The very definition of "not thinking your cunning plan all the way through".

But they mean well. They were being kind. If they're not shot, they'll be run over by cars. As you said, how well thought out.

I'm not sure you can even join organizations like PETA and the like if you have an IQ of over 35.

I'm not sure you can even join organizations like PETA and the like if you have an IQ of over 35.

A long time ago my father was dating this chick who was a member of PETA. Well my uncle and him told her all about the "duck Race" we have here as part of our National Cherry festival. So her and a couple of her fellow PETA heads showed up to protest it.

Where they learned it was a race of rubber duckies down the local river for the kids :)

This ALF misadventure reminds me of really whacked animal loving middle schoolers. PETA on the other hand, reminds me of the truly nihilistic high schoolers:

Murderous hypocrisy of PETA revealed - New York headlines | Examiner.com

... PETA, described as “by far the most successful radical organization in America”, proved as considerate to its 4-legged, winged, and otherwise non-human friends — and hadn’t slaughtered 95% of adoptable pets in their care in 2008. Notwithstanding years of public outrage, PETA euthanized 2,124 pets in its Norfolk, VA headquarters — and adopted out…wait for it…7. Not thousands, not hundreds — just 7. Throughout the year.

Per the nonprofit Center for Consumer Freedom’s (CCF) press release based on PETA’s own disclosures to the VA Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, since 1998, the group’s dog and cat death toll reached 21,339, not counting 2009’s. Another thing to become public at this time is that despite a $32 million annual budget, PETA has made no plans to start operating as an adoption shelter or had its workers make even a nominal effort to find homes for their “charges”. Not surprising then, considering its stand, that last year, CCF petitioned Virginia’s State Veterinarian to reclassify PETA as a slaughterhouse.

Said CCF Research Director David Martosko: “PETA hasn’t slowed down its hypocritical killing machine one bit, but it keeps browbeating the rest of society with a phony ‘animal rights’ message. What about the rights of the thousands of dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens that die in PETA’s headquarters building?”

Adds Martosko: “Since killing pets is A-OK with PETA, why should anyone listen to their demands about eating meat, using lab rats for medical research, or taking children to the circus?”

This isn’t just bitterness talking. Self-described “complete press sluts” [according to its president and co-founder, Ingrid Newkirk], PETA seeks “total animal liberation” — meaning no meat or dairy; no aquariums; no circuses; no hunting or fishing; no fur or leather; and no medical research using animals. PETA is even opposed to the use of seeing-eye dogs...

Forum List

Back