The Vader Presidency

Is the president and/or vice president accountable to no-one?????

Actually, the President and Vice President are accountable to our nations system's check and balances. For example, Afgan oversight committee which Obama hasn't held one committee oversight in over a year.

Gunny, despite your craven images of Bush and Cheney, he is still responsible to the people. He is not a fucking dictator with unlimited powers. Making enery policy that favors not you or me, but the oil companies, and refusing to let the public know what a public official did is bullshit. If a Democrat did this you would wet your maggies drawers. He is an elected official, not god.

J Reeves, what have we gained from the war in Iraq in fighting global terrorism? Damn, all the intelligence says that terrorists are stronger now then before the war. Kill a few, create many more.

Who said anything about a frigging judge? You infiltrate their ogranizations (yes, I know this takes time and effort) you document and verify what their real intetions and plans are. Then you kill them. Shit the CIA has been doing stuff like this to our enemies forever. No trials, no dead civilians, no dead American Military sacrifices for money. You keep your military strong to defend against the real enemies who have large standing armies.

If you are going to fight a counterinsurgency or guerilla war, then you do just that. You use tactics that are designed for this type of war, not convetional battlefield wars.

What would happen today if China decided to attack US? We would have to resort to nuclear war, because Bush has so weakened our military.

If you cut off the head of the snake the rest of the body dies. If you just keep poking the snake, you just piss him off.

I REPEAT, provide me a section of the Constitution, a law, a tradition that makes this illegal, immoral or wrong. You can not provide any. SHow me where the President HAS to use staff or vet things through his APPOINTED Advisors. Come on it can not be to hard, you keep claiming they did something wrong after all.

Oh, c'mon re the title thread. Hands up here who DIDN'T know Cheney is the puppet master? I'd be very very surprised if Bush didn't get on the blower every morning asking Cheney how to tie his shoelaces.

Thanks for the accountability responses. Is it to Congress that they're accountable? I don't mean Bush/Cheney I mean the presidential and vice-presidential offices (regardless of who's occupying them at any given time).

Thanks for the accountability responses. Is it to Congress that they're accountable? I don't mean Bush/Cheney I mean the presidential and vice-presidential offices (regardless of who's occupying them at any given time).

They are accountable to the people. The 3 section government we have gives each part some powers to check the other parts. The Courts can rule against the other 2 parts, The Congress can override the President and can call to task parts of the Executive. The Executive can veto the Congress and appoints all Judges with consent of the Senate.

The President and Congress can increase or decrease the Federal Court system to include the Supreme Court.

They are accountable to the people. The 3 section government we have gives each part some powers to check the other parts. The Courts can rule against the other 2 parts, The Congress can override the President and can call to task parts of the Executive. The Executive can veto the Congress and appoints all Judges with consent of the Senate.

The President and Congress can increase or decrease the Federal Court system to include the Supreme Court.

I forgot about that - the famous separation of powers doctrine. That was a good move when your Founding Fathers were doing their founding.

It is a joke, Gunny. A very sad joke. There is no fuking Imperial Presidency that you and Bush want when the Republicans are in power but not when the Democrats are in power. If Clinton were doing the same shit you would be screaming all over the place.

He broke the FISA law. I guess if he does it, just like Nixon, then it isn't against the law. Now he says the telephones companies won't cooperate if we don't grant them immunity.

Bulllshit. Did he ever hear of a subpoena?

ChksBalnces.gif

Well, it's to the Congress, the Judicial branch and also their constients which is the Amercian people.

It is a joke, Gunny. A very sad joke. There is no fuking Imperial Presidency that you and Bush want when the Republicans are in power but not when the Democrats are in power. If Clinton were doing the same shit you would be screaming all over the place.

He broke the FISA law. I guess if he does it, just like Nixon, then it isn't against the law. Now he says the telephones companies won't cooperate if we don't grant them immunity.

Bulllshit. Did he ever hear of a subpoena?

ChksBalnces.gif

Hello, if Bush/Cheney are these lying son of bitches that you claim that do whatever the hell they want, crapping on the constitution. Then why in the hell hasn't Congress impeached him? Because your promoting a bunch of lies.

Forum List

Back