The Value of Prophecy

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by NewGuy, May 26, 2004.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Since it was brought up indirectly by a few, I thought this was a worthy post:

http://thebereancall.org/Newsletters/2001+Newsletters/4489.aspx

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Thanks!

3. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :thup:

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    OK this FINALLY cut to the chase------God has commanded you to not be afraid and be witnesses . You are convinced that you are right. Not everyone agrees with you. You are the one who "sets up" everyone. You make a statement claiming it to be a fact because the Bible says so. Anyone who believes otherwise is wrong. I really have a hard time believing in a perception of a supreme being that encourages the "right" to harangue those who disagree. Your statements are a constant challenge or "dare" to have people attempt prove you wrong so don't be so suprised when people take you up on it. I realize you have good intention but please stop judging my actions. I assume the purpose of witnessing is to encourage people to believe in the prophecy and accept Christ as thier savior so they won't be afraid of death. I'm not afraid of death and choose not to tell others how they should think or act. I will defend my and others right to think for themselves which will apparently always put us at odds. You are "home free". I think your "witnessing" is a hoop that you feel that you need to keep hopping thru to stay on Gods' good side. I don't think I have to do that in the manner you do. I will be accepted by grace. Other religions also have powerful messages and recommendations regarding life that can be argued ad infinititum. If there is a "God" I gave decided to let him /she/it do what it will with me. Far be it from me to think that I can do any better than he/she/it by thought processes.

5. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm.....You advocate letting false teachings go?

When someone else claims the contrary opinion fact, it is up to them to prove it when the "fact" is really opinion. -Especially when promoted and decieving others. The Bible is fact.

Since when am I surprised by people wanting me to prove MY point? It would seem I am one of the few that DO.

Tell that to Christ. I cannot judge your heart, but I have full authority to judge your actions. -Especially and primarilly when they go contrary to His word.

Since when do I not advocate thinking for yourself?

You think wrong.

Only with a relationship with Christ and accepting Him as your lord and savior. Since you denounce Him, your actions are condemnable.

So what? That doesn't make them true.

Even when shown how by Him?

That is amazing.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I never denounced Jesus-----he said many beautiful things !

7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    What do the catholics say about prophecy? Surely they don't view themselves as complicit in empowering the antichrist. Do they just poo poo prophecy?

8. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Technically yes.

They have multiple positions, all of which tend to denounce the end times completely.

A few positions actually try to make USA or Iraq the antichrist, although scripture literally says it is a MAN, not a nation.

They mainly look at the revived Roman empire as an ambiguous thing and try to play both sides.