" bill

a nuke in every house. that's a good plan.

Well, we would all have to me millionaires, in 1984 money.

but no one would fuck with us and we would all be much more polite to each other.

no one would have to mess with us. one crazy guy (like that guy at VaTech) would just steal one and wipe out part of the country.

:cuckoo:

No.

Operating a nuke is vastly more complicated than pushing a button.

Not to mention the weight..

)sigh(

The people of VA voted them in, and didn't voice that they wanted them to stop. Thus the majority of VA wanted this.

Pair of twits

Just like the USA voting Bush in?
That means that the entire country approved of all of his actions?

read carefully please.

The majority of VA did not vote them in.

The tiny minority who vote in off year elections voted them in.

And at my precinct the average age was about 75.

Never ceases to amaze me.

That's why they attempt to control the terminology. When the D's and the far left are now attempting to rehabilitate Maggie Sanger, oh that's low.

But I guess they're desperate.
What never ceases to amaze is rightist stupidity and ignorance on the issue of abortion; to be so stupid as to believe that banning abortion would end the practice – which it wouldn’t – and the ignorance to not realize such an act would violate the right to privacy and aggrandize the power of the state.

That's what was meant by arms. We, as citizens, are supposed to have access to the same weapons as our military.
Nonsense and incorrect.

The Constitutional standard is ‘weapons in common use.’ As the Court noted in Heller:

United States v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174, does not
limit the right to keep and bear arms to militia purposes, but rather
limits the type of weapon to which the right applies to those used by
the militia, i.e., those in common use for lawful purposes. Pp. 47–54.
2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited.
It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any
manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose...

a double barrel 12-gauge Stevens shotgun having a barrel less than 18 inches in length, bearing identification number 76230, said defendants, at the time of so transporting

ahh yes, fuck the Constitution and our rights.

We have the right to bear arms except...

therefore, you have the right to an abortion, except.

Grats, you more than proved my point.

Just like the USA voting Bush in?
That means that the entire country approved of all of his actions?

read carefully please.

uhm, each region gets to vote when it's time to vote. Each region voted in who they wanted when they wanted them.

A MINORITY can't pass shit, especially if they are tiny.

What a lying bigot you are.

or are you really this dumb?

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime.

What was the percentage prior to Roe v. Wade?

Do you think the widespread availabilty and ease of abortions makes it more likely unwanted pregnancies will occur since it is used as birth control for half of all abortions?

A longitudinal study in 1996 of over 4000 women in the United States followed for 3 years found that the rape-related pregnancy rate was 5.0% among victims aged 12–45 years. Applying that rate to rapes committed in the United States would indicate that there are over 32,000 pregnancies in the United States as a result of rape each year.[32]

Unintended pregnancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A 2004 Guttmacher Institute study found that 1 percent of abortions were the result of rape, and less than one half of one percent were the result of incest.

But pro-abortionists like to use that tiny percentage as a smokescreen for the vast majority of abortions which are convenience abortions.

It never fails that when a politician says he or she is pro-life, someone immediately asks, "What about in cases of rape or incest?"

As if those were the biggest part of abortions.

It's a bogus tactic.

Reasons given for having abortions in the United States

REASONS GIVEN FOR ABORTIONS: AGI SURVEY, 2000-2001

not using contraception 4,957 46.40

Nearly half of all abortions are being used as birth control.

An Embryo is a Human being. You cannot prove otherwise.

What a fucking stupid thing to say. Argument from ignorance. May as well believe that the tooth fairy exists, because you cannot prove otherwise.

If an embryo is a human being then you must be able to remove this human being from the mother intact and be able to raise it yourself.

You can not FORCE a human being to keep it in their body.

Their body is NOT your property.

What is the magical point at which you CAN force someone to keep a fetus in their body?

Medical science is constantly pushing back the boundary of viable life outside the mother's body.

Last edited:
This bill will outlaw birth control and abortion.

You repeat yourself. "Birth control" and "abortion" are reduntant terms for some women.

Since millions of women have used abortion as their birth control, this is actually a factual statement as long as it is understood that one form of birth control (abortion) would be outlawed, and not all forms of birth control.

Last edited:
read carefully please.

uhm, each region gets to vote when it's time to vote. Each region voted in who they wanted when they wanted them.

A MINORITY can't pass shit, especially if they are tiny.

What a lying bigot you are.

or are you really this dumb?

Only about 25% of VA voters even voted in the off year election.

Apparently you didn't get that.

I just finished reading a number of comments in the newspaper from women here in Virginia.

I have never seen the level of anger directed at the Republicans, that I am seeing on this issue.

The women here are PISSED.

They're still publishing the "Daily Worker" in Virginia?

Make fun if you like, but the Republicans have really stepped in shit on this one.

Which is good, because we want to win Virginia in the fall.

Here is the actual bill: Bill Tracking - 2012 session > Legislation

Nothing in this section shall be interpreted as creating a cause of action against a woman for directly or indirectly harming her unborn child.

Please explain which part of the bill outlaws birth control, Chris.

“This bill requires every single code section in Virginia that uses the word ‘person’ to apply to a fetus,” Del. Jennifer McClellan (D-Richmond) said. “That opens families and doctors to a wide variety of criminal and civil lawsuits for health-care decisions not only in cases of unwanted pregnancies, but every pregnancy and even miscarriage.”

The House rejected a floor amendment by Del. Vivian Watts (D-Fairfax) that would have ensured that contraception would remain legal.

Virginia House passes ‘personhood’ bill - Virginia Politics - The Washington Post

I just finished reading a number of comments in the newspaper from women here in Virginia.

I have never seen the level of anger directed at the Republicans, that I am seeing on this issue.

The women here are PISSED.

Seeing how the bill was only passed yesterday and was posted online yesterday afternoon, I do not buy that you are reading comments in today's paper.

There are 30 comments in the OP link's article, and there are some approvals and some disapprovals.

Among those who disapprove is evidence they have not read the bill and are unaware it clearly excludes the mother from prosecution for the cause of death of her baby.

Nothing in this section shall be interpreted as creating a cause of action against a woman for directly or indirectly harming her unborn child.

“This bill requires every single code section in Virginia that uses the word ‘person’ to apply to a fetus,” Del. Jennifer McClellan (D-Richmond) said. “That opens families and doctors to a wide variety of criminal and civil lawsuits for health-care decisions not only in cases of unwanted pregnancies, but every pregnancy and even miscarriage.”

The House rejected a floor amendment by Del. Vivian Watts (D-Fairfax) that would have ensured that contraception would remain legal.

Virginia House passes ‘personhood’ bill - Virginia Politics - The Washington Post

Do you know what "contraception" means?

Do you know what "contraception" means?

Do you know what fetus means?

Contraception has nothing to do with the bill, which is why an amendment keeping it legal is stupid and unneccessary. It would be like a law which outlaws murder and then some idiot asks for an amendment which makes it legal to keep breathing.

Contraception, by definition, prevents conception.

This law has to do with what happens after conception, not before.

I also noticed the law says "unborn child", which is wide open to interpretation. Leave it to some fools to interpret that to mean "prior to conception".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back