The USS Liberty Memorial

How often does the U.S. government try to conceal the facts about an attack upon a U.S. naval vessel?
I'm most sure iranians aren't buying that, their airbus was shot down, because the USS Vincennes mistook it for an Independence Day illegal alien ship, either.

I'm most sure iranians aren't buying that, their airbus was shot down, because the USS Vincennes mistook it for an Independence Day illegal alien ship, either.

i dont think that the u.s. gov't tried to conceal that. they admitted it. at the time bush snr said, "I shall never apologize for America, no matter what the circumstances."

Lockerbie followed. you get what you give! karma!

But this thread is about an american issue and shouldnt be in the palestine thread anyway.

the topic is, why did the u.s. gov't try to conceal the facts?

How often does the U.S. government try to conceal the facts about an attack upon a U.S. naval vessel?

I know only of one such occasion - USS Liberty Memorial

How often do Israel haters have to beat the same, lame dead horse?
You should direct that question to Bryce Lockwood, Gunny:

On the night of September 26, 2006, Ray McGovern was giving a talk on Iraq when he mentioned Israel's assault on the Liberty...

"I found myself looking out at 400 blank stares.

"The USS Liberty?

"And so I asked how many in the audience had heard of the attack on the Liberty on June 8, 1967.

"Three hands went up; I called on the gentleman nearest me.

"Ramrod straight he stood:

"'Sir, Sergeant Bryce Lockwood, United States Marine Corps, retired. I am a member of the USS Liberty crew, Sir."

"Catching my breath, I asked him if he would be willing to tell us what happened.

"'Sir, I have not been able to do that. It is hard. But it has been almost 40 years, and I would like to try this evening, Sir.'

"You could hear a pin drop for the next 15 minutes, as Lockwood gave us his personal account of what happened to him, his colleagues, and his ship on the afternoon of June 8, 1967.

"He was a linguist assigned to collect communications intelligence from the USS Liberty, which was among the ugliest-and most easily identifiable-ships in the fleet with antennae springing out in all directions.

"Lockwood told of the events of that fateful day, beginning with the six-hour naval and air surveillance of the Liberty by the Israeli navy and air force on the morning of June 8.

"After the air attacks including thousand-pound bombs and napalm, three sixty-ton torpedo boats lined up like a firing squad, pointing their torpedo tubes at the Liberty's starboard hull.

"Lockwood had been ordered to throw the extremely sensitive cryptological equipment overboard and had just walked beyond the bulwark separating the NSA intelligence unit from the rest of the ship when, he recalled, he sensed a large black object, a tremendous explosion, and sheet of flame.

"The torpedo had struck dead center in the NSA space.

"The cold, oily water brought Lockwood back to consciousness.

"Around him were 25 dead colleagues; but he heard moaning. Three were still alive; one of Lockwood's shipmates dragged one survivor up the hatch.

"Lockwood was able to lift the two others, one-by-one, onto his shoulder and carry them up through the hatch.

"This meant alternatively banging on the hatch for someone to open it and swimming back to fish his shipmate out of the water lest he float out to sea through the 39-foot hole made by the torpedo."

Ray McGovern

"John Crewdson's meticulously documented article, together with the 57 pages that James Bamford devotes to the incident in his book 'Body of Secrets' and recent confessions by those who played a role in the cover-up, paint a picture that the surviving crew of the USS Liberty can only find infuriating.

"The evidence, from intercepted communications as well as testimony, of Israeli deliberate intent is unimpeachable, even though the Israelis continue to portray the incident as merely a terrible mistake.

"Crewdson refers to U.S. Navy Captain Ward Boston, who was the Navy lawyer appointed as senior counsel to Admiral Isaac C. Kidd, named by Admiral John S. McCain (Sen. John McCain's father) to 'inquire into all the facts and circumstances.'

"The fact that they were given only one week to gather evidence and were forbidden to contact the Israelis screams out 'cover-up.'"

Ray McGovern

I understand...

Speaking only for myself, I think my obsession with Israel and Jews...
Obsession is an illness George

Seek help...
Obsess about this:

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

You don't know about Hizballah's terrorist attack on the Marines barracks in Lebanon that slaughtered 300 Americans?

Now, even you know.

And, if you're suggesting Israel deliberately picked a fight with the Us, you're one of the dumber people in the world

You don't know about Hizballah's terrorist attack on the Marines barracks in Lebanon that slaughtered 300 Americans?

Now, even you know.

And, if you're suggesting Israel deliberately picked a fight with the Us, you're one of the dumber people in the world

Attacking foreign troops is not terrorism.

Nice propaganda though.

Now, even you know.

Nice propaganda though.

Er, Hizballah is a terrorist faction that is occupying Lebanon, not part of the Lebanese army. :lol:

You're so dumb, it's not even funny. But, we still laugh at you :clap2:

Now, even you know.

Nice propaganda though.

Er, Hizballah is a terrorist faction that is occupying Lebanon, not part of the Lebanese army. :lol:

So? They are still foreign troops. It is still not terrorism.

Nice propaganda though.

Er, Hizballah would be the foreign troops in Lebanon, clueless one.:lol:

No wonder you have zero reputational points. :lol:

Hezbollah are Lebanese. They are even in the government.

Hezbollah are Lebanese. They are even in the government.

Hizballah are Lebanese like the Nazis were German. They were rejected in the last Lebanese elections, clueless one.

could it be The "poster" Marc39 may be just a reply Bot set up to read certain keywords to generate a reply, (all be it with a limited range), when it encounters a question outside it's limits it will generate a reply such as :clap2: or :cuckoo:
Lets do a test post, Marc39, how long does it take to sew a shirt, or a suit?

could it be The "poster" Marc39 may be just a reply Bot set up to read certain keywords to generate a reply, (all be it with a limited range), when it encounters a question outside it's limits it will generate a reply such as :clap2: or :cuckoo:
Lets do a test post, Marc39, how long does it take to sew a shirt, or a suit?

Ho Say, you didn't think so when you tried to solicit me for sex, mariposa. :lol:

No wonder your shitty Spain is the sex offender capital of the world. :eek:
Why Spain is a magnet for sex offenders

Forum List

Back