The videographers must shoot the video

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing gay customers
I understand it is state law not to discriminate. HOWEVER
The people MUST go somewhere and video something they dont want to video. Does that not freak you out?
They MUST use their equipment, drive somewhere and video something THEY DONT WANT TO DO.
I love this part of the article
"Tolerance is a two-way street,"
Too bad people are so intolerant. That goes for the videographers, the legislators and the people wanting them to go against their will.
Public accommodation laws are institutional discrimination. Crazy how people fight for people to be able to marry or whatever and call the govt tyrannical and bigoted, but will support their own form of discrimination.
"as long as its what i believe"
Pathetic

Last edited:
The people MUST go somewhere and video something they dont want to video. Does that not freak you out?
They MUST use their equipment, drive somewhere and video something THEY DONT WANT TO DO.
Too bad people are so intolerant. That goes for the videographers, the legislators and the people wanting them to go against their will.
Public accommodation laws are institutional discrimination. Crazy how people fight for people to be able to marry or whatever and call the govt tyrannical and bigoted, but will support their own form of discrimination.
Pathetic

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Pathetic

This case will be made moot by the one currently before the Supreme Court.

Hahahaha. Mummmm ha.

Many states have passed anti-homosexual discrimination laws.

There is no constitutional basis for overturning such laws enacted by the various states.

IMO, it should be added to the federal civil rights laws too.

Hahahaha. Mummmm ha.

There is no constitutional basis for overturning such laws enacted by the various states.

The 13th Amendment abolished slavery and involuntary servitude. So far as I know, it is still in effect.

Hahahaha. Mummmm ha.

Gotta love institutional discrimination! What's not to love? Loss of individuality time and private property..
Go big brother!

I've never understood this concept. I heard some one point out that there is a designer who refused to design a dress for trump's wife. Perhaps they should take her to court. Sadly being gay seems to be protected while being Christian is not. We are busy building a tiered citizenship. To me the bottom line is no one is entitled to my services.

Hahahaha. Mummmm ha.

So people have to work when they wish not to and witness perversion?

upload_2017-9-22_6-54-48.png

Hahahaha. Mummmm ha.

Laws can't trump Free Exercise.

It has to be taken into account, despite your desire that it shouldn't.

So this suit is all pretty much hypothetical, over whether the videographers can include on their website the helpful information that they will not video gay couples' weddings. I can see both sides here. Putting up a clear statement that you are going to discriminate is going to get you in a shitload of trouble with the law, but it is helpful for potential customers.
When some of those discriminatory laws in NC were adopted, businesses that welcomed gay couples started putting up signs saying "ALL are welcome here." Maybe if more businesses that have no problem with gays were to do that--all of them--like the ubiquitous signs everywhere that say "We Accept VISA," customers would know who to choose and perhaps those who are not ready to accept gay marriage could be given some more time.
I hate discrimination personally, but not everyone objecting to this is a hateful bigot. They need more time to accept an unprecedented change in thinking about homosexuality in the past forty years. It happened so fast people's thinking couldn't keep up. Forcing it is like putting my cat in the carrier. The more you force it, the more she fights. Can a solution somewhere near the middle be found?

I've never understood this concept. I heard some one point out that there is a designer who refused to design a dress for trump's wife. Perhaps they should take her to court. Sadly being gay seems to be protected while being Christian is not. We are busy building a tiered citizenship. To me the bottom line is no one is entitled to my services.
That's one of the things I don't get.
People say it's about equality and rights. What about the other persons equality? How does someone have rights to another's time and private property?
It's just a big bigoted fallacy

Hahahaha. Mummmm ha.

Gotta love institutional discrimination! What's not to love? Loss of individuality time and private property..
Go big brother!

That funny. Big brother to the rescue, tell them States who they can and cannot protect. Gay's, back in the closet with you cause we got religion.

So this suit is all pretty much hypothetical, over whether the videographers can include on their website the helpful information that they will not video gay couples' weddings. I can see both sides here. Putting up a clear statement that you are going to discriminate is going to get you in a shitload of trouble with the law, but it is helpful for potential customers.
When some of those discriminatory laws in NC were adopted, businesses that welcomed gay couples started putting up signs saying "ALL are welcome here." Maybe if more businesses that have no problem with gays were to do that--all of them--like the ubiquitous signs everywhere that say "We Accept VISA," customers would know who to choose and perhaps those who are not ready to accept gay marriage could be given some more time.
I hate discrimination personally, but not everyone objecting to this is a hateful bigot. They need more time to accept an unprecedented change in thinking about homosexuality in the past forty years. It happened so fast people's thinking couldn't keep up. Forcing it is like putting my cat in the carrier. The more you force it, the more she fights. Can a solution somewhere near the middle be found?
Sadly, it does get you in trouble with the law. As long as someone else's rights aren't getting trampled on, people have the right to be bigots.
If if there is an acceptable middle road honestly. Either you have freedom to be who you are or you dont.
The people socially assassinating these people would be better than using the govt. It's still intolerant but at least big brother isn't gaining more power.

Hahahaha. Mummmm ha.

The 13th Amendment abolished slavery and involuntary servitude. So far as I know, it is still in effect.

Yep make them slaves to the gay couple......good argument. Take that to the Supremes.....

Hahahaha. Mummmm ha.

Go big brother!

That funny. Big brother to the rescue, tell them States who they can and cannot protect. Gay's, back in the closet with you cause we got religion.
Big brother has PA laws too.
institutional discrimination is discrimination whether it be fed or state. States shkuld not have the power to discriminate either. Do you support all types of discrimination, or just the ones you believe in?
Not for sure where your "gotcha" is BTW

Hahahaha. Mummmm ha.

Yep make them slaves to the gay couple......good argument. Take that to the Supremes.....

I believe it's on its way.

I didn't think liberals liked VIDEOS...
The last video liberals talked about caused the deaths of 4 Americans and ended up with the movie-maker put in jail... :p

Sadly, it does get you in trouble with the law. As long as someone else's rights aren't getting trampled on, people have the right to be bigots.
If if there is an acceptable middle road honestly. Either you have freedom to be who you are or you dont.
The people socially assassinating these people would be better than using the govt. It's still intolerant but at least big brother isn't gaining more power.
Maybe we are almost agreeing on something here? But I can't understand what you're saying. Is it real busy at work this a.m.?

The link doesn't give any background on the actual case. Who sued them?

Forum List

Back