The view out of my door.

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
Dec21st2008-1.jpg

With more expected...

They say this is the most snow in December since 1968 and we still have over a week to go.

We got snow too here in Brooklyn. Maybe an inch or two and it all melted with the rain. At least the kids had some fun in the snow Friday.

The view out my front door:

What I woke up to...

72abce9d82ab.jpeg

We have broken that 40 year record too....

Portland snowfall breaking 40-year record

07:11 AM PST on Monday, December 22, 2008

By kgw.com and AP Staff

PORTLAND, Ore. -- More snow continues to fall in the Portland and Vancouver Metro areas Monday, paralyzing the cities, closing down the Gorge, and keeping travelers stuck at the airport. Monday's high was only expected to reach 30 degrees.

KGW Meteorologist Dave Salesky said that about two inches of fresh snow would likely fall in the valleys Monday, with even more in the higher elevations. But he expected the snow to stop by late afternoon and Tuesday would provide a break before the next storm moves in.

Even city sanding and de-icing trucks were having trouble because their equipment was icing over with temperatures well below freezing and winds also blowing snow, creating huge snow drifts.

Portland snowfall breaking 40-year record | Local News | kgw.com | News for Portland Oregon and SW Washington

Forum List

Back