The Vietnam War – 42 years Ago

Vietnam is what happens when the military-industrial complex is taken seriously by our politicians. I am still shocked that Congress finally had the balls to end the draft. However, the MIC simply shifted their focus from supplying millions of soldiers with low tech equipment to providing thousands of soldiers with things like drones, tomahawk missiles, and F-35's.

Eisenhower was a traiter to americans however he might have saved himself from hell in the end because it looks like his conscience bothered him serving the establishment like Nixon and LBJ did the fact in the end in his farewell address speech,he tried to warn americans about the evil military industrial complex.

commenting further on this post here I made here are a few good books here that everybody should read that exposes how evil the military industrial complex is that Eisenhower warned the american people to be on guard against and be aware of in his farewell address speech.

The Military-Industrial Complex Sidney Lens 9780829801545 Amazon.com Books

There has always been a "military/industry" complex involved in every war throughout history. Someone makes the weapons, sews the uniforms, provides transportation, and feeds every single military force. It's the nature of the beast.

The "Nam war was started from its inception for $$$$$ reasons and it ended when there was not longer a monetary reason to keep it going.

It certainly does seem the US has had a number of bad presidents.

Indeed and that is because the president is just a puppet for the establishment to serve his masters-the bankers who are the ones that are always behind all these wars,vietnam and now the current one in the middle east.

the bankers are his masters and if he doesnt serve them,then they end up like kennedy,our last real president we had who followed the constitution and served the interests of the people instead of the bankers.

thats why every president since him has stayed alive because they have all served the bankers and been their willing puppet.

It was LBJ's war. He set the rules so that the U.S. could win every battle and still end up abandoning the effort. When LBJ's crazy theory of winning a war of attrition finally seemed to work after the desperate last offensive by the enemy during the Tet new year he chickened out when Walter Cronkite insulted the Troops by calling the victory a "stalemate". V.C. general Giap later acknowledged that he was defeated after Tet but Cronkite and chicken shit LBJ gave him a 2nd chance after LBJ tearfully threw in the towel on national T.V.

It was LBJ's war. He set the rules so that the U.S. could win every battle and still end up abandoning the effort. When LBJ's crazy theory of winning a war of attrition finally seemed to work after the desperate last offensive by the enemy during the Tet new year he chickened out when Walter Cronkite insulted the Troops by calling the victory a "stalemate". V.C. general Giap later acknowledged that he was defeated after Tet but Cronkite and chicken shit LBJ gave him a 2nd chance after LBJ tearfully threw in the towel on national T.V.
Ah, Walter Cronkite, Minister of Propaganda for the NVA/PLF.

Today's kids don't know that.

Ah, Walter Cronkite, Minister of Propaganda for the NVA/PLF.

Today's kids don't know that.

You might not even know this about him.That he was a CIA plant.The lamestream media has them everywhere in media outlets,NBC,ABC,CBS,all newspapers,thats why they STILL to this day toot the horn of the warren commissions that oswald was the lone assassin.whats REALLY funny about that though is even in the HSCA invetigations in the 70's concluded there was a second gunman.that the warren commission got it wrong.:cuckoo:

america has never been the same since that horrible day of nov 22nd 1963.We became a facist dictatership after that with our right to freely elect our own leaders taken away from us.The vietnam war never would have occured had kennedy lived.

LBJ completely reversed his policy for complete withdrawment by 1965.

Last edited:
vietnam20timeline1.jpg

1945 to 1975: thirty years of lives and treasure squandered on Empire instead of building LBJ's Great Society; the Rockefellers and Kissinger are still laughing

All I remember about Nam is that my Dad was killed for fucking nothing but political games of brinksmanship
I wish you could know how sad it is to hear this. The soldiers who fought did what they thought their country needed. They were betrayed by folly and the corruption of power. My regrets to you, though I know how little that must mean.

yes,they were murdered by their own commander in chiefs Lyndon Johnson and "DICK" Nixon.
Is this not true for all our wars?

Saigon fell three weeks before my high school commencement in the Spring of 1975. What a bullet dodged!

American combat units were gone before the end of 1973, so you didn't actually dodge anything.
The US had a treaty in place to assist SV should NV continue their aggression after 1973. We reneged on that treaty. Had we honored that treaty, it is conceivable that American boys would once again be sent there to die for nothing. So...many of us of age did dodge a bullet.

Saigon fell three weeks before my high school commencement in the Spring of 1975. What a bullet dodged!

American combat units were gone before the end of 1973, so you didn't actually dodge anything.
The US had a treaty in place to assist SV should NV continue their aggression after 1973. We reneged on that treaty. Had we honored that treaty, it is conceivable that American boys would once again be sent there to die for nothing. So...many of us of age did dodge a bullet.
Had we allowed the agreed upon elections there would have been no war either.

You imagined you dodged a hypothetical bullet. In reality you didn't dodge shit.

Vietnam – 40 Years Later

image.img.jpg

And just down the street, they're selling tee shirts with pictures of Uncle Ho and the hammer and cycle. Seems many of the boat people and expats are returning and making big changes. I had no idea that 'Nam is a huge market for Apple products with 75% of all the country's users.

Read more @ How Vietnam Ended Up in the US Orbit Al Jazeera America#

And BBC shares 'Nam photos @ Vietnam War by Associated Press photographers - BBC News

_82593289_ap_209_vietnamrealwar.jpg

And they just couldn't help themselves by posting the two photos that caused the anti-war crowd to go nuts. Two incidents out of decades of strife.

I think that people are being too hard on our military chiefs, regarding Vietnam. People forget that not one single North Vietnamese aircraft carrier or bomber ever got within 5,000 miles of the USA. Thank you, George McNamara!

Forty years ago today, Saigon became Ho Chi Minh City, and fifty years ago, the University of Michigan held the first "teach in" against the US invasion of South Vietnam.

Tom Hayden was at the latter event, and he hasn't stopped opposing those who get rich from wars of aggression:

"It was 40 years ago today, April 30, 1975, that the Vietnam War ended with the fall of Saigon, today known as Ho Chi Minh City.

"North Vietnamese tanks smashed through the gates of the presidential palace in the South Vietnamese capital, and Communist soldiers hoisted their flag atop the building. Meanwhile, March marked the 50th anniversary of the first teach-in against the Vietnam War called 'End the War Against the Planet.'

"The 1965 event brought together professors and activists at the University of Michigan to discuss what they called the truths and mistruths of the U.S. government’s involvement in the Vietnam War. "

Tom Hayden on 40th Anniv. of Fall of Saigon We Are Meeting the Pentagon on Battlefield of Memory Democracy Now

Forum List

Back